New "Stay X nights - get 10k points" promo

Old Jun 12, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum

Just received the new "Stay X nights - get 10k" promo - valid from July 1st to Sept. 30th.

This time it´s 8 nights for me - after 5 nights the last times - wonder how they determine this?

Promo Code for 8 nights - 2963
Old Jun 12, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Just received the new "Stay X nights - get 10k" promo - valid from July 1st to Sept. 30th.

This time it´s 8 nights for me - after 5 nights the last times - wonder how they determine this?

Does it also have the extra 10k online booking like the 2Q ones?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rdchen
Does it also have the extra 10k online booking like the 2Q ones?
The mail doesn´t mention anything about an online booking bonus - but I did not receive an online bonus this quarter either - probably because I book all my stays online!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Gold; IHG Plat AMB

^ Thanks for the tip! Just registered myself, now just need to get booking!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU

I'm just curious... how did you receive the promo? Email, snail mail, fan mail from some flounder? I never get these, so I'm curious how they come in.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by PlnCzy
^ Thanks for the tip! Just registered myself, now just need to get booking!
Hope no one else makes this mistake. Veterans know why but to make a long story short - there will be multiple codes coming out over the next few days with various qualification nights for various payoffs. Some will probably have bonuses for all online reservations in addition to the regular bonus. There will probably be somewhere in the area of 10 different versions, give or take. The promo period doesn't even start until 7/1/2008 so registering makes no sense.

For anyone to register before seeing all of the options available is really doing themselves a disservice.

Just a little advice and ingore it if you choose.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Hope no one else makes this mistake. Veterans know why but to make a long story short - there will be multiple codes coming out over the next few days with various qualification nights for various payoffs...There will probably be somewhere in the area of 10 different versions, give or take. The promo period doesn't even start until 7/1/2008 so registering makes no sense.

For anyone to register before seeing all of the options available is really doing themselves a disservice.
Quite right... AND this (or any new Thread) is not the place to post these codes guys, that is exactly what the

* * * Ic Master Promo Thread 2008 * * *

Sticky at the top of the Forum's front page is for.

Notice the 4 and 5 night options already posted there, to prove fireworksboy's point.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis First, NWA Perks, Continental, HH
Changing Codes

My offer is follows:

Exclusive Offer: Stay 12 nights and earn
10,000 bonus points! It's Easy!

The only way I know to register for the offer is by activating the hyper link in the email. However, the registration sheet is filled out including the code for the promotion, and I can not change the code. How do other flyer talk members have the ability to try different codes? Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Go to the fantabulous IC Master Promo Thread 2008 mentioned above, and you will have all your questions answered.

And by the way, for anyone not very familiar with how targeted promotions work, every time someone calls or e-mails Priority Club and even mentions ANYTHING about a promo code they have not personally directly received from Priority Club, somewhere a newborn puppy dies.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:34 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
For I think the third promotion of this type in a row I haven't received an invitation, at any level of stay. I suspect it might have something to do with my total nights at IHG hotels which have numbered 75-90 per year in the last two years. Of course, this has not stopped me enrolling!

However, I'd be interested to know if others with relatively high levels of nights have been invited consistently on the stay X, earn 10,000 points promos. Then again, maybe it's the color of my eyes
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
A tricky question, if I book a room online for some time later than the promotion period. (i.e., the offer says stay should be no later than June 30, I book it on June 15th for a stay starting from July 15th). Will I get the online booking bonus points? Or I can only get pts when both the requirements are met (book and stay before June 30)
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Procter
A tricky question, if I book a room online for some time later than the promotion period. (i.e., the offer says stay should be no later than June 30, I book it on June 15th for a stay starting from July 15th). Will I get the online booking bonus points? Or I can only get pts when both the requirements are met (book and stay before June 30)
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
For I think the third promotion of this type in a row I haven't received an invitation, at any level of stay. I suspect it might have something to do with my total nights at IHG hotels which have numbered 75-90 per year in the last two years. Of course, this has not stopped me enrolling!

However, I'd be interested to know if others with relatively high levels of nights have been invited consistently on the stay X, earn 10,000 points promos. Then again, maybe it's the color of my eyes
Hi
It took three years for me to get an invite to a Stay X get 10k. During that time I had stayed a lot of nights at IHG hotels. There is NO logic behind it as far as anyone can see.

Just take what you can get when you can get it.....
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi
There is NO logic behind it as far as anyone can see.
Maybe they use the fuzzy logic, very complicated science

But, yes, take what one can get and be happy about it.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:25 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by aquaguy

But, yes, take what one can get and be happy about it.

Cheers
aquaguy

I assure you, I'm not unhappy. I am just interested to know if PC applies any practice of excluding high volume stayers. I can't recall anyone saying they were excluded to date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.