Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: FT
recently stayed at this property.

loved it. for a city where space is at a premium, the rooms were huge. the $945HKG with the IGH FNF made it all the better. was in a king room on the 18th floor.

the pool was great and my child loved it...it certainly helped cool you down.

great views from our room of the races...decided it was better to be at the track though than watching from far...i highly advise this option. we were upgraded to this room without any status...although I am a Priority Club card holder...

loved that i could put my iphone into the docking station and play the video's loaded for my child and finally, a hotel with some nice wine glasses....you can load up at the many wine stores in the area.

the high internet charge is just silly but this is not unique to this property and the staff could have a little better input as to restaurants in the area. we could not see any dedicated concierge which was also a minus.

all in all, a great property in Causeway Bay.^
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:33 am
alc

Service Charge on Reward Stay

The following line toward the end of a reward reservation:

Service Charge: 10% per night not included in rate

My question is what will this 10% will be base on when I am using my points?

I called Ambassdor line and they said it will be 10% of Best Flexible Rate.

Seed info for all of you who had stay at CP HK on reward before.

Thanks,

alc
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:11 pm

Crowne Plaza Hong Kong

Will be there next week on points, normal points not pointbreakers. Will we have a chance to score an upgrade? What's the hotel's e-mail address?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:14 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Will be there next week on points, normal points not pointbreakers. Will we have a chance to score an upgrade? What's the hotel's e-mail address?
Is this for the Causeway Bay? Probably none. I stayed here early in the year using points and being Platinum RA I received nothing. That being said the hotel is very nice on its own so I wouldn't be too disappointed if you don't get any upgrades. BTW, using points is still using points. Shouldn't be receiving anything different between using normal points or points break.

EDIT: Forgot the email [email protected]
Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Comet21
Is this for the Causeway Bay? Probably none. I stayed here early in the year using points and being Platinum RA I received nothing. That being said the hotel is very nice on its own so I wouldn't be too disappointed if you don't get any upgrades. BTW, using points is still using points. Shouldn't be receiving anything different between using normal points or points break.

EDIT: Forgot the email [email protected]
Indeed, it's the Causeway location. Thanks for the e-mail address.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:27 pm

E-mailed the Hotel and was told that I will be upgraded from "superior room" to the next category even on points and Internet would be available in the room at no charge. So, not bad at all!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Good to hear that they're offering something extra. I really like the location and would choose this property if I am using points to stay in HK.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Comet21
Good to hear that they're offering something extra. I really like the location and would choose this property if I am using points to stay in HK.
May I inquire how you got there from the airport? Taking the bus or the train?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 1:15 pm
alc

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
May I inquire how you got there from the airport? Taking the bus or the train?
MTR (Subway) will be cheap and easy.... unless you want door-to-door, then take TAXI.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: EBG, PC-g
Originally Posted by alc
MTR (Subway) will be cheap and easy.... unless you want door-to-door, then take TAXI.
AirportExpress to Hongkong-station 100HK$ (roundtrip 180$), then MTR to Causeway Bay station, up on the ground from Times Square (turn left) and walk some 300 metres to find hotel. IF you do not have big luggage i do prefer to take Tram (for 2HK$) all the way from HK station instead of MTR which is taking you as near as 20 metres from hotel door ^ There is a lot of walking underground at Causeway Bay -station.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:46 pm

Anyone stayed here recently? What kinds of upgrades was offered for Priority Club members? Heard you would get Wifi & Wired internet in your room for free. What about Ambassador upgrades? Anything?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mealto
Anyone stayed here recently? What kinds of upgrades was offered for Priority Club members? Heard you would get Wifi & Wired internet in your room for free. What about Ambassador upgrades? Anything?
I stayed here in August for three nights (two paid, one points). I did not ask about an upgrade on check-in, though I admit I probably should have done so as a PC Platinum, and so I got what I booked (a Superior Room). I was not charged for internet. I also was not charged the 10% service charge for the night I used points.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:37 pm

Just returned from 4 night stay on points. I was told that I got upgraded, although I can't know for sure. Was on the 17th floor, King size room, huge size for Hong Kong standards, bathroom with tub and separate shower. Shower had a glass enclosure, so one could enjoy the view while taking a shower. We did not have the racetrack view, no big deal. Internet was free for PEs. We did not have to pay the service charge. There is a Wellcome supermarket just across the street, if someone wanted to get a bottle of wine or some beer. Overall a wonderful experience and I highly recommend this hotel.
P.S. While we went to the subway station, we noticed the HIX opposite the Times Square shopping mall. Didn't go inside, but hotel looked attractive from the outside. Nice location.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:19 am

Just wanted to add, that although I was there on points, upon check in I was presented with an offer to upgrade for HKD 400.00 ( about $ 50.00 ) per night, per room. This would have given us a room at a higher floor ( than 17th ), view to Happy Valley race track, daily buffet breakfast, nightly drinks at the club lounge and a couple of other items, which I forgot. We decided not to take advantage of this offer, but certainly appreciated the hotel's consideration.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:25 pm

Excellent location, and probably nice views too.

Anyone tried their dining outlets yet? How are they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.