Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
IC Singapore

InterContinental Singapore

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Plat Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Very Happy

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
King Shophouse, Shophouse Suite. (1 level) For me, that's good, since previous visits have just been higher floors/views as upgrades.

How are the rooms?
Lovely. One of the new styles and slightly larger layout to accompany the cot for our son. Our room was directly above the IC Sign that faces Bugis Mall. We were on the 3rd floor and heard little to no noise from both downstairs in the Mall and from the construction from the renovation.

However a very angry south-african gent came into the lounge to complain. I believe he was on a higher floor, though must be a more line of sight placement for noise I guess. I understand that I would be annoyed if my son or I lost sleep, though there was a bit of a stinky DYKWIA attitude that I didn't like - and felt a little sorry for the club staff who couldn't realistically do anything about it.

How is the exec. lounge?
Service is wonderful from staff and club manager. The breakfast isn't as substantial as the main restaurant (lobby) offerings, but the atmosphere and service is so much better. Afternoon Tea was nice, but not as good in some of the tea offerings compared to Bali.

I do think that the Club Lounge should be 24hr, or at least extended hours, as Singapore is as much a night city as it is a day and we often came back late and thirsty.

Check in was great and coincided with afternoon tea. Didn't bat an eye-lid in allowing my parents to accompany.

What was your welcome gift?
Singapore Lion. Some chocolates and a lovely birthday cake for my Son.

We also got a bag of toiletries for our son, though we neglected to use them.

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Yes. Replenished daily.

What was good?
- Service in the lounge.
- Even though renovation was happening (including weekends) I didn't hear it too much.
- Great decor, in general, and view.

What was bad?
- I would love the lounge to be open longer/24hrs.
- TV was on the fritz in the living area. Physical problem with the set, not the system. Offered to swap around with the bedroom one which was clear but we never found a suitable time. They did offer us to move to another shophouse suite, but we loved the view and we really didn't feel like packing/unpacking again with the 2 days we had left.
- The bathroom doesn't really feel new, the door paint feels tired and the floors and hallways feel tired also in the room and general hallways. I guess they won't be fixed or haven't gotten to yet.

Value for the money? Would you return?
Definitely good value on the IHG rewards adv rate we used. We will return to see once the renovation is complete.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
IC Clement Monterey

InterContinental The Clement Monterey

Plat Ambassador

Quite Happy

Booked standard king, got top-floor king w/fireplace and partial oceanview balcony ("partial" view was really quite nice; just had to look slightly to the left).

How are the rooms?
Comfortable, spacious, tastefully decorated.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Fancy chocolate bar.

Yes, water refreshed daily

What was good?
Location, decor, staff, food, live music in restaurant/patio (guitarist was excellent). Lobster omelet on the menu was a good bit better than I usually do for breakfast, and not disproportionately expensive. Superb sound insulation--room faces a busy plaza and I heard nothing with the balcony door closed.

What was bad?
Not much. Takes valet a fair few minutes to come around--a hazard of a pedestrian-heavy location on a holiday weekend. Bathroom door stuck a bit, but that's the only nitpick in an otherwise perfect accommodation.

Runs pricey but in line with peers in the area; rate comparison for ambassador upgrade vs room booked came in at around $150/night. Already looking for excuses to return.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
IC Berlin

Plat ambassador.

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Very happy.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked business room, upgraded to Club deluxe 8th floor, which was larger (45sqm, 484sqft) than the business/superior rooms and had separate shower and bath.

How are the rooms?
Very spacious room and bathroom. Nice park views. FREE minibar.

Fruit plate, local chocolates.

How is the exec. lounge?
Fantastic spread, wine, beer, spirits, champagne offerings.

What was good and what was bad?
Great service. Attentive and friendly staff.

Value for $? Would you return?
Probably one of the best IC value out there.

Afternoon drinks

Midday spread, Hot options in the evening.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Sydney

Plat Ambassador

Yes, we like the location.

Club room, upgraded to cnr suite .... however not without first telling us that it was just a one off. confusion because when we booked we were royal ambassadors...

How are the rooms?
The cnr suite is spacious and comfortable. Separate powder room. Bathroom has bath and separate shower. We slept very well here.

How is the exec. lounge?
As always this is a highlight in Sydney. They've given it a fairly minor revamp, recovered some chairs, added in a couple of higher tables and chairs and some tall bar type chairs. Changed some outdoor furniture. Service is always pretty good here. I find the evening canaps to be a bit blah though, although saying that, there is plenty.

Bottle of wine, but then they thought we were Royals

Yes

What was good?
The lounge. Billy, the new manager seems great. Organised a little birthday slice of cake with candle and an espresso martini for me!
Housekeeping was efficient.

What was bad?
Check in wasn't really 'bad' but just a bit on the awkward side. Having been sent an email telling us we had been upgraded to a cnr suite and then a bit of oh I need to double check this and oh we are giving you a much better upgrade than you deserve kind of treatment was a bit underwhelming.

It is expensive here but we always seem to come back.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Boston

Plat Ambassador

Yes

Day 1: Free IHG credit card room- upgraded to harbor view. I kind of had half-club since I swapped my keys the morning of day 2.
Days 2 and 3: Club Room city view on annual BOGO- upgraded to harbor view
We actually just didn't move rooms as we were on the floor below the club anyway. It was the smallest room on the floor according to the fire evacuation sign (if to scale), but it was big enough for us if a suite was not available.

How are the rooms?
This was the smallest room on the floor (I think) and it had a huge bathroom with both tub and shower so I imagine they are all nice.

How is the exec. lounge?
4 choices of wine at happy hour along with a nice selection of food. We had a big lunch one day and made a dinner of the appetizers and vegetables. Rotating traditional breakfast items and some fancier breakfast items were out each day. They had a chef to make omelets or eggs any style on Saturday and Sunday. I challenge you to keep an empty plate, cup or can out for over 5 minutes.

Also, as a prior poster mentioned Charles is, in fact, awesome.

Fruit. Twice since I had to do two reservations to attach the free night to the BOGO nights.

What was good?
For me the convenience to South Station was great. I like to use public transit when possible rather than renting a car. There is no fee inbound from the airport to get within two blocks of the hotel on the silver line bus.

What was bad?
More funny that bad:
My daughter wanted to do some make your own dessert event scheduled one day and the hotel forgot to set it up. They offered us dessert in the lobby by the bar and no one came to take the order. They asked for our room number and then didn't send anything up. Oh well. It was probably just frosting cookies, or a sundae bar. I mentioned it as odd, but not a big deal when the day manager, acting as a desk employee, swapped keys for me so I had club access and asked how it was going. That night we had a tray with 4 choices of desserts and sparkling wine in the room when we got back.

With the IHG CC night and the BOGO we had 3 nights at a great Boston hotel for the price of 3 nights in a good Boston hotel even if you factor in the ambassador fee and the credit card fee. If paying full price for a special event I'd consider it. I'd definitely do it again with a discounted nights.

Last edited by highops; Jul 26, 2015 at 9:34 pm Reason: spelling, grammar
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
IC Nairobi

Plat Ambassador

Yes Very happy

Booked a standard room which ended up being free due to IHG Best rate guarantee. Amazingly on arrival I was upgraded to a club floor room with lounge access

How are the rooms?
Very nice . Renovated with large bathrooms

How is the exec. lounge?
Really great ,good quality canapes .Standard spirit choice . Nice breakfast

Choice of 1000 points ,dinner buffet , local gift ,laundry discount, spa discount . Dinner buffet seemed the best value but had no time so took the points

What was good?
Amazing loyalty recognition . Over and above upgrades despite having the room on BRG . Nice renovated room

What was bad?
No bathmat in the bath was very lucky not to have a bad slip and fall but was documented and compensated .

As I didn't spend a penny it was unbelievably good value . However the outstanding service means I would return in a heartbeat .
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:07 pm

IC thalasso

IC Bora Bora Thalasso

The post is 5 months late for March '15 stay

----
Platinum Ambassador

Absolutely, how can I not.

Emerald OW bungalow. We specified the particular Emerald bungalow number that we wanted in the booking, and upon check in we were told the resort was fully booked (heard they mention the same thing to other party as well, include a large family of 8) so no available sapphire for upgrade. But they did have the exact bungalow that we specifically requested, which was a wonderful surprise.

How are the rooms?
All bungalows are identical, but differ in location. We enjoyed our OW bungalow very much even though it is the lowest category.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Only one restaurant was opened during our stay (Sand was closed for reno). So it get a bit tired for dinner menu. But other than that everything else was great. Service was excellent, and Ambassadors receive free waters. I know other couples that made a two hours trip in two just to get drinking water. While they replenish our drinking water whenever they clean the room and do turn down service.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Since we used the free nights for the stay, and they offer half price ($20 per person) for breakfast for ambassador members (otherwise breakfast is $40 per person). It made overall stay very good value compared to the other two OW bungalows resort in other islands(Tikehau & Moorea) we stayed in French Polynesia during that two weeks.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 19, 2015 at 7:25 am Reason: adding name of property to post instead of post title only
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by windonwaters
IC Bora Bora Thalasso

The post is 5 months late for March '15 stay

----
Platinum Ambassador

Absolutely, how can I not.

Emerald OW bungalow. We specified the particular Emerald bungalow number that we wanted in the booking, and upon check in we were told the resort was fully booked (heard they mention the same thing to other party as well, include a large family of 8) so no available sapphire for upgrade. But they did have the exact bungalow that we specifically requested, which was a wonderful surprise.

How are the rooms?
All bungalows are identical, but differ in location. We enjoyed our OW bungalow very much even though it is the lowest category.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Only one restaurant was opened during our stay (Sand was closed for reno). So it get a bit tired for dinner menu. But other than that everything else was great. Service was excellent, and Ambassadors receive free waters. I know other couples that made a two hours trip in two just to get drinking water. While they replenish our drinking water whenever they clean the room and do turn down service.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Since we used the free nights for the stay, and they offer half price ($20 per person) for breakfast for ambassador members (otherwise breakfast is $40 per person). It made overall stay very good value compared to the other two OW bungalows resort in other islands(Tikehau & Moorea) we stayed in French Polynesia during that two weeks.[/QUOTE]

so you didn't get an upgrade? ask for the difference in $$ between emerald and sapphire then.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Bali

Basic club, upgraded to Duplex suite

How are the rooms?
It was fine. A bit dark for my liking but we didn't really spend much time in the room anyway. The main thing is that the bed was comfortable Good size bathroom with separate toilet and shower. Harnn amenities which makes a nice change from the Agraria that IC's usually use. Coffee machine in room as well. Good size balcony with a couple of chairs and footstools if you wanted to sit outside, but the side of the building we were on meant only morning sun not afternoon... which could be a good thing depending on your view point.

How is the exec. lounge?
Lovely. Quite grand. Lovely staff, great service. And you can go for evening drinks at other areas of the hotel rather than just the club lounge.

Club was fantastic.
Breakfast at 5 locations (including in room)
Evening drinks at 3 locations
I enjoyed the inspiration space as a nice quiet space to get a coffee, and I borrowed a book that I had finished by the time I left. We also got a couple of dvd's to watch but never did. Quite a good selection. Staff in there very helpful at arranging a day trip with the hotel driver.
Spa was great and I thought very well priced
Club pool area was for the most part pleasant and relaxing. A few kids around but mostly well behaved. I would have escalated had it been a problem. Staff always available to help you find a seat.
All the food options in the hotel were excellent and again, I thought well priced for a hotel of this standard. Yes of course it is much dearer than eating down the road, but there's a hell of a lot of difference in your environment!
All of the staff you encountered during the day were friendly and happy.
The grounds are magnificent, so well maintained and we saw them at work on building maintenance most days in a very non obstructive and quiet way.
I've got nothing bad to say! This was the perfect spot to go and relax.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I thought it was good value and we would definitely return if we went to Bali again.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:34 pm

IC Monterey (Clement)

IC Monterey

Plat Ambassador now, Gold at the time of this stay

Yes Very Happy

Booked standard king, upgraded to one-bedroom suite with bay view

How are the rooms?
Excellent

How is the exec. lounge?
Not given access

A chocolate bar

Yes

What was good?
Very nice room, excellent bathroom, balcony with fantastic view

What was bad?
Restaurant isn't great

Yes, receiving mulitple-category room upgrade was a nice surprise.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Sep 5, 2015 at 11:52 pm Reason: adding name of property to post instead of title only
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:38 pm

IC San Francisco (SOMA)

IC San Fracisco (SoMa)

Plat Ambassador

Yes Very Happy

Booked junior suite, declined upgrade to one-bedroom suite and got free breakfast for two instead. Breakfast at this hotel is an enormous buffet which was well worth it, especially since the jr suite is a really nice room anyway.

How are the rooms?
Excellent - high floors have great views in this hotel

How is the exec. lounge?
Only got access due to the hotel botching multiple things during check-in - lounge is okay but on a low floor, and food items aren't great. Mostly used it for free drinks during the day.

Some coupons for stores in the mall across the street.

Yes

What was good?
I loved this room - it's a corner room with panoramic views of the San Francisco skyline, bay bridge, and bay.

What was bad?
Nothing - this is one of my favorite hotels I've ever stayed in. Restaurant is good too, but portions are tiny, so be prepared.

Yes, it's a top candidate for my AMBWeekend certificate next year.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Sep 5, 2015 at 11:54 pm Reason: adding name of property to post instead of title only
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:45 pm

IC Austin (Sephen F. Austin)

IC Austin

Plat Ambassador

Yes

Booked standard king, upgraded to one-bedroom suite.

How are the rooms?
Excellent, although the suite I was in had a weird area that almost looked like a kitchen... there was a sink and a bunch of empty cabinets, but nothing else. it took up 25% of the room, so kind of a lot of wasted space, but the rest of the room was very well laid-out.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not given access

A box of cookies and chocolates

Just one apple, and my water wasn't replenished each day. However, I called down to the desk, and they comped soft drinks from the minibar instead, so I can't complain.

What was good?
Overall a nice room for the money, especially with multi-category upgrade.

What was bad?
Late night room service was pretty gross. Also, no on demand movies, so you don't get a free one.

I stayed here on business and probably would again if the rate was low enough that my company would cover it. Nice to have ambassador benefits on a business trip, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again otherwise.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Sep 5, 2015 at 11:55 pm Reason: adding name of property to post instead of title only
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
IC Oporto Portugal

IC Oporto Portugal

Gold Ambassador

Lives up to the reputation of being one of the best IC-hotels, service good, friendly people fluent in Portugese, Spanish, English and Italian

junior suite (they have only 1 on the 4th floor), was emailed beforehand to be offered an upgrade to duplex suite but declined due being with a mobility impaired person, got a free drinks voucher to be used in bar/restaurant, welcome gift was tasty local dark chocolate

How are the rooms?
Junior suite has a big entrance hallway, bathroom with seperate toilet, bath, shower, dual sink and all amenities, living room is actually a seperate room with a french style balcony. Bedroom with desk and bed facing the windows. View on the back streets but with amazing lit up view of church and trainstation at night

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge availsble

Chocolate

Yes and it was replenished everyday

What was good?
Room was very clean, concierge very helpfull and had knowledge about funarery culture and sights, location on a main square close to sights, shopping and hoponhopoff tourbus. Restaurant Astoria has good breakfast spread and the famous eggtart, dinner was excellent; choice of port tasting by type and on a cart, was offered twice an amuse, good top up on water and drinks, bread freshly baked, food tasty and waitstaff attentive.

Cons:
- gym is small and in the basement without windows
- airconditiong inroom can't cope if it is really hot outside

Yes, pleasent surprise and lives upto reputation
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
IC Chicago

IC Chicago

Plat Ambassador

Yes

Booked two dbl beds Grand Tower, upgraded to Executive Tower corner, appears to have been a double upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Very nice, great views of the lake and Michigan Ave. Even got to see fireworks with a perfect view! The room was quite large, but not much furniture in one area so seemed like unused space, but still really enjoyed the very nice room.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge, but given two drink tickets instead (they said).

They brought up fruit and water after we checked in. I didn't notice anything else. I don't think that was the gift, but never got around to asking about it, and honestly since this was my first stay as Amb, I didn't even know what to ask for or expect. I see it varies a lot by hotel.
Oh, speaking of expect, should there be welcome points too, like at other than IC IHG hotels?

Eventually.

What was good?
Nice hotel in a great location, very nice room.

What was bad?
Valet parking is pricey! But then it is Chicago and valet is super convenient. Guess that's what you pay for.

I would. There are certainly lesser priced hotels on/by Michigan Ave, but I enjoyed my stay. Now if only I'd get the same type of room upgrade next time.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
IC Buenos Aires

Gold Ambassador

Yes

Booked Superior upgrade executive club level.

How are the rooms?
Style is older but quite fine

How is the exec. lounge?
Easy checkin and out, good food enough for breakfast and a light evening snack selection of wine and beer.

Free wine with any dinner during stay and complimentary pressing of two items of clothing.

Yes but fruit only on the first day, if I had asked I am sure they would accommodate the request

What was good?
Good central location so a 30 - 40 minute walk gets you to most central locations. Helpful staff.

What was bad?
Nothing really

Yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.