Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I believe there are bedside sockets (behind the clock on your photo?) - very few US properties these days lack them, even if they are included in the bases of the lamp.
Cardboard (styrofoam) cups are standard, although ceramic mugs are found at higher end properties as well.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Interesting experience this morning as I was sitting out front of the hotel drinking my morning coffee. Within the span of 20 minutes there were 4 shuttles roll through. I dont normally take the shuttle as I walk but I always thought the schedule was every 20 minutes. I did notice that the shuttle says it was shared with Spectrum parking so not sure if that is new and has something to do with the shuttles being so frequent?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Does anybody know what the current situation is with breakfast on weekends when the lounge is closed? Do they comp breakfast downstairs?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: VS, BA, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Does anybody know what the current situation is with breakfast on weekends when the lounge is closed? Do they comp breakfast downstairs?
stayed recently on a Saturday night and was upgraded to a club room, they gave me 2 x drinks vouchers and full breakfast voucher for the buffet
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by PM777

stayed recently on a Saturday night and was upgraded to a club room, they gave me 2 x drinks vouchers and full breakfast voucher for the buffet
Cheers.. That had been my understanding but I just wanted to see if it was still the case.

I've had good success their with upgrades to club rooms on every visit. I tend to alternate between the Hilton and CP on trips through LAX so it's time for the CP this trip.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I take it that they haven't resolved the morning harassment, I mean protesters, yet?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I take it that they haven't resolved the morning harassment, I mean protesters, yet?
Is that STILL going on?

It's at the point where I have to wonder how it's not disturbing the peace/harassment.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Is that STILL going on?

It's at the point where I have to wonder how it's not disturbing the peace/harassment.
Assuming it's still going on the same as it has been, I'm really surprised that they can't at least get some sort of a court order where are the protesters can't start with their bull horns until a more civilized hour of at least 9 a.m.?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: VS, BA, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
did not see anything a few weeks ago but was 7am on a Sunday morning. What are the protests for ?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PM777

did not see anything a few weeks ago but was 7am on a Sunday morning. What are the protests for ?
As I understand it, it is union organizers unhappy with the labor situation at the hotel.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
I didn't hear or see them today. I had an early breakfast up in the lounge but I walked down Century at 8AM to pick up rental car. I'm sure I would have heard them.

BTW, I've never had weekend or holiday breakfasts comped here. Never manged a club level upgrade either...

I did get double welcome bonus points this stay because I arrived just after the end of happy hour.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:34 pm

I've just arrived here now. Upgraded to a Club Room and currently being entertained by Tony in the lounge.

Received vouchers for breakfast on Sat/Sun mornings and a drink voucher for Sat night.

No idea if the strike is still on, but having been in San Francisco and San Diego I saw industrial action at a few hotels including the Westin's in both cities.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I've just arrived here now. Upgraded to a Club Room and currently being entertained by Tony in the lounge.

Received vouchers for breakfast on Sat/Sun mornings and a drink voucher for Sat night.

No idea if the strike is still on, but having been in San Francisco and San Diego I saw industrial action at a few hotels including the Westin's in both cities.
Thanks for reporting recent experience on benefits. The benefits at this property makes it my favorite to stay at for a weekend.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:47 pm

any recent stays as spire?

I contacted the hotel they said as spire get club upgrade any recent stays and advice.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I contacted the hotel they said as spire get club upgrade any recent stays and advice.
I'm just a lowly Platinum, but I was there recently and also received a "club upgrade" which meant club floor room, but without actual club access.

I've actually had this in a number of IHG properties, so no real surprise for me. Maybe Spires get the actual club access, but I wouldn't count on it.

That said, the room was nice with a good view of the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.