Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bathrooms at Crowne Plaza Timesquare Manhattan?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SENATOR
New Bathrooms at Crowne Plaza Timesquare Manhattan?

When will the run down bathrooms be replaced at the Cronew Plaza Hotel at Nw York's Timesquare? Ok the hotel is usually full and they take prices like crazy because they are at this unbeatable location nevertheless the bathrooms are run down and not up to 5 star standards so it gets time that they will be re made.
Old May 6, 2008, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Anyone with rescent experience or having any ideas about renovations conserning the bathrooms at the Crowne Plaza Timesquare?
Old May 6, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
They're preparing to install new bathrooms for the upcoming poker tournament... they called it the Royal Flush Advantage.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm here all week, try the veal.
Old May 7, 2008, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by LXA350
...not up to 5 star standards...
By who's measure? I wouldn't consider any CPs to be in the 5-star range, let alone most meeting 4-stars.
Old May 7, 2008, 1:48 pm

We stayed here for 3 nights last week...
King Bed Plaza (floor 33).
Room and bathroom were smart clean and totally acceptable.
Definately not in need of reburbishment.

Refurbishment work is ongoing at this hotel; the Samplings Restaurant and Bar was being boarded up last week and is not currently available.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by Shareholder
By who's measure? I wouldn't consider any CPs to be in the 5-star range, let alone most meeting 4-stars.
I don't know any CP that could be considered 5* either, quite a few ICs don't even qualify for 5* (the Barclay comes to mind right away).
Old May 9, 2008, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martinp13
They're preparing to install new bathrooms for the upcoming poker tournament... they called it the Royal Flush Advantage.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm here all week, try the veal.
lol...when is the poker tournament?
Old May 31, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: PC Plat, BMI, BA
I have noticed that this hotel now has posted on the website "Priority Club Reward Night Reimbursement Program is currently unavailable for stays prior to January 1, 2009"
This previously had the date of the end of May. I have a points stay booked over the new year with 1 paid night on the 31st Dec. This seems to say to me that they maybe leaving IHG? Any ideas what's going on?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LXA350
bathrooms are run down and not up to 5 star standards
CP Times Square bathtubs are the traditional basic old American Standard ones, as in many other HI / CP and even IC in the world, at a time when IHG group has no clear segmentation of their products.
Recent properties offer better bathrooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.