IC Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Comparing IC Festival City with IC Marina, in terms of the most basic room, which one would you guys say is better? Marina has the advantage of metro access but it's an hour away from the airport...
I'm checking-in to IC Marina on Saturday. Choose it over Festival City due to metro access, close to beach, and more local restaurants.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Trying to decide between the IC Festival City and the CP Festival city for a 2 night stay in November. I will have 2 rooms, each with two adults and one kid, using points. Currently, I'm a platinum member, but could make Aspire very easily if it's worth the benefit.
As a platinum, do I get lounge access, or is that for Aspire members only?
You will certainly never become "Aspire" member as there is no such status and the IC club access is a benefit for Royal Ambassadors only
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
You will certainly never become "Aspire" member as there is no such status and the IC club access is a benefit for Royal Ambassadors only
Not the most helpful response! The status being referred to is "Spire". Your points will count towards status regardless of which you stay in. If you're staying the the IC you should consider paying for Ambassador which will give some really good benefits, like early or late check in. (I think I'm right in saying you get one or the other)?

The two hotels are physically connected and the IC pool and CP pool can be used by residents from both. The lounge in the IC is really good (though no where as good as it was) - it can be good value if you use it well. They used to have a much wider food selection throughout the day, and also in the evening (which could substitute for dinner for children and potentially adults). Now it's more nibble-style food. With children, unless you are wanting to take them to sit in the lounge to have some wine for a couple of hours each evening, I'd just go with whichever hotel is cheaper for your dates - the CP can occasionally be more expensive, so look at both.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:58 am

Used to be a regular her but not stayed maybe 3 years.

Any update on hotel, lounge, facilities? And RA treatment? Always used to be exceptional but interested if anyone has any updates of any kind?

I heard the steakhouse (Terra Frima) has gone been replaced with a seafood place.

Got a couple weeks here and wanted know any latest news, views

Mant thanks
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:47 am

big disappointment for me, no more Champagne in the Club Lounge ;-(
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by saint77
big disappointment for me, no more Champagne in the Club Lounge ;-(
Agree that. Just read and replied your original post.

A poor do. Can think of a dozen cost saving options at ICDFC that could preserve their bottle allowance and not grate customers in such a way.

At PL they calculate consumption at 26 bottles per day. But of course that varies significantly depending on occupancy and lounge greed factor. But that's absolutely factored into the room rate or supplement paid very carefully. And yes RA's like moi get gratis but then again we are shovelling in spend at the sharp end.

Not a motivator to return and somewhat short sighted.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:59 pm

but we can get you a glass of Argento Shiraz
https://supercellargt.com/product/argento-shiraz-75cl/

or Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet
https://winelibrary.com/wines/syrah-...abernet-111076

Live the InterContinental Life > drink $9 a bottle wine

this I never understood, do ICs really think that an RA or well-traveled guest with the $$ for a Club room does not personally spend more on wine and probably knows the difference between different brand wines and will not drink anything just because it is free?

Last edited by saint77; Nov 12, 2019 at 9:01 pm
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by saint77
but we can get you a glass of Argento Shiraz
https://supercellargt.com/product/argento-shiraz-75cl/

or Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet
https://winelibrary.com/wines/syrah-...abernet-111076

Live the InterContinental Life > drink $9 a bottle wine

this I never understood, do ICs really think that an RA or well-traveled guest with the $$ for a Club room does not personally spend more on wine and probably knows the difference between different brand wines and will not drink anything just because it is free?
Again agree .... this is middle shelf Tesco stuff in the UK. OK if it's a impromptu BBQ with the folks, less good when you been staying somewhere since it's opening month and as you say, one of the main reasons to choose this location, a nice lounge environment and a decent drink.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:14 pm

Anyone stayed recent and have any observations of service levels, experiences and general ambience?

Is club lounge open again? Interested in any updates you may have.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Anyone stayed recent and have any observations of service levels, experiences and general ambience?

Is club lounge open again? Interested in any updates you may have.
I am staying here currently. It is excellent on all counts and they are really making an effort to ensure they are as “Covid Secure” as possible. Gloves and masks are worn at all times by the staff and virtually all of the guests are “mask” complient as well. The pool and gym are both open and the Club Lounge opened (with mandatory closing at 21.00 hrs) again at the end of October. DM me if I can help you with any further information.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Andymick
I am staying here currently. It is excellent on all counts and they are really making an effort to ensure they are as “Covid Secure” as possible. Gloves and masks are worn at all times by the staff and virtually all of the guests are “mask” complient as well. The pool and gym are both open and the Club Lounge opened (with mandatory closing at 21.00 hrs) again at the end of October. DM me if I can help you with any further information.
Top man appreciate that and yes do as you mention. Many thanks
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Checked in yesterday and my Royal Ambassador upgrade is from the base room to an (identical) club room - which of course gives me club privileges which I already have anyway via being RA. The hotel insist this is a two level upgrade and it is all I am getting. Check in took, I kid you not, an hour - queued downstairs, and then they refused to process me when I got to the front because I am RA. Sent upstairs. Queue upstairs. Took over 40 minutes when finally dealt with due to a mix of cash and points and AMB weekend certificates on the booking.

Whilst OK on the face of it, the rooms are also clearly from another era. Virtually no plug sockets, no USB, no coffee machine and only a single sink. I can see the new Sofitel Obelisk from the window, where we were last week, and it is night and day ahead of the IC. That said, Wafi Mall by the Obelisk is pretty much dead (as in shops closed or derelict) whilst Festival City is a hive of activity. For a longer stay that would still swing it.

Minibars appear to be empty by default so you have to request it is filled, and by the time it is done you have lost a day of free minibar privileges .....
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Checked in yesterday and my Royal Ambassador upgrade is from the base room to an (identical) club room - which of course gives me club privileges which I already have anyway via being RA. The hotel insist this is a two level upgrade and it is all I am getting. Check in took, I kid you not, an hour - queued downstairs, and then they refused to process me when I got to the front because I am RA. Sent upstairs. Queue upstairs. Took over 40 minutes when finally dealt with due to a mix of cash and points and AMB weekend certificates on the booking.

Whilst OK on the face of it, the rooms are also clearly from another era. Virtually no plug sockets, no USB, no coffee machine and only a single sink. I can see the new Sofitel Obelisk from the window, where we were last week, and it is night and day ahead of the IC. That said, Wafi Mall by the Obelisk is pretty much dead (as in shops closed or derelict) whilst Festival City is a hive of activity. For a longer stay that would still swing it.

Minibars appear to be empty by default so you have to request it is filled, and by the time it is done you have lost a day of free minibar privileges .....
OT, but I was thoroughly impressed by the Obelisk, and their pricing is extremely aggressive given the high quality throughout (my corporate rate is 350). If you (i) are not reliant on Wafi mall for anything, (ii) don't need to be in a different end of town and (iii) can overlook the horrendous lobby, then it's pretty much unbeatable in my mind.

Service is particularly good, and it was quite amazing to see so many staff remember my name so quickly for a hotel of that class - I would only really expect it at luxury (as opposed to upper upscale) hotels.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:28 am

There's a new group GM covering the 4 hotels who is less RA friendly. Ex BKK. This is a shame as GM's in FC group since 2008 have always been very RA friendly and supportive. Hence helping us spend shed loads of money.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: Some

See my post in the Hotel Indigo Dubai thread - I could have saved you the hassle! I moved to the Ritz-Carlton after one night to escape. Have you sampled the Club breakfast yet? That was the icing on the cake for me, completely pathetic for a club lounge in a hotel that seems to imagine it is 5 star, sadly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.