Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
I stayed there often as a Platinum Elite and would get a 1 level upgrade. I stayed there for the first time as a Spire last January and was upgraded to a gorgeous suite! It was only for one night, so I'm not sure if it was just availability, or if they really treat Spire members special.

I'm not sure if there is a lounge per se... I was told I could go to the rooftop bar (which is nice) and was allowed to order a few appetisers off the menu. I was brought a special menu. I can't recall what the deal was with drinks... maybe one or two free.

I see lots of people talk about getting notified of an upgrade before they even arrive; I've never had that happen to me.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Booked this property this Saturday for 40,000 IHG & $70. Going rate is $500+ tax. I think it’s a good deal.

Was already upgraded to “Crowne Privilege Room”- lounge access ?

spire ambassador here. Excited for my stay!
$500+ maybe the walk up rate. I think you can have it in the $300s for regular rooms.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by t_cliff
$500+ maybe the walk up rate. I think you can have it in the $300s for regular rooms.
this was the night before New Years, so Dec 30-31. Definitely was in the 500s
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Spire Benefits

We confirmed benefits via email prior to stay...
As a Spire elite member, you are eligible to enjoy the below Crowne Privileges from our hotel:

- Complimentary buffet breakfast for two guests at Kudos located on 1st floor from 6:30am to 10:30am

- Complimentary selected drinks and snacks at the rooftop poolside bar & lounge Club @28

- Dining discounts at Kudos and Club @28

- 24-hour in-room broadband and wireless internet access

- Complimentary outgoing local calls and local facsimiles

- Complimentary AT&T and toll free calls

- 15% discount on laundry, pressing and dry cleaning services (excluding express service)

* The above privileges cannot be used in conjunction with other offers
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:19 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sollymonster46
As a Spire elite member, you are eligible to enjoy the below Crowne Privileges from our hotel:

- Complimentary buffet breakfast for two guests at Kudos located on 1st floor from 6:30am to 10:30am

- Complimentary selected drinks and snacks at the rooftop poolside bar & lounge Club @28

- 15% discount on laundry, pressing and dry cleaning services (excluding express service)

Same benefits for a 12/30 - 1/1/19 stay. This is always a solid property for me. Very satisfied with my treatment as a Spire.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Excellent Evening "Snacks"

The evening "snacks" we way more substantial that expected. It is basically an appetizer menu with 10-12 items that you can order as much as you want from. Also a nice selection of drinks prepared and served by the bar.
Gongzuokuang likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Taking a punt on free lounge access for next year with 2 nights on points. We will arrive too late on the first night to take advantage anyway, fingers crossed for the second.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by Sollymonster46

Are these privileges also applied for reward nights as a Spire elite member?
Old May 17, 2020, 3:09 am

Does anyone have any “recent” experiences of the lounge offering at this hotel? I’m only a gold so not expecting any comp benefits, just interested to know what the offering was, pre-covid at least.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:05 am

Is the hotel currently closed?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by 336
Is the hotel currently closed?
Not exactly- it is currently being used as a quarantine hotel for inbound travelers and is only taking quarantine bookings, through July 31, 2022 (likely to be extended).
Old Aug 11, 2023, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Thought I'd give an update about a recent stay here. Even though in the decade pre-Covid, I spent hundreds of nights in HK, the CP has never been one of my main hotels. I remember from occasional stays that it was quite good in terms of hardware, although as IHG Spire (and before that: PC Platinum), I don't recall any spectacular upgrades or benefits.

On last week's stay, I was given an upgrade to a high-floor racecourse view room. Rooms are large and furniture is still in decent shape, although of course this is no longer a new hotel. Pleasant view, although I would have preferred a corner room.

As Diamond with lounge pass, was invited to the happy hour on the 28th floor. I don't know if this formally counts as a club lounge. It's a separate section of the rooftop bar with a fairly decent drinks and small plates menu. You can either sit inside, which is air-conditioned to no more than 16C/61F or outside in the steaming heat (with a very pleasant view); I alternated. Breakfast is offered in the restaurant on the 1st floor, decent buffet of hot and cold items, egg and soup station with a chef. Quite decent in terms of food, although the space around the buffets is rather cramped. Wouldn't hesitate to return, and in fact already locked in a couple stays at very reasonable points rates of 31-33k per night (which comes to the low-20k's with Chase 4th night free and 10% redemption discount; about US$100 a night when buying points at .5cpp -- really nice value).

minz56, FLYGVA, dw and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 9:48 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Interestingly, pre-COVID the “club” privileges used to be granted to all Spire members. I’m wondering if now Diamonds without the annual lounge pass are now only granted breakfast (if they choose that as their welcome amenity).
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Interestingly, pre-COVID the “club” privileges used to be granted to all Spire members. I’m wondering if now Diamonds without the annual lounge pass are now only granted breakfast (if they choose that as their welcome amenity).
They never really had a club. They have generally had a special menu on Club 29, or whatever it is they call the top floor bar. There is a special menu and you can choose a few appetizers. You also get some complimentary drinks.

Personally, I like that alot. It's not so sterile and stuffy as most IC lounges. Beautiful views. Waitstaff is generally friendly. One night I went with four guests and they comp'ed food and drinks for everyone during the Diamond Happy Hour.

I was just there in April; very satisfied.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:27 am
formerly rt23456p

IC at Tsim Sha Tsui is cheaper than this by 500 HKD, any comparison of the two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.