IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Staying here this weekend on the credit card free certs. Had an interesting thing with the reservation where I tried to use the 800 number they say you should use and they couldn't put together two nights. I went online and easily accomplished the reservation I wanted. I love this trip already, free flight that would price out at over $1K each, free hotel, and I won the tickets to the aquarium and a Jellies Tour...sweet!
Anyone know about the parking? They have parking at $21 a night and was wondering if there is nearby on street or a parking lot that might be less.
Any good restaurants that folks like other than the hotel?

TIA
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
How do you get to this hotel without a car? I often go to LA or SF, would really love to stay here at some point.

One problem is that there seems to be no nearby airport or station, I wonder how to reach the property...
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
. . . .Anyone know about the parking? They have parking at $21 a night and was wondering if there is nearby on street or a parking lot that might be less.
Any good restaurants that folks like other than the hotel?

TIA
Welcome to Monterey! There is a parking structure on Foam & Prescott. The website shows $10/day, but not sure how up to date that is http://monterey.org/en-us/department...rageslots.aspx

For restaurants, the Charthouse is down the block (opposite direction from the aquarium) and has great views of the bay. Further down on the Coast Guard Pier is Massaro & Santos - we've had some good meals there. The Sardine Factory is a classic institution. Cannery Row Brewing Company is OK. And the hotel restaurant at the Clement is actually supposed to be very good. Archie's is decent for a quick lunch (burger joint), and First Awakenings is good for breakfast.

If you want to drive for dinner, this thread has a lot of good suggestions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/calif...ey-carmel.html

Enjoy your stay!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dark Blue
How do you get to this hotel without a car? I often go to LA or SF, would really love to stay here at some point.

One problem is that there seems to be no nearby airport or station, I wonder how to reach the property...
It is about a 2 hour drive from SF. 6 hour drive up from LA.

You can fly into MRY on United (from LA, SF or Denver), American (LA), USAir (Phoenix) or Alaska (San Diego). You'd have to take a cab from the MRY airport or rent a car. I think the hotel has a car service as well.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
It is about a 2 hour drive from SF. 6 hour drive up from LA.

You can fly into MRY on United (from LA, SF or Denver), American (LA), USAir (Phoenix) or Alaska (San Diego). You'd have to take a cab from the MRY airport or rent a car. I think the hotel has a car service as well.
Thanks. A taxi ride for 5 miles from MRY seems not so bad. This is one of the ICs where I would love to stay.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Welcome to Monterey! There is a parking structure on Foam & Prescott. The website shows $10/day, but not sure how up to date that is http://monterey.org/en-us/department...rageslots.aspx
Enjoy your stay!
Thanks for all your well wishes and suggestions. Really appreciate it...should come in handy.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
I've been a few times, and personally really like the Fish Hopper restaurant. Brilliant views of the bay, and lovely food and service the times myself and my wife have been.

Enjoy!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:35 pm
Used to be highman123

I just came back from a one-night stay using the Chase Priority Club card stay certificate.

Overall I really liked this hotel – it's modern elegance and very friendly and knowledgeable staff made my stay a real enjoyment. I consider it one of the best and most modern lodging options in the area. It provides a good 'entry level' luxury product.

http://www.mightytravels.com/1323275...he_clement.php
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Has anyone stayed in both the Ocean View Junior Suite, and the Ocean View King Suite?

Do they both have the same view, and do they both have a balcony?

I booked a stay for April, and I was upgraded to the Junior Suite. I know that if I called, they would bump me up to the King Suite because of my RA status, but I don't want to do so if there isn't any differences between the suites (other than size).

Any info would be appreciated if you've stayed there. I've already read the room descriptions on IHG.com, so no need to quote those.

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
A Junior Suite tends to be an (Partial) Ocean View. A Luxury King Suite tends to be Oceanfront. What this means is the balcony on the Junior Suite tends to be a little smaller and you can see a partial view of the Ocean from it but it might be on the far side of the court yard. The Luxury King Suite has the balcony almost directly over the water.

Personally, having stayed in both, I'd suggest the Luxury King over the Junior Suite in terms of the view and proximity to the water. In terms of the room itself they are similar in many regards, however the Luxury King is a little nicer and has a nicer bathroom space.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The location of the suite will be really important too. I think there are 4 floors of suites. The first 2 floors are unacceptably close to the tourist boardwalk that wraps the front of the property. I refused a 2nd floor suite for this reason. The top floor gets you a bit more distance from the hordes.

The right hand side of the property (standing within it and looking at the ocean) is directly adjacent to the Bubba Gump place next door which also causes noise and disturbance from their open air terrace.

This is a great property and the suites are very nice but if you pay for one (as we did) then you want to be in the right suite I think. If the Junior Suites are positioned differently (perhaps in the main building) then they might have some advantage in giving a more consistent experience.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by roadman3313
A Junior Suite tends to be an (Partial) Ocean View. A Luxury King Suite tends to be Oceanfront. What this means is the balcony on the Junior Suite tends to be a little smaller and you can see a partial view of the Ocean from it but it might be on the far side of the court yard. The Luxury King Suite has the balcony almost directly over the water.
This is extremely helpful, thank you. This is my first time to California, or the West Coast for that matter, and the ocean view with balcony is really important to me. I'll have to give a call over and see if they'll give me the king suite.

I'm really just looking to get away for a few days and enjoy the peace and quiet of the pacific coast.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:25 pm

I sent over an email to the hotel, and to my delight, they were able to confirm my upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Ocean View Suite! I can't wait for the panoramic ocean views and the private balcony.

Thanks for the info guys!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:10 pm

Has anyone stayed at the IC Clement Monterey recently? I'm looking to hear some recent experiences.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Love this hotel. Our favorite weekend escape. Always stay in a suite, anything else is just terrible comparing to the balcony over the ocean. Fresh air, sea gulls, sunrises, can't be beat.
But… they really have to fix the restaurant. It's been always pretty terrible, but it hasn't improved which is pretty sad… Tried to have a breakfast yesterday (Presidents day), around 9AM, empty and the hostess makes us wait. Why? "We only have two(!) waiters, so we don't want your experience to suffer". What a bunch of cr@p, unbelievable. My experience is suffering by waiting in front of an empty restaurant. Two waiters on a day like this? Obviously we went to a great little place across the street.
Today we tried again (why???). They don't have salmon. Can anyone move his a@@ and buy some? Especially as this is a Presidents day weekend? The waiter looked like he was really suffering from being there too. There is one new guy who is really great, smiling and enthusiastic, but most of the crew are sliding in slow motion.
This hotel has an amazing location and the view from the suites simply is outstanding. For us it's about coming here and recharging. But please, if anyone reads that, do something with your restaurant!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.