Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can IHG-chase anniversary nights be transferred after death?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, Hilton, SPG
Question Can IHG-chase anniversary nights be transferred after death?

My husband passed away in April ..Does anyone know if the my spouses "free night certificates"-anniversary nights transferrable to my account....Thank-you
Old Oct 17, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: All
Originally Posted by vickidr2020
My husband passed away in April ..Does anyone know if the my spouses "free night certificates"-anniversary nights transferrable to my account....Thank-you
Hello -
To begin, my condolences for your loss.

If you have the details of his IHG account (i.e. login/password, etc,), you can make the reservation on-line and add your name as the second guest with check-in privileges. Further, I would suggest that after the reservation is completed, you call the hotel to ensure that your name appears (note the person's name whom you spoke with).

Again, my condolences and good luck going forward.
SanDiego1K and hhoope01 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:26 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by vickidr2020
My husband passed away in April ..
I am so sorry.

The above poster has given you solid advice. IHG allows you to easily add your name to a booking in his name. My husband has never had trouble checking in when we have done this and he has arrived first.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:38 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
IHG Anniversary Nights

Not specifically related to this thread but I added my son's name to my free anniversary night reservation for HI Express in Springvale, UT (by Zion park entrance) in September (GREAT property by the way). It worked out okay but I got conflicting information as to whether this was OK to do w/ anniversary free night from the IHG folks. Does anyone know ? Yes it worked for me and our son has same last name but can I count on it in the future? I find that the anniversary free nights (my husband and I both get them on 3 different cards) are ones I could give up since we aren't traveling so much lately. I've done it with HIlton easily but Marriott is a hard no (no one but the cardholder). I've had mixed results w/ Hyatt. Has anyone gifted these to their kids w/ same last name easily or how about kid w/ different married last name (our daughter). I don't want to waste any.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by T Q
Not specifically related to this thread but I added my son's name to my free anniversary night reservation for HI Express in Springvale, UT (by Zion park entrance) in September (GREAT property by the way). It worked out okay but I got conflicting information as to whether this was OK to do w/ anniversary free night from the IHG folks. Does anyone know ? Yes it worked for me and our son has same last name but can I count on it in the future? I find that the anniversary free nights (my husband and I both get them on 3 different cards) are ones I could give up since we aren't traveling so much lately. I've done it with HIlton easily but Marriott is a hard no (no one but the cardholder). I've had mixed results w/ Hyatt. Has anyone gifted these to their kids w/ same last name easily or how about kid w/ different married last name (our daughter). I don't want to waste any.
Once you're at the hotel it's irrelevant how you got the certificate. Marriott has free night certificates all the time from various sources and I've stayed on certificates under other peoples account frequently, never a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.