Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pensacola Beach

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Pensacola Beach

Need some advice choosing between Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Resort. They appear to be just down the beach from on another. Aside from a much better looking pool at the resort property, what gives? The HIX actually gets a little better ratings.

Does anyone have any experience with either, or both? No kids on our trip so that won't factor in. Thanks.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:53 am

HIX is on a slightly less busy stretch of beach (although this is not a crowded area anyway) and the breakfast is nice. Every room gets a balcony and Gulf view. Nicely run place, easy visit.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Both had hurricane damage this summer.

After the storm, the Resort had booking blocked thru September, then pushed back thru October, and now thru the end of the year.

The HIX had similarly pushed back booking dates, but now it's disappeared completely. Doing a search for Pensacola Beach, it no longer appears in the search results at all, not even as unavailable. The direct URL still loads the hotel, but any Check Availability search just shows other area hotels. I hope it's just that they don't know when it will reopen, as opposed to closing permanently or re-flagging.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...fp/hoteldetail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.