FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Moorea Master Thread [merged] - Closed permanently (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/859955-ic-moorea-master-thread-merged-closed-permanently.html)

subdawg Aug 27, 2008 12:26 pm

IC Moorea Master Thread [merged] - Closed permanently

For the life of me, I cannot find any info on the rooms at the IC Moorea property. I've read that the Horizon view was the best view, but does anyone know which room # or type of OTWB is the "best" ones? The only info I got from the hotel in an email was that we got upgraded to a Premium OTWB. Now, we booked a normal OTWB, so I'm not sure if we actually got an upgrade or not. Thanks!

mindfields Sep 4, 2008 5:21 am

Originally Posted by subdawg (Post 10268889)
For the life of me, I cannot find any info on the rooms at the IC Moorea property. I've read that the Horizon view was the best view, but does anyone know which room # or type of OTWB is the "best" ones? The only info I got from the hotel in an email was that we got upgraded to a Premium OTWB. Now, we booked a normal OTWB, so I'm not sure if we actually got an upgrade or not. Thanks!

As far as I'm aware there's 4 grades of Bungalow, Garden, Beach, OWB & premium OWB.

The OWB which are pretty easy to distinguish once you see them.
Standard OWB is built on waters edge, balcony projects over so you can climb down the stairs directly into the water.

A Premium OWB has "true" OWB on stilts & you have to reach it by using the walkways/pier.

The gardens in the Moorea IC are lovely & the staff there really know the Ambassador benefits & make sure you get them. Hope you enjoy your stay

subdawg Sep 4, 2008 11:59 am

Thanks for the response. Based on EdV's help as well, he had mentioned that OTWB "with view" is considered a premium OTWB. If you look in the rez itself, it doesn't distinguish between standard and premium. Many thanks for the help!

me4tux Aug 20, 2009 1:04 am

IC Moorea and Ambassador upgrades queries...

Hello,

I am not yet an IC Ambassador member but before I join up and pay the $150 I wanted to find out if the upgrades have any "fine print" exclusions.

The situation is that I am planning to stay at the IC Moorea in a Lanai room for 5 nights paid. This is part of a post-cruise ship land excursion offer. Essentially, the cruise company paid IC since I pay upfront for the cruise plus the IC stays post-cruise.

In this situation, will IC Ambassador privileges still apply? And if so, is the upgrade only one level up or is it possible to get multi-level room upgrades?

Thanks in advance.

me4tux Aug 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Is there any IC Ambassadors who can help?

Hello IC Ambassadors,

Just trying to understand if the upgrade will work given my post-cruise scenario with the new membership...

Thanks in advance....

me4tux Aug 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Errr, anyone here in the IC forums???

<< B u m p >>

GordonGordon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 pm

IC Moorea multimillion dollar renovation

InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa Completes Multimillion Dollar Renovation and Garners EarthCheck Silver Certification

Renovations Include Addition of Private Plunge Pools, New Infinity Resort
Pools and New Poolside Restaurant & Bar

Press Release Source: InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa On Wednesday July 14, 2010, 5:00 pm EDT
NEW YORK, July 14 /PRNewswire/ -- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa announces the completion of a massive, multimillion dollar renovation. The refurbishment includes substantial terrace extensions of all bungalows (garden, beach and overwater), the addition of private plunge pools to all Garden Bungalows, a new poolside restaurant and bar, as well as two new Infinity pools.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100714/NY35131-a )

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100714/NY35131-b )

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100714/NY35131-a )

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100714/NY35131-b )

The overwater bungalows, majestically floating over the ocean, enjoy hugely improved direct access to the water with the creation of a sea-level platform and ladder, as well as an outdoor shower. The bungalow terrace extensions are shaded by a thatched gazebo furnished with a table and chairs for outside entertainment and also feature a solarium area with lounge chairs for sun bathing.* Each of the 17 Garden Bungalows features private Infinity plunge pools. Additionally, a flight of steps and a beachside outdoor shower have been added for convenient beach access.

The heart of the hotel has been transformed with the creation of two new Infinity pools between the newly landscaped restaurant terrace and the main beach. Overlooking the picturesque blue waters of the South Pacific, the new resort pool is located at the top of the main beach, measures 3,875 square feet and boasts spectacular views of the lagoon and ocean as water cascades down from a smaller Infinity pool built above.

Also added is a new poolside restaurant, Motu One, and swim-up bar, Motu Iti Bar, located on the sunset side of the beach. Motu One serves cocktails and seaside dishes all day until late evening. The stage nestled between the pools at sea-level offer a picturesque setting for guests to enjoy the resort's celebrated Polynesian shows. In addition to a swim-up bar where guests can enjoy a tropical cocktail, a landscaped outdoor terrace has been created as an extension of the Fare Hana restaurant where guests can dine on exquisite cuisine overlooking one of the most picturesque settings in the world.

Additional News from InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa

InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa recently garnered EarthCheck Silver Certification, which recognizes the hotel's outstanding sustainability initiatives. EarthCheck is a program used by travel and tourism institutions around the world to validate and illustrate carbon claims and environmental programs, and is the largest environmental benchmarking, certification and management system in the industry. InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa continuously strives to raise environmental awareness and employs safe environmental practices. The resort houses the Moorea Dolphin Center, which donates a substantial portion of its proceeds to marine wildlife research and research grants; and the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Center, serving as a hospital to ill and injured turtles from surrounding islands. The clinic is managed by the non-profit foundation, Te Mana o Te Moana, for which Richard H. Bailey, the resort's owner, is a founding member. InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is also a member of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (UICN), as well as the international "Reef Check" program, a voluntary-based research organization which observes local marine growth and educates the public for a better understanding of coral biology.

About InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa

Situated on one of the most spectacular tropical islands of French Polynesia and set within 27 acres of lush gardens, InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa provides a magnificent setting for a memorable South Seas vacation. The resort features 144 deluxe rooms and bungalows (garden, beach and overwater bungalows available). The resort houses three restaurants: Fare Nui and Fare Hana -- both offering French, Tahitian and International cuisine; and the newly opened Motu One poolside restaurant and swim-up bar, Motu Iti Bar. Additionally, the resort's award-winning Helene Spa was created to blend into its lush, tropical surroundings and offers natural indigenous treatments and spa products.

For rates and additional information, visit www.moorea.interconti.com or call 1-888 IC HOTELS (1-888-424-6835).

About InterContinental Resorts French Polynesia

Owned and operated by Richard H. Bailey and his company, Pacific Beachcomber S.C., there are four InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in French Polynesia: InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort, InterContinental Tahiti Resort, and InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa. Along with the multimillion dollar renovation project at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, each of the resorts has recently completed multimillion dollar enhancements over the course of the last five years. For additional information, visit www.tahitiresorts.intercontinental.com.

* Please note, extensions were made to the bungalow terraces only, not the actual bungalows.

FLYGVA Oct 25, 2010 8:09 am

I have been to Moorea in January and before the region was hit by severe weather.

Together with an other flyertalker we were staying at the Hilton, but since I was Royal Ambassador at this time, decided to drive over and ask for a tour through the property. The staff gave us a very extensive tour and showed us the building as well as some rooms which was decorated for tours. I was able to take a few pictures, which I was able to upload on my homepage last weekend.

(http://www.hotels-and-travel.de/reis...a_icmoorea.htm)

The hotel was undergoing renovation and the pool was demolished and not finished, so parts of the hotels were closed. The staff however was very good and friendly and showed us plans and results of the work.

In comparison to the Hilton, I would rate the staff better (especially the knowledge of English language) and more proactive in the IC compare to the Hilton. The rooms / bungalows are more or less the same, with the exception of the IC, which has regular rooms and not only bungalows. The number of overwater bungalows in the IC is lower than in the Hilton.

me4tux Oct 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 15008332)
I have been to Moorea in January and before the region was hit by severe weather.

Together with an other flyertalker we were staying at the Hilton, but since I was Royal Ambassador at this time, decided to drive over and ask for a tour through the property. The staff gave us a very extensive tour and showed us the building as well as some rooms which was decorated for tours. I was able to take a few pictures, which I was able to upload on my homepage last weekend.

(http://www.hotels-and-travel.de/reis...a_icmoorea.htm)

The hotel was undergoing renovation and the pool was demolished and not finished, so parts of the hotels were closed. The staff however was very good and friendly and showed us plans and results of the work.

In comparison to the Hilton, I would rate the staff better (especially the knowledge of English language) and more proactive in the IC compare to the Hilton. The rooms / bungalows are more or less the same, with the exception of the IC, which has regular rooms and not only bungalows. The number of overwater bungalows in the IC is lower than in the Hilton.

We stayed for 3 nights during the 2nd week of Jan this year. The renovations were still on-going. We were in bungalow 622, south side of the Dolphin Quest lagoon. See here:
http://www.tahiti-guide.com/hotels/g...tercon/map.jpg

The grounds were very nice, but we felt the service provided by the hotel staff was sub par. I am an IC Amb and they did not provide me with anything. Only when I asked, we were given one bottle of water and a welcome fruit (pineapple).

We didn't like RM622 simply because there was VERY strong under current at the doorstep of our deck. Basically, you will be unable to enjoy a lazy float around right outside your bungalow. We checked out the inner lagoon and while the current was less, you still be at risk of being carried out by the under current which runs from north to south direction.

Cheers.

afraidofheights Nov 6, 2010 11:39 am

We stayed here for three nights in September. The place is really nice, and the staff is extremely friendly. We joined the ambassador program just to get the upgrade to an OWB, which worked out great. Our bungalow was a bit out of the way, which was a tiny bit inconvenient, but otherwise, we loved it. The restaurant is pretty good for lunch, and there are some great options within (long) walking distance for dinner. On thing to note, the internet is crazy expensive. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was like $50 per day.

lewende Nov 14, 2011 11:22 am

Any recent stays for FTers?

I am debating stay at IC Moorea or Hilton Moorea. I read a few threads about benefits for RAs in IC Moorea, which are not quite consistent.

My plan is to book a Lanai room (the lowest rate room) for 2 nights. Any recent experience for RAs to be ungraded to OWB in this property?

Also, will Internet access and breakfasts also be included as RA benefits?

Thanks!

bartla Dec 24, 2012 8:26 am

InterContinental Moorea Royal Ambassador PC points stay

Final chapter of my September 2012 French Polynesia trip report. Three nights at IC Moorea on PC points as Royal Ambassador. Pictures and some practical details on my blog. Thanks.

http://travel.bart.la/2012/12/24/int...esort-and-spa/

mackdaddy May 9, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm a little surprised at the lack of action on this thread.

Are there any accounts of being offered the opportunity to pay for an upgrade following a points booking (similar to how IC Bora Bora offers the option)?

GordonGordon May 10, 2013 12:18 am

Originally Posted by mackdaddy (Post 20725365)
I'm a little surprised at the lack of action on this thread.

Are there any accounts of being offered the opportunity to pay for an upgrade following a points booking (similar to how IC Bora Bora offers the option)?

Yes, they offer upgrade for a fee for non RA or AMB, you need to contact reservation for the upgrade fee. If you are a RA, when you book the lowest room category (lanai room), you will be automatically upgraded to beach bungalow. Also want to let you know that, in my opinion it is not worth to pay extra for overwater bungalow. Unlike the o/w bungalow in IC BB, most of the o/w bungalows at IC Moorea are not totally over the water, they are mostly attached to the land (2 pillars are on land and 2 pillars are in water), and the water clarity is not as clear or as turquoise as BB. If you plan to visit both BB and Moorea, I suggest you to spend the upgrade $ at BB instead. Stayed there in Feb, the only complaint I have is the expensive breakfast! it cost like US$47/pp for buffet breakfast, it's even more expensive than IC Thalasso BB!

mackdaddy May 10, 2013 4:46 am

Thanks very much Gordon.

As a Plat Ambassador on my honeymoon I'm hopeful of being upgraded out of the standard lanai room. What do you think my chances are with those credentials? I'm considering whether it is worth forking out for RA. I'll be at the Thalasso Spa and Le Moana for 4 nights before Moorea. Is the main difference between Plat Amb and RA the free minibar (do you get an extra BOGOF weekend certificate too?), or are the upgrades for RAs noticeably different to Plat Amb?

I had a Hilton weekend night voucher but there's no availability at Hilton Moorea for my dates so have switched my attention to the IC there. Very annoying that IC / Priority Club don't give free breakfast for Ambassadors / Platinum members. As a lowly HH Gold this was going to save me a lot of money if I'd stayed at the Hilton.