IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 1:55 pm

We recently had a two night weekend stay at the IC Clement in Monterey and were more than impressed with the level of service and room quality. As a lowly ambassador both rooms were given quite nice upgrades and I even had a call from the reservations manager prior to arrival asking if the rooms needed to be connecting or not (they didn't, but the call was a nice touch). One room was a terrace ocean suite and the other an ocean view with balcony and fireplace - both upgrades were more than expected. Valet parking was quick and efficient.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
downgrade in toiletries

Just completed a stay here for the first time in several months. As usual, upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite, great staff, etc. However, they seem to have downgraded their toiletries from Gilchrist & Soames to Elemis. Not the end of the world, I know, but I was disappointed.

They still had the G&S bath beads for the tub, but everything else was Elemis.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HHonors, Priority Club
I'll be using a BOGO cert at this hotel at the end of the month. I have a "Standard King" reserved. Can anyone tell me if I can expect an upgrade as a lowly Ambassador? I'm thinking I may change to a better room if an upgrade is unlikely. Also does anyone know the difference between a Standard King and a Traditional King?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jcee
I'll be using a BOGO cert at this hotel at the end of the month. I have a "Standard King" reserved. Can anyone tell me if I can expect an upgrade as a lowly Ambassador? I'm thinking I may change to a better room if an upgrade is unlikely. Also does anyone know the difference between a Standard King and a Traditional King?
I have friends who are Ambassadors who have stayed here twice in the "busy season" and both times were upgraded quite nicely -- once from cheapest to a partial ocean view with one of the mini (like 6 inch deep) balconies; the other from the lowest to a jr suite. It's likely very much dependent upon what's available but they tend to be really great with recognition here, "lowly" A or RA
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I have friends who are Ambassadors who have stayed here twice in the "busy season" and both times were upgraded quite nicely -- once from cheapest to a partial ocean view with one of the mini (like 6 inch deep) balconies; the other from the lowest to a jr suite. It's likely very much dependent upon what's available but they tend to be really great with recognition here, "lowly" A or RA
That's great! I'm looking forward to this stay. Thanks you, TheBeerHunter, for posting!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: F
The Clement has numerous room categories only slightly differentiated from each other. I have been told their standard procedure for Ambassadors is to upgrade by three room types from that booked. I am there in a few days and certainly they have been proactive about sorting out my upgrade before arrival.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by redshift27
The Clement has numerous room categories only slightly differentiated from each other. I have been told their standard procedure for Ambassadors is to upgrade by three room types from that booked. I am there in a few days and certainly they have been proactive about sorting out my upgrade before arrival.
I was at the Clement in June and was very impressed with the facility. I would recommend checking room rates about a week before you arrive. I initially booked a standard room for $275 per night but when I checked a week before my arrival, the lowest room rates were $174 and $198 per night ( the rates were different for the two nights) I was able to select the lower rate and saved almost $200!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Well, we arrived at the Clement on Thursday evening, after ditching the Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf. The latter hotel can only be described as a dump.

I booked with points, and for the 40k we were upgraded to an ocean front suite on the third level, with two bathrooms and a beautiful view over the bay. We awoke to a stunning sunrise.

As we are currently on honeymoon, the chief concierge sent up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Nothing was too mch trouble for them. I am amazed by this hotel, it was truley amazing, every aspect of our stay was perfect. Recently, my wife and I have stayed in Glenskirlie Castle, where we were married, and Babington House. Both of these private hotels are out of this world, but the Clement is certainly a close contender for the crown of our best hotel experience thus far.......o
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: F
Having also spent Thursday night at the Clement, I fully support your enthusiasm about the hotel. We loved it. My reward point stay only got upgraded to a partial ocean view balcony fireplace king which was still very nice. Your sunrise clearly also got an upgrade as we had an overcast marine layer from our balcony!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by redshift27
Having also spent Thursday night at the Clement, I fully support your enthusiasm about the hotel. We loved it. My reward point stay only got upgraded to a partial ocean view balcony fireplace king which was still very nice. Your sunrise clearly also got an upgrade as we had an overcast marine layer from our balcony!
Maybe you should have told them you were on your honeymoon too!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by jcee
Happy to report that husband and I just had a lovely stay at this property, and as Gold Ambassadors, we were upgraded from a standard room to a partial ocean view with fireplace, even though we used the BOGO certificate. The fruit platter and chocolate was appreciated. We found the hotel and its staff to be top notch.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
They have a lot of special events at this hotel...weddings, conferences etc where the top rooms maybe given away. This hotel always upgrades to best possible for AMB or for RA...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by patchan8984
They have a lot of special events at this hotel...weddings, conferences etc where the top rooms maybe given away. This hotel always upgrades to best possible for AMB or for RA...
I'm staying at the property right now. As a RA, I can confirm that the upgrades I've been given at this hotel have been well above and beyond my expectations.

The food in the restaurant/room service is very good and much better than typical hotel food.

The staff here are wonderful. Mark, Hans, and Elizabeth who work the evening shift at the front desk are exceptional. Sebastian who is a manager is very compentent and hospitable.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was looking at room availability for the later part of the year (and before PC makes changes to redemption categories), but I can't find any availability neither paid nor award beyond late October 2012 for Nov & Dec 2012. Is that normal at this property that they are maybe not releasing room inventory so far out? Any experiences?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm looking at rates of $262/night (not including taxes) for a stay in first week August.

PC.com stating it is cheaper than the HIX around the corner! I'm keen to stay close to the bay, so basically down to my question - from those that have stayed, is this rate decent?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.