IC Amstel Amsterdam Master Thread [merged]

Old Aug 15, 10, 1:16 am

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Originally Posted by Sohan View Post
I don't know if I got an upgrade or not.
Why don't you call the reception and ask them!?

PS: is it a stay on points?
Originally Posted by Sohan View Post

Multiple lights aren't working and blown. Won't be staying here again.
Old Aug 15, 10, 4:42 am

Nah, paid stay. Missed a flight home, and Hotel Amrath <3 was sold out
Old Aug 23, 10, 9:58 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Hi all,

I would appreciate some help please! I don't usually take my car into Amsterdam, but I will need it there this weekend. I noticed that the hotel charges Ä60 per day, so, I would ideally like to avoid this.

I will be arriving Friday, leaving Monday. But I will be away with the car from about 8am Sunday until approx. 8pm Sunday evening. What would be the best way to park? Are there any reasonable car parks within walking distance of the hotel? Or, should I buy the Day & Night tickets for Ä39.60 per day?

Also, on an unrelated note, I will be using my BOGOF voucher. I was wondering.....using the voucher, do I still get complimentary minibar and free movie?

TIA
Old Aug 23, 10, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Shantanu View Post
Also, on an unrelated note, I will be using my BOGOF voucher. I was wondering.....using the voucher, do I still get complimentary minibar and free movie?

TIA
I can't help you out with the car parking issue but can confirm that you will still receive minibar and movie when using a BOGO voucher.
Old Aug 23, 10, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Here is what I think is the nearest lot. http://www.parkeren.nu/

I would call them to get a rate. It seems to be different for weekends so it depends on what day you will be there. But in general, any kind of parking in Amsterdam is expensive.
Old Aug 24, 10, 3:02 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by TEX277 View Post
I can't help you out with the car parking issue but can confirm that you will still receive minibar and movie when using a BOGO voucher.
Thanks for that! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post

I would call them to get a rate. It seems to be different for weekends so it depends on what day you will be there. But in general, any kind of parking in Amsterdam is expensive.
That is wonderful....thank you! I will give them a call today. I did loads of searches but never came across that one....it is much appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 11, 7:44 am

According to google translate, unfortunately this is a contract only lot, ie no short term parking. here

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Old Feb 24, 11, 10:00 am

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Staying here in April on a mixed paid (f and f rate if it makes a difference) and points stay. Was there ever any resolution about what's free in the minibar?

When I emailed to ask about an upgrade she mentioned (note: i did not prompt) that minibar is free, excluding alcoholic drinks.

Also, anyone know if they upgrade to the Penthouse Suite (if Junior Suite is booked) or from the Penthouse (if that's booked) to the Royal? She was slightly vague in the email ("we upgrade RAs based on availability"), and I don't want to push too much, and have her write notes in my profile. Anyone know the differences between Junior, Penthouse, and Executive Suites? They are all price similarly.
Old Feb 24, 11, 12:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by THE soni View Post
Staying here in April on a mixed paid (f and f rate if it makes a difference) and points stay. Was there ever any resolution about what's free in the minibar?

When I emailed to ask about an upgrade she mentioned (note: i did not prompt) that minibar is free, excluding alcoholic drinks.

I received a letter confirming things when I stayed a week or so ago. Everything in the fridge is included (snacks, soft drinks, beer, white wine); the full bar (i.e. spirits, etc) is not.
Old Feb 26, 11, 5:05 am

Just come back from here. Had a lovey time had a celebration when we was there and they give us champagne and a Amstel Pur dark chocolate mousse adorned with gold leaf

Paul
Old Mar 10, 11, 9:59 am

Programs: Sky Miles Gold Medallion, American Airlines Platnium, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by davidw70 View Post
I received a letter confirming things when I stayed a week or so ago. Everything in the fridge is included (snacks, soft drinks, beer, white wine); the full bar (i.e. spirits, etc) is not.
Was your stay a week ago on points or paid? If it was a paid stay, they no longer offer the full bar to RAs? If there is no hard alcholol in the fridge is this against the policy, are we really getting a free mini bar in that instance when every other IC property has hard booze in the mini bar?
Old Mar 10, 11, 9:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA, DL Dia, Hertz 5Star
Fridge is free - bar on top is not

My wife and I spent 5 nights here over Christmas on points. As an RA the upgrade was to a corner suite facing the Amstel River. Everything in the fridge was complimentary as was the movie. We also received daily gifts of Delftware. As the bar consists of 375 ml bottles and given that some fellow RAs in the past abused the privilege by carting the bar home in their suitcases, liquor is no longer gratis.
Old Mar 11, 11, 1:30 am

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Originally Posted by jonecasey View Post
Was your stay a week ago on points or paid? If it was a paid stay, they no longer offer the full bar to RAs? If there is no hard alcholol in the fridge is this against the policy, are we really getting a free mini bar in that instance when every other IC property has hard booze in the mini bar?
T&C state: Complimentary beverages from the mini bar in the Royal Ambassadorís personal room only, and for in-room consumption by member only (benefit excludes non beverage items). Void where prohibited by law.

Doesn't state if there SHOULD be hard liquor in the minibar.
Shame this is happening btw, what I heard the Amstel had the most amazing minibar
Old Mar 15, 11, 9:15 am

Programs: Sky Miles Gold Medallion, American Airlines Platnium, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by hunkster View Post
T&C state: Complimentary beverages from the mini bar in the Royal Ambassadorís personal room only, and for in-room consumption by member only (benefit excludes non beverage items). Void where prohibited by law.

Doesn't state if there SHOULD be hard liquor in the minibar.
Shame this is happening btw, what I heard the Amstel had the most amazing minibar
Has anyone stayed at the AMSTEL recently on a paid stay rather than a points stay and if so was the liquor still no included? I will be staying at the AMSTEL in about 2 weeks on a paid stay and can report at that time but was hoping to enjoy the best IC minibar .....
Old Apr 9, 11, 2:40 pm

Pictures and trip report

Some pictures and a trip report can be found on my blog:

http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....am-amstel.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: