Best IC Club lounge in Europe?

Old May 2, 2009, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Originally Posted by Raffles
Paris - especially as you get in free as an RA ....

I read somewhere that London charges for booze except between 6 and 8, despite charging £95 inc VAT for lounge access!
Yes this was true for us, we had to stack up 4 the beers (all abit unspohisticated) on our table so that we didnt run out as the 8pm cut-off is very strict and then you ahve to pay £5-£6 per beer (not sure of wine prices). however, overall we thing the view, food offereings and modernity of the london lounge gives it the edge. Sometimes RAs get a 50% discount to the £80 fee (ie £40+VAT) which is worth it as the food is good enough for a main meal in the evening. They have full cream tea+ sandwiches in the afternoon and the breakfasts are really lovely (if slow).

It is also more lively. Maybe we were unlucky in paris but when we went to the lounge it was empty, the food offerings were limited (very limited nibbles in the evening, limited drinks and sparse continental brekky in the morning). We felt it had no atmosphere, so my vote is 100% with the london lounge if it is £40+VAt, @ £80 it is abit much and there is a great pub just round the food that does "award winning burgers & pub food" and it really is fabulous grub!

We have also done the Amsterdam IC, NO lounge, but lovely pool and incredible upgrade- i think the nicest room we have EVER had (seriously!) so i would reccomend trying this, although we thought amsterdam was abit seedy compared to London and Paris.

of course London is alot cheaper now with the £-$ exchange rate. Beers in the sophisticated bars in central paris are around 15euros, even mcdonnalds is pricy. hope this helps!
Old May 2, 2009, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Originally Posted by jgsx
What is strong about it? The lounge offers bread, meat, and an extremely basic breakfast. Most of the view is of the top of the building. How that equates into an amazing lounge is beyond me. It's not an awful lounge, but if that is as good as IC lounges get, then I don't care about IC lounge access.

Hilton Park Lane - blows this lounge away. Multiple services of excellent food
Hilton Arc De Triomphe - nothing too special, but still better than Le Grand imo

EDIT: I meant Park Lane
I would also agree Hilton Park lane has the best food offerings of all, though i wasnt so keen on the hotel itself, abit Vegas massive and slghtly dated in ares (although not the lounge admittedly)
Old May 2, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, RA PriorityClub, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Starwood Points
Good news for IC Berlin!
Since last month they do now offer free lounge access for RA´s at cheapest room rate!
:-)
IMHO it is now one of the best lounges in Europe as they offer food and snacks throughout the day. Nothing really special, but all fresh and tasty and enough for replacing a whole dinner.
I like the ambiance and service right there - especially the extended cocktail hour from 6 to 10 pm! Spirits are ok and they serve excellent wines.
At my last visit two weeks ago we had our last free glass of wine at 11.30 pm!

It was also no problem to have your breakfast downstairs in the L.A. Café. Georgeous and one of my best breakfasts in IC´s!!
On Sundays they serve breakfast until 11 am followed by a sumptous brunch buffett until 2 pm. And it´s free with the breakfast rate!

We booked a junior suite (161 € advanced weekend rate) plus 1 night BOGOF an got an upgrade to 70 sqm 2-Room Senior Suite with 2 completely filled minibars -replenished daily! :-))

Spa/Gym with very nice swimmingpool, jaccuzzi and sauna was outstanding too!!

It was one of our best deals with IC´s and is absolutely recommended, especially my two girls had been completly free.

By the way, clublounge in IC Bali is still by far the best IC-lounge worldwide IMHO.
Old May 3, 2009, 2:31 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by szg
The Prague Club lounge isn´t worth to visit !!

You should visit to the WAW IC Club lounge !!! ^
I agree that the Club at IC Warsaw is spacious and comfortable, (2 computer terminals, 2 chess sets, magazines, and a variety of different seating areas), but in my experience at least, the quality of food and drink does not compare to IC Paris.
Old May 3, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nicolas75
PLease note that /
- Prague club lounge is currently (definitely?) closed
- Vienna former club lounge is closed for renovation, but is still operating in a non permanent place.
The Prague lounge was open when I was there last weekend and did not appear to have changed since my visit in 2008.

I have read that the Vienna lounge has re-opened in its permanent location.

I also like Berlin, Madrid (evening snacks are poor though), Bangkok (large with great staff and food) Budapest (not large but great view), Dusseldorf (usually supplies pretty good champagne!) and Malta (nice view and reasonable nibbles). Cairo (CityStars) has great food. Nice little lounge at Sandton IC in Johannesburg.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.