Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I used a free night from the promo a couple of months ago and was given all RA benefits including minibar and the snacks in the minibar. Internet was also free. I did not ask about breakfast.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Travelzoo special -- $149/night

Travelzoo advertised a special here at $149/nt Sun-Thur, $179 Fri-Sat. Includes free internet and some other stuff.

Monterey is lovely in the winter -- and it's the best time of year to take advantage of the Clement's fireplaces.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
I stayed there 2 weeks ago on an award stay with my family using my last of my free nights. I requested a specific room and was given it (4th floor). It was a very nice hotel with nice sized rooms. We are members at the aquarium next door, so it was easy travel back and forth.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Travelzoo advertised a special here at $149/nt Sun-Thur, $179 Fri-Sat. Includes free internet and some other stuff.

Monterey is lovely in the winter -- and it's the best time of year to take advantage of the Clement's fireplaces.
Fireplace is especially useful since it is 34 degrees right now in Monterey.

The swells are big these past few days and makes for interesting whitewater wave action coming into the shore.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 5:53 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We are at the IC Clement Monterey now. They are currently offering Ambassadors free WiFi (on any rate), but they unfortunately are no longer giving free breakfast. (That was a great perk while it lasted.) We have always been given nice upgrades as Ambassadors, and on this trip we were given an ocean-facing balcony room, even on our free nights promo booking.

We like this hotel a lot, and we try to come often. The hotel is clean and nice, and the staff has always been very friendly. The location is great, right on Cannery Row and only steps from the Aquarium. Breakfast at the C restaurant runs about $10-$15 for the main dishes, and the quality is good. We have not tried lunch or dinner there. Valet parking is $20 per day, but I have been told there are cheaper self-parking options nearby. Dippin Dots is across the street.

As for nearby restaurants, we've enjoyed Chart House (on the nicer side) and Willy's BBQ (casual). Sly McFly's is decent. We did not care for Bubba Gump's next door. We usually have a good time at the Scheid Winery tasting room directly across the street.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star, Southwest A-List Preferred, Marriot Gold
3/9/2010

Stayed there last week. I walked in and got a king size standard room, nF/nB, for $139 -- $10 off the lowest available rate on the website. Great hotel. I definitely will be back. The room was spacious and clean. The 37" (?) flat screen was a good sized TV for the room, and the separate soaking tub and shower was a nice touch . . . as was the little zen garden on the desk. I wasted about 45 minutes playing with that this.

The highlight, for me at least, was the fitness center. It was well equipped with (approx) 3 ellipticals, 3 treadmills, a couple bikes, and full weight machines. MUCH better than most of the fitness centers I've seen at other hotels in Monterey.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:28 am

We're trying to book here for next year (mid-may) but it appears that inventory as been loaded for that far ahead yet. I thought that all ICHG properties were bookable 50 weeks in advance? I guess not (or they're booked out throughout all of May, which seems unlikely!

I tried emailing the property but I didn't get a reply, does anyone have a better email address than the one on the site? ([email protected])
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:38 pm

Adjoing rooms

Has anyone stayed here in adjoining rooms? Are they nice? Any to request? I understand suites only accommodate 3 due to fire code.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:26 pm

Hey all,

Just wondering if it would be viable to park all day and overnight off the beach @ Ocean View Blvd and 1st St (Andy Jacobsen Park?)? Do they allow overnight parking? I keep hearing parking is "free" with "no time limit" in that area, but is there a restriction on leaving your car overnight? I was planning to drive in from out of town and head to the aquarium and then go to the hotel afterwards.

--Jeremy
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by jplee3
Hey all,

Just wondering if it would be viable to park all day and overnight off the beach @ Ocean View Blvd and 1st St (Andy Jacobsen Park?)? Do they allow overnight parking? I keep hearing parking is "free" with "no time limit" in that area, but is there a restriction on leaving your car overnight? I was planning to drive in from out of town and head to the aquarium and then go to the hotel afterwards.

--Jeremy
Overnight is okay as long as there are no signs restricting parking. There are a couple of blocks of non-meter, unrestricted parking along the waterfront just past the Aquarium and American Tin Cannery shops heading towards Pacific Grove.

Monterey and Pacific Grove are ticket crazy so make sure there are no posted signs on the street.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:24 am

For those of you who stayed at the IC Clement on all points, were you charged any additional fees/taxes (I'm not talking about parking either)?

I'm seeing this note on the reservation page:

"10.05% per night and 1.00 USD not included in rate effective 25 November, 2010 thru 26 November, 2010
MONTEREY COUNTY ASSESSMENT USD 1"

So will I be charged 10.05% on the rate of a standard room + $1?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jplee3
For those of you who stayed at the IC Clement on all points, were you charged any additional fees/taxes (I'm not talking about parking either)?

I'm seeing this note on the reservation page:

"10.05% per night and 1.00 USD not included in rate effective 25 November, 2010 thru 26 November, 2010
MONTEREY COUNTY ASSESSMENT USD 1"

So will I be charged 10.05% on the rate of a standard room + $1?
My last points stay was in August. I checked my credit card -- I was only charged $21, which was for valet parking.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: GPP G, PC PlAmb, BAEC S, FB G, LH SEN
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
My last points stay was in August. I checked my credit card -- I was only charged $21, which was for valet parking.
+1
points stay in June, just the valet on CC
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:37 am

Anybody know what the parking policy is at the IC Clement's parking structure? Is it 24 hours *from* the time you entered the structure?

Reason why I'm asking is because I'm going to the aquarium in the morning *first* and am planning to check into the hotel after we're done at the aquarium. So if we get there at 9-9:30am and park in the structure, my hope is that I would only be charged the $21/$18 until 9-9:30am the *next* morning (and by that time we'll have left).

I spoke with a parking attendant on the phone there and she said the clock/day resets at 12am every day... which made it sound like they charge based on a 24 hour clock starting at 12am. That wouldn't make much sense though and I'm sure ppl wouldn't be too happy if they checked in at 4pm, got charged for parking from 4pm-11:59pm and then got charged *again* from 12am and on.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:07 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by miAAflyer
Has anyone stayed here in adjoining rooms? Are they nice? Any to request? I understand suites only accommodate 3 due to fire code.
We stayed in two connecting rooms for three persons three weeks ago on a triple-A rate, one king connecting to 2 queens. I reserved two rooms with fireplace but was upgraded to two rooms with ocean view, sans âtre. Nice stay, very good location. The C restaurant+bar was expensive but worth the value and serivce. There's a good selection of local Monterey wines. Parking was in the next building, but conveniently accessible on the second floor with a bridge connecting the two buildings. We will go back to the Clement if we're in the area again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.