IC Moorea Master Thread [merged] - Closed permanently

Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:14 am

We stayed here recently and this was by far the worst IC and resort we've stayed in French Polynesia. The Hilton Moorea is a much nicer resort on Moorea, and we'd stay there again without hesitation. I would not stay at the IC Moorea again - waste of points and time. The resort is run down, the beach is near a boat dock and the grounds overall just look rundown. Don't waste your time here - either go to Hilton Moorea or use your points at Le Moana instead. Hilton Moorea is significantly better on Moorea.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hermitw
Thanks for your info!
I am staying there next month on points night. May I know how long in advance you were confirmed for free upgrade, and is it after you cancelled your paid stay? I am plat and considering buying AMB, but not sure if they honor guaranteed upgrade for points stay.
Do they still offer free 2 course dinner for construction?
Upgrades for points nights are not guaranteed since IC hotels are not required to upgrade points nights. Thankfully some hotels do choose to upgrade points nights. I've read posts from some Platinums who receive Ambassador benefits even though they're supposedly only for Ambassadors. Just a matter of luck I suppose, don't know if my Spire status helped. I suggest you send an email to the hotel, but I doubt they'll guarantee anything and you may need to wait until you arrive. I wrote to inquire if a paid upgrade would be available; they quoted me $150/night for beach bungalow and I declined. A few days later they responded stating they upgraded my room and any further upgrades would be determined at check in (I suppose they meant OWB). I didn't even mention OWB at check-in, we were quite happy with the beach bungalow.

Did not inquire (nor did they mention) free dinners. Since we were in no way inconvenienced by construction, and I was quite happy with the room upgrade for 4 nights, I didn't feel entitled to anything else.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Does anyone have an email address for the hotel please? In addition, has anyone stayed at the hotel the night before flying? Can you charter a private transfer to the airport the following morning at 6am.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:39 am

Planning a trip to Moorea and wondering if IC Moorea allows 4 people in a room. 2 adults, 13 yr old, and 7 yr old. Does anybody have experience staying here as a family of 4?
Old May 2, 2019, 9:59 am

Anyone have contact email for this IHG? I emailed [email protected] but haven't gotten a response. Need to merge reservations and make sure they know we'll be 2 adults and a toddler.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
[email protected]

This is an email address listed on their web site.
There were lots of families there, especially on the weekend. I would think rooms (at least in the buildings) would accommodate a family with 2 children.
sunshine213 and lincoln boy like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:51 am

We'll be here next month. Reserved 3 nights on points, upgraded to premium lanai room instead of standard. ( ambassador)

Asked about paid upgrades for September and was shocked to get a response back stating about $320/night for beach bungalow, and slightly more for garden bungalow.

I know it's high season in Sept and their capacity is limited more so with the construction....but wow! Wasn't expecting that.

Looks like the first phase of construction is scheduled to be completed at end of Aug. 1st
looking at the construction plan map, I'm sure these paid upgrades would be in the newly renovated rooms, but tough to swallow that cost for a property that will still be having heavy construction on the property.

I have the points on my Venture card to cover the costs, just not sure if it makes sense to do so.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
We'll be here next month. Reserved 3 nights on points, upgraded to premium lanai room instead of standard. ( ambassador)

Asked about paid upgrades for September and was shocked to get a response back stating about $320/night for beach bungalow, and slightly more for garden bungalow.

I know it's high season in Sept and their capacity is limited more so with the construction....but wow! Wasn't expecting that.

Looks like the first phase of construction is scheduled to be completed at end of Aug. 1st
looking at the construction plan map, I'm sure these paid upgrades would be in the newly renovated rooms, but tough to swallow that cost for a property that will still be having heavy construction on the property.

I have the points on my Venture card to cover the costs, just not sure if it makes sense to do so.
Any idea what they are doing to the rooms? Just a refresh or anything more exciting?

TD
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Any idea what they are doing to the rooms? Just a refresh or anything more exciting?

TD
No idea what's actually being done. I can let you know next month.

I did find this though, which shows the 2 phases and what work is being completed: https://moorea.intercontinental.com/renovation-program
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
No idea what's actually being done. I can let you know next month.

I did find this though, which shows the 2 phases and what work is being completed: https://moorea.intercontinental.com/renovation-program
My hope would be at least larger outside decks with nets along with an inside refresh. A far fetched wish would be some units with splash pools along with some larger suites. Similar to what you see at Thalasso. That would really raise the bar on Moorea and not too much of an ask.

TD
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:33 pm

Is anybody affected by the strike going on at IC Moorea?link in french
https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/polyn...ea-745263.html

Last edited by zboub345; Sep 4, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:21 pm

Yes, I will be. We have reservations next week there. hurray.

Here's the english email i got from the hotel last night:

"Firstly, we would like to thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member and for choosing InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa for your upcoming stay in French Polynesia.

Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform you that several unionized employees at the InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa have launched a strike movement which is very severely impacting our services with less than 20% of our staff available on average, thus we will not be able to provide the level of service you are expecting for your upcoming stay at the resort.

Please kindly note for your consideration that:

The hotel remains open with minimum services, but with very limited items available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In-room dining is also unavailable. The Shell restaurant is closed, and allthemed dinnersare cancelled.

Services around the pool are also impacted as well, with our Beach Bar being closed.

Room housekeeping service is limited, with no guest laundry service, no daily housekeeping service (offering only a replacement of the amenities, towels and bottles of water).

The concierge and front desk services are also affected due to the large number of guests in need of help in order to find alternative solutions.

In light of what we know, we would be most grateful if you could please contact us at your earliest convenience to either:
  • request a cancellation of your reservation, with a refund of your deposit if any has been made
  • confirm your acknowledgment of this situation and your choice to maintain your stay (although we advise against this option given the current situation)

We truly apologize for this situation which is unfortunately beyond our control, and we look forward to hearing from you very soon. "
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:09 pm

Presume that must be affecting their renovation(s) they were to complete this Summer as well. Curious if the strike is affecting the other IHG properties in FP?

TD

PS....I would cancel my reservation
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:33 pm

i m going this weekend. Will let you know what happens.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by zboub345
i m going this weekend. Will let you know what happens.
If you could post what the renovations include, or will include, that will be great. Very curious what they doing to the suites.

Thanks
TD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.