CP Singapore Changi Airport Master Thread [merged]

Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Is there any list of Platinum benefits at the CP Changi? I know what the published IHG benefits are.

I have seen some various treatment at the CP Changi, but for most it seems that a suite will be given if available.
One or two reviews mentioned that Club Access was granted if you book a Premier Room?
How about late check-out? I arrive after midnight, so would appreciate knowing about any actual experiences with that.
As platinum most times I've been upgraded to a suite, without club access. Late check out usually isn't an issue, as long as the hotel isn't full the next night.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:13 pm

Do Spire members get complimentary breakfast at the CP Changi?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Is there any list of Platinum benefits at the CP Changi? I know what the published IHG benefits are.

I have seen some various treatment at the CP Changi, but for most it seems that a suite will be given if available.
One or two reviews mentioned that Club Access was granted if you book a Premier Room?
How about late check-out? I arrive after midnight, so would appreciate knowing about any actual experiences with that.
I almost always pay via points here. I used to get suites years ago, but haven't gotten one in the past 3 years. Now, I always get upgraded to a Premier Room. Once last year when I booked a paid Premier Room, I got upgraded to lounge access. I've stayed 20x here in the past 6-7 years. The hotel keeps track of how many stays you've had.

The Plat. benefits used to be printed on the free drink card. Now they use a different drink card. I think they give a welcome letter now, but I can't find it. The old drink card said these are the Plat. benefits:
- Complimentary upgrade (Subject to availability)
- Complimentary internet service.
-Two complimentary bottled water and a welcome amenity in your room (Note, this used to be dessert, now it's one piece of fruit.)
-Complimentary late check-out until 4:00pm (Subject to availability)
-10% off laundry services excluding Express Services
-20% off the ala carte menu at Essence Vale
-A complimentary drink at Azur, Lobby Lounge or Bar '75 for one person per room (Note, I've always gotten drinks for two, but sometimes would have to ask. Now, I believe it's a choice of welcome points or drink chits for two people).
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Are the runway view rooms worth it?

staying a night here on a layover flying home from Bali next Feb.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I wouldn't pay more for a runway view room. You can always ask for one when you check-in.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Am Spire Elite and stayed here recently for a night. Booked a King Business Room and received an upgrade to a King Premier Room (which overlooked a garden area but also a runway view beyond the garden). Also received access to the Club Lounge.

Welcome amenity of a drink in the bar or points was offered. Late check-out was available but not required. No welcome letter was provided though to explain all benefits. Neither was there a welcome gift / fruit in the room.

One thing I was unaware of, while the lower flowers (reception, bars, restaurants, function rooms) are a solid 'block' all air-conditioned, the upper floors (3-9, including pool, gym, spa, lounge on 3) are open air corridor 'resort style'.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/31 - 1/1

Location: The best part about the hotel. I arrived into T3, collected my bag and walked right up a ramp and into the hotel. You can even bring a luggage cart with you if you need to. They do have a separate entrance from the terminal and you can get a cab to or from here. One of their entrances is on the second level which gives you access to the inter-terminal train so you can ride to T2 or T1 as well.

Hotel: The hotel is a really strange design but then again it's a CP so no two properties are the same. The lobby has a bar and restaurant which was really popular the night I was there. The rooms have open air corridors which if you're there during a rain storm like I was can be really bad. There's also a large outdoor pool.

Check In: I had received both an email and an app ping saying I'd been upgraded. However at check in this "upgrade" turned out to be to a pool view. Whoopie. The staff were friendly and helpful at least and they gave me a card detailing the benefits of the hotel.

Room: The room was pretty nice though a little on the small side. It was dominated by a large comfortable bed which had outlets next to it. The bathroom was also large though it oddly had windows so if you are in the bedroom you can enjoy watching people use the bathroom, I don't really understand that concept. Sound proofing is not very good, you can hear airplane noise and anyone in the corridor really easily.

I paid 35,000 points for this and for a SIN hotel it's the best you can do because of its location.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:37 pm

I just returned from a stay and the location was really great. Otherwise it was a mixed bag.

We had a late arrival to SIN so we booked two rooms for one night using a free night IHG cert and points. Check in took forever and there was great confusion over the free night certificate with the front desk person insisting that they needed payment for the second room. Eventually, after she went into the back, it got straightened out. She took my credit card for "incidentals." Turns out, there was a 251 SGD charge on the card, which I'm trying to get them to credit back which is a hassle.

On the good side, they honored our request for connecting rooms. We had a great view of the runway and the portion of T3 that runs along the train toward T1. The rooms were well equipped, though in one of the rooms you could see right into the bathroom which was a bit weird, but everything was comfortable. We got free drink coupons for platinum membership. I don't think we got any room upgrade and we had requested double beds even though the booking was for a king and we still got two kings, but I think the connecting room request took precedence.

The breakfast spread was nice, but we had a bit of an issue with the waiter. We got the buffet for two but ordered pancakes a la carte. The waiter tried to convince us we ordered waffles. I had to get a little stern, and he finally backed off, after saying "but I keyed in waffles." In retrospect I think he was trying to ask me to just go ahead and take waffles even if it was his mistake and if I'd understood that I probably would have, but it was so heavy handed and weird that in the moment I may not have handled it with much grace, but still this was about as far from a "customer is right" experience as you can imagine. It occurred to me after the fact that maybe they'd take the price out of the guy's pay or something so I gave him a big tip. The whole thing was unpleasant and weird.

We decided to add a second night for one room because two of our crew was sick and didn't want to journey into town. The hotel was really good to work with us. We paid cash for the second night, plus they gave us a 4 p.m. check out, plus they let us pay an extra 30 SGD per hour to check out even later -- we stayed until 6. Unfortunately, my wife handled all the arrangements and the one thing I forgot to tell her was "don't fall for dynamic currency conversion." They soaked us pretty good on that. I know it's ubiquitous in the travel industry, but apparently, they really sold her on it telling her that since it was a U.S. credit card she ought to pay in US dollars. I find that to be really tacky, although again, it's not like they are the only ones doing it.

The bell desk was fantastic. Two of us went into town and they agreed to hold our bags overnight for no charge which saved us having to pay for left luggage. They were great with calling us a cab, and really friendly.

So, a mixed bag, but if you need to be in the airport there's really no comparison to the convenience of this place. Assuming my credit card issue gets sorted out, I would stay here again. Watch out for the DCC scam though!

Edit: Update. The accounting department agreed to reverse the improper charge. They were friendly and gracious about it.

Last edited by lkar; Jan 18, 2019 at 9:38 am
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
This hotel is from my UK perspective pretty expensive, even for Singapore. Have stayed once before and thought it overated. However being interested in aviation and keen photographer, with rather nice runway views is there any way known to bag a runway facing room without paying something close to 170 pounds a night? This will be for Sept 19. I am IHG gold presently and certainly don't have points to burn but at least will gain a few. Any constructive thoughts welcomed. Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nivsy
This hotel is from my UK perspective pretty expensive, even for Singapore. Have stayed once before and thought it overated.
I agree on cash it's pretty expensive but at 35,000 points it can be had fairly cheaply if you have a good IHG stash. That said I don't think it's overrated. It's above average as far as CPs go in my experience.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
This hotel is from my UK perspective pretty expensive, even for Singapore. Have stayed once before and thought it overated. However being interested in aviation and keen photographer, with rather nice runway views is there any way known to bag a runway facing room without paying something close to 170 pounds a night? This will be for Sept 19. I am IHG gold presently and certainly don't have points to burn but at least will gain a few. Any constructive thoughts welcomed. Thanks.
AIRSIDE Airport hotels have captive market, and can and do charge premium for the convenience. that said CP Singapore Airport is very good as CPs go, and not overpriced. The elite Plat/Spire treatment there is good too (i note you are just gold).

Runway view rooms here are very popular, so no guarantee one will be free at your checkin time

IHG Points can be purchased using C+P method for us$5.50/1k in the bigger buys of 10/15/20k , or maybe also a regular IHG points sale with 75%-100% bonus points. usd175 to buy 35k is fractionally cheaper than cash rate on early room rates, and you can save even more $$ using 35k points/room if high ADR when hotel almost soldout
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:59 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Staying here in about a week if anyone needs anything.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by scubaccr
AIRSIDE Airport hotels have captive market, and can and do charge premium for the convenience. that said CP Singapore Airport is very good as CPs go, and not overpriced. The elite Plat/Spire treatment there is good too (i note you are just gold).

Runway view rooms here are very popular, so no guarantee one will be free at your checkin time

IHG Points can be purchased using C+P method for us$5.50/1k in the bigger buys of 10/15/20k , or maybe also a regular IHG points sale with 75%-100% bonus points. usd175 to buy 35k is fractionally cheaper than cash rate on early room rates, and you can save even more $$ using 35k points/room if high ADR when hotel almost soldout
It’s not airside.
puchong likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:31 pm

Do Spire members get complimentary breakfast at this hotel?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:06 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Booked using a free chase night.

Upgraded to a premier room and given club access and breakfast on arrival without asking. I am Spire Elite.

Also given this gift at check in since it was my first time here:

I’d Love to upload this pic and I’ve tried 7 times now. WHY DOES THE MOBILE VERSION OF THIS WEBSITE SUCK SO BADLY?!?!?!? ��

Just tried uploading the pic from my Macbook and it finally worked on the 4th try.

Gift

Last edited by 355F1; Feb 26, 2019 at 4:57 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.