Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Just stayed here a few days back. Booked standard room, upgraded to 2 bedroom suite 186sqm. Great lobby and breakfast is not too bad but can get busy.

Room service prices are also very reasonable.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 am
cvr

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum & Priority Club Platinum
I've booked the CP Festival City on points (sorry, couldn't find a recent CP Festival City topic and as they are attached I thought I post it here) for October.

In several topics Plats wrote that they inform the hotel upfront about their stay and ask in a friendly way about their expected upgrades. This is a bit harsh for me but on the other side this is a 7 day holiday so I would appreciate the full treat... Can I get some advise from Plats that have stayed at the CP Festival City? Do they upgrade easily or do you recommend to send an email upfront as well?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
In general (very generally) the longer the stay, the worse the upgrade, because they may be very busy on at least 1 night during your stay or they may not want to commit a better room for you a week in advance which they may still sell.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
any updates on this property? Are they still giving great RA perks?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:45 am

I have a 6 night reservation coming up next year. I booked a King Exec Creek View as RA. Called in to ask what kind of upgrade they usually give from this room type. 1 BR suite was the answer, guaranteed. Is this also the norm when booked into a standard room? If so I may just change and save the cash.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Petrus
I have a 6 night reservation coming up next year. I booked a King Exec Creek View as RA. Called in to ask what kind of upgrade they usually give from this room type. 1 BR suite was the answer, guaranteed. Is this also the norm when booked into a standard room? If so I may just change and save the cash.
i have been offered king club or 1 bedroom suite all the time as RA here
book the cheapest and if they dont offer a suite, offer to up sell is my advice.
never had to do that myself though as the 1 br suite was always offered (only 8 stays the last 2 yrs)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:27 am

Thanks. Or ill keep it and push for a nicer suite or suite + club as current room is one above standard.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: US-CP; UA-PE; CO-PE; HH;Diamond
IC Dubai Festival City

Good Day FT'ers!! My wife and I will be in Dubai on vacation/holiday end of Oct for two nights. I have my free night thanks to my Visa. Was thinking of staying at IC Dubai Festival City any thoughts? The second night we would like to sleep out in the desert. We are here on leisure so more keen on location for tourist and not business.

As always thanks FT
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It's a fine hotel, with a shopping mall attached so no shortage of eating options, nice pool, close to the airport.

Since nothing is walkable in Dubai and taxis are cheap, location is not really an issue.
Old May 4, 2013, 9:40 am

As a lowly Plat Amb, what are my breakfast options, other than having an expensive breakfast in the IC? In the mall, there is the More Cafe which doesn't open until 9am. Would breakfast in the Crowne Plaza next door be any cheaper? And do they give discounts to plat members who cross-charge (I believe in the past, they have given plat discounts to their own guests)?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Hi I'm looking at a 4 night stay here next March.

Plan is 2 nights on a BOGO and 2 nights on points.

If I book first 2 nights in a Club Room do you think the hotel will make us move for the nights on points and / or remove club access?

Thanks

G
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:11 am

Talking Which RA upgrade to exprect?

Hi,

I am traveling to Dubai (IC Festival City) for nine nights over new years. I booked a CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL ROOM.

As an Royal Ambassador, which room / upgrade can I expect? Usually as an RA you get two upgrades. But during high season?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Max
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by max1011
Hi,

I am traveling to Dubai (IC Festival City) for nine nights over new years. I booked a CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL ROOM.

As an Royal Ambassador, which room / upgrade can I expect? Usually as an RA you get two upgrades. But during high season?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Max
Stayed at the IC a couple of weeks ago. Booked a club room and received a club suite which was a lot bigger then I expected. It had a large seating area with a dining table. The club lounge is excellent and although away from the main action in Dubai, as an IC in my honest opinion is up there umungst the best I have visited.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:09 pm

Just so you know, I am an RA
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
My experience is for a couple of nights you get upgraded and for longer you might not (availability). Very nice suites and lounge.

Due to the hit and miss lounge access and the reduced earnings for IC, I now stay next door at the CP. Quite nice but no lounge....more points, and much cheaper. Try the beef bourgenione (sp?) and potato croquettes at the Belgium Beer Cafe.

Pool is awesome (you can go to either pool regardless of which one you stay at).

I personally see no reason to stay at the IC unless it were only one night and you had a club room so knew you would have access.

Absent lounge access the breakfast is about the same at both, very good, and very expensive ($45). I actually prefer the CP for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.