Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Executive suite river view # 402

Some observations of this suite
  • room is in the southwestcorner of the building on the fourth floor
  • location is next to the fire exit and stairs
  • it has a connecting door
  • it faces sunset
  • quiet airconditioning can cope with the hot summer weather
  • livingroom is separated from bedroom by sliding doors
  • livingroom has a small closet for coats and jackets
  • floor is slightly raised so slightly impairs angle of the windows
  • from the bed one can see the river
  • all windows can be fully opened
  • there is a minibar, illy coffee machine and a kettle
  • bedroom also has a closet with safe
  • an extra TV pops out near the footend of the bed
  • additional storage space is provided by a sidetable with drawers
  • bathroom has a seperate shower, bath, toilet and heated towel rack
  • provided amenities are cotton pads, balls, vanity kit, shower cap and mouth wash
  • Anne Semonin's shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap
  • Slippers, shoeshine and bathrobes are available

Living room

Bedroom

Living room

Bedroom

Illy coffee machine & kettle

Laundry pricelist

Extra closet

Bathroom

Heated towelrack

View from the 4th floor

Living room

Amenities

Floorplan

Lower incline windows

Rising tv at bed
jongesander likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 7, 2020 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Some additional information:
  • Complimentary Evian waters are placed in room as ambassador amenity
  • Housekeeping and turndown is upon request but preffered times are usually reconfimed at checkin
  • I've asked the manageres about roomservice, it is available and the choices are the same for breakfast, lunch and dinner as served as in the Amstel restaurant
  • An adapted version of night inroom dining is available from 10.00 pm - 07.00 am (see menu below)
  • minibar is restocked for all rooms
  • hotel is still focused on covid19 hygiene, it is compliant with RIVM & GGD source and contact protocol and there are still handsanitizers everywhere
  • due to the extreme summer heat, the doormen so kindly offered us a bottle of water for on the go
  • All staff are still friendly and engaging even with the hot weather heatwave
  • When a guest has vacated the room upon checkout, the room is deepcleaned and out of room inventory for 48 hours
  • prior to checkin, i'd mailed reservations to put a bundle of roses in the room for our surprise guests, this was executed to great delight and satisfaction
  • a last minute dietary request was able to be accommodated at afternoon tea service, kudos for the fast response

Minibar

Alcoholic display

Cleaning and hygiene seal

Minibar price list

Nighttime 22.00 - 07.000 - Inroom dining menu

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 9, 2020 at 5:24 am
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:28 am

Summer bar menu at Amstel terrace 2020

An updated drinkslist and barbites

Black tiger garnalen, teriyaki, mango relish

Drinkslist

Barbites

Angus beef mini-burgers & bitterballen by Holtkamp

Nacho plate
FLYGVA and Sisosig like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 8, 2020 at 10:36 pm
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:27 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Thanks for the update👍
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:45 pm

Executive room city view #407

Some details about this room:
  • faces the square and sunrise
  • has a connecting door
  • on the fourth floor
  • although on the top floor, the airconditioning can cope with the extreme summer heat
  • comes with closet space
  • has a spacious bathroom with a shower with natural daylight behind matte glass
  • bedroom is very spacious, easily fitting and extra bed
  • amenities are of Anne Semonin
  • there's an Illey coffeemachine and kettle

Entrance hallway with storage closet and safe inside

Floorplan

Bathtub and shower with natural daylight behind matte glass

Toilet and sink

Bed

Bedroom

Bedroom
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 16, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:31 am

Thumbs up Royal suite #101

Most grateful and with amazement hereby my observations:
  • Comprises of an entrance vestibule, livingroom with dining annex, a pantry, an extra toilet, a closet antechamber, bedroom, dressing room and bathroom
  • Has a grand two-door entrance
  • Location is on the first floor in the south-east&west corners of the building next to the fire-exit
  • Facing west with views of the sunset and the river is the living room with dinning annex
  • Facing south with views of the canal, bridge and river is the bathroom, dressingroom, bedroom
  • Facing east is the shower which has natural daylight through a matte glass screen
  • Has from the main hallway 3 entrance doors in total; 1) via the main double doors, 2) via the pantry, 3) via an unmarked door
  • Has a connecting door and can be combined with another room
  • It is well insulated and there is no noise from outside
  • Artistic inspiration comes by a fine collection of paintings, sketches, prints, statues and porcelain delftware for decoration
  • Floor is in a wooden herringbone pattern
  • There are 4 silent airconditioning units so it feels cool in every room without the noise
  • The windows are fitted with bulletproof glass (found this bit of info on the hotel's website under room info)
  • The suite's entrance vestibule is spacious and elegantly decorated, it can easily serve as a designated waiting area for an audience
  • The extra toilet is seperate but part of the entrance vestibule
  • The living room is airy and fits easily a wide sofa and four chairs
  • From the living room one may acces a private balcony
  • The writing desk is placed with views of the river
  • The dining annex has a big table for 6 guests and a door to the small pantry which in turn has a direct connection to the hallway, also the dining table can be extended to seat more
  • The pantry hosts a big fridge with freezer, microwave, illy coffeemachine, kettle and sink with counter space
  • When requested for inroom dining pleasure, direct service from the pantry is possible
  • The closet antechamber forms the connection between the entrance vestibule and the bedroom, the connecting room and the extra entrance to the outer hallway
  • It features full length mirrors and storage space for very large objects
  • The bedroom comes with a four poster canopied bed with views of the river and canal, it has comfortable carpeting
  • At the footend of the bed, there is a small cabinet from which a TV rises
  • There is even extra space to fit a sofa and armchair facing an extra TV
  • The powder room connects the bedroom with the bathroom
  • It features a classic make up table with seat
  • The closet here has drawers and enough space to hang up clothes
  • The bathroom has natural light through matte glass windows
  • It has a seperate toilet with a bidet
  • Bathroom has gold trimmings
  • The bathtub is in its own alcove
  • The shower cubicle is very spacious and also has natural light through matte windows
  • For completion there is even a table with armchair, a scale and a make up mirror
  • Toiletries are of Anne Semonin (shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap)
  • Other amenities are a loofa, cottonballs, vanity kit, mint flavoured mouthwash, tissues, cottonpads and showercap

After checkin, a follow up courtesy call was placed from reception to us with the question is the suite to your liking?

Looking at the special wooden engraved key card i pondered.....

My answer was: " I now know how QE2, Mick, George and Brad must have enjoyed the Amstel views in sheer bliss and with a comfortable cozy (gezellig) feeling! "

Entrance vestibule facing closet antechamber

Entrance vestibule with extra seperate toilet

Enough space to function as an audience waiting room

Closet antechamer with left the connecting door and an extra unmarked door to the outer hallway

Canopy bed : note the small white box in front of it hosts a rising extra TV!

Bedroom with spacious extra seating area

Dressing room

Bathroom with natural light

Shower cubicle with finishings in gold

Bathroom with ample space

Bathroom invites for pampering

Toilet and bidet

Dressingroom looking towards bedroom

Dressingroom closet with safe and drawers

Royal suite is wraparound on level 1 - you can spot it where the balcony juts out of the building

Extra unmarked door to the suite from the outer hallway - left is the connecting room which can be used by aides, attaches, security or personal domestic staff

Double main entrance doors

Tasteful special keycard of engraving on wood

Pantry fridge functioning as minibar - sorry you got to see our fruit purchases in it too

Tea by dammann freres - see their site https://www.dammann.fr/en/

Pantry with sink and microwave, it has a door leading directly to the outer hallway

Alcoholic set up part of minibar

Annex for dining - pantry is to the right

Work desk with river views next to balcony doors

Sitting area facing the river and canal

Overview - looking north and west

Overview looking south - doors can be closed to provide privacy from entrance vestibule and the extra toilet

Extra seperate toilet

Floorplan of level 1 - note that the royal suite is wraparound at the south end of the building

Risen TV from footend of the bed

View to the west during a thunderstorm from the livingroom

View to the south from the living room
FLYGVA and jongesander like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 19, 2020 at 1:54 am Reason: Spelling mistakes due to the bedazzeling effect of the Royal Suite
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by B42
Thanks for the update👍
Most welcome! I havn't had time to try out inroom dining yet but i think it is great to have it offered again.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:07 am

As per request a floorplan of the royal suite

For those interested, i have drawn the floorplan of the royal suite.
As you know it can be combined with a connecting room.
Please forgive my scribbles!

Floorplan Royal Suite
Sisosig, 336 and Wolfram Heerlen like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 19, 2020 at 1:53 am Reason: Slightly better quality drawing
Old Aug 18, 2020, 12:44 am

Some extra observations during this stay:
  • The barman can make special cocktails and drinks upon request, he knows some nifty drinks!
  • The presidential suite is actually a combination of an executive room river view, a junior suite river view and an executive suite river view, forming together a 3 bedroom suite with each private ensuite
  • The Dom Perignon Champagne suite comprises of a bedroom, diningroom and livingroom/office space. It has two full bathrooms and two seperate entrances
  • The signature scent of the hotel is called " Fig Lavender Mimosa "
  • The hotel can be reached by trams 1 4 7 19 24 from stop " halte Frederiksplein" then a 5 minute walk over the bridge (see below for the network map with hotel location marked by a cross) or by metro at stop Weesperplein

Special mention of the following persons which make a stay at this hotel great and make me loyal and keep this my preffered choice when in Amsterdam
  • Miss Esmée, assisted in lastminute adjusting the afternoon tea offering into a sugarless version for my guest, she also a knack for knowing hotel specific product knowledge
  • Miss Lisa, friendly every morning at breakfast and always seems to remember guest preferences with a capacity even to remember the very complex orders
  • Miss Femke, miss Martina, miss Ayla, delightful at breakfast by providing watchful topups of coffees and waters AND remembering large party customized breakfast orders
  • Mr. Dennis, assisted in providing an inside link as where and how to purchase a specialty tea as he noticed we were entranced by a specific blend of the Damann Frères tea
  • Miss Katie and Mr. Mark providing pleasant, with accurate attention a very patient checkin (silly me: due to covid19 travel restrictions i had lowered my credit because of nontravel which caused me to max funds, fortunately they assisted in going from credit to debit)
  • Mr. Floris from reception, explaining to great length to new guest arrivals about the hotel's facilities and corona proticols
  • Mr Tim, for helping us get additional timeslots for use at the welness centre and swimmingpool
  • Mr. Jason, for inquiring how our stay went and how they could improve it whilest we were still staying there
  • Miss Nazha, friendly and always full of interest concerning RA-matters
  • Miss Pascale, bright and cheery and onhands with helping with additional requests
  • Mr Frank of reservations, with every emailcontact manages our expectations for our preferences for specific room requirements
  • Miss Marieke from afternoon tea service, very engaging but also smart in managing contigency, she had set up double tables outside of the terrace and inside the conservatory. We enjoyed afternoon tea outside when suddenly torrential rain, hail, thunder caught us by surprise, she managed to continue afternoon service inside without a snag
  • Mr Ronald, enthusiastic gérant of the restaurant
  • Mr Marcos, experienced house photograper who can provide courtesy HD quality momento photos
  • Miss Elisabeth, for offering the posibility of customizing future long stay adaptations
  • Housekeeping lady of turndown from the Philipinnes, friendly and proactively helping out with extra towels
  • The entire staff of congierges and doorstaff, everytime a friendly familiair warm welcome, helpful in assisting with luggage, providing inside knowledge, adhering to covid-19 hygiene contact protocol by assisting those entering the hotel and ushering them first to the desinfecting handgel and then onwards
The new extended menu for lunch:
  • Dinner menu features the same dishes
  • Dinner features also the option of the "menu du jour" at 3-course €49 and 4-course €65

Lunch menu

Tram network map with IC AMS location (cross) - it is served by trams 1 4 7 19 24 at stop " halte Frederiksplein" - a 5 minute walk over the bridge * you can use the metro at Weesperplein

Location of tramstops at Frederiksplein (to the hotel - walk right on Weteringschans over the bridge to Sarphatistraat
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 19, 2020 at 8:52 am
Old Aug 21, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
@HadesNL

Do you now live in this hotel?

Either way, you are a true Ambassador!

Based on your propaganda reviews I decided to visit, and can now understand the value. It’s a wonderful hotel.

I got a huge room with windows to the Amstel on floor 4.

Disappointing was that the views of the river were through two small windows. No way two people could sit together and appreciate the view.

Positive was the breakfast down on the river - you have posted pics already. A wonderful wonderful start to the day!

Also the staff in general as you point out.

Plus the hotel -branded facemask and hand spray. Impressive!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by DonPedro
@HadesNL

Do you now live in this hotel? !
Let's just say that due to covid19, any foreign destination is impossible to visit for me, business is a bit on a slump.
So as a way of staycation in Amsterdam i decided to take all my breaks at the IC Ams to compare it with the W Amsterdam.
Then i thought it would be interesting to at least showcase the different types of rooms to Flyertalk as a means of armchair travelling!

- about your room: you can ask the next time what prefference you have and i think they will be able to accomodate your choice.
Best is to email reservations and mention you prefer the best view over a bigger room so that they can allocate the right one for you.

Am glad you liked your stay, it is great knowing a fellow RA can appreciate the place and that the hotel exceeds your expectations! The service is indeed second to none when it comes to Dutch hospitality.

I'm due to stay during the festive season there so i'll report back to keep you informed.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 19, 2020 at 8:50 am
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:22 am

Executive suite riverview #202

Some observations about this room:
- located on level 2
- at the end of the hallway, next to the fire exit
- has a connecting door with executive room river view #204
- faces south from the living room and west from the bedroom, has views of the river and the canal
- the desk, the sofa all face the river and is great to see the sunset
- amenities are of Anne Semonin
- the toilet has a hygiene stick

Here are the pictures:

Floorplan

Entrance hall with drawer space

Connecting door with room #204

Desk area and minibar area

Living room

Bedroom

Seperate shower and toilet

Bathtub

View from the bedroom

View of the living room and desk

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 16, 2020 at 11:59 am
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:36 am

Executive room river view # 204

Some observations of this room:
- has a connecting door with executive suite river view # 204, making it in combination a two bedroom suite
- located on level 2
- faces the west, sunset
- entrance has a storage closet
- amenities are of Agaria
- toilet has a hygiene stick
- when in bed you still have got great views, ideally for the romantic inclined !

(Left) Entrance from the outer hallway (Right) Connecting door to the executive suite

Bed has river views

Floorplan

Closet space next to the door

Bathroom - shower

Bathroom - tub and toilet

Coffee machine "Illy" and water kettle

The Agaria toiletries

view from the room

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 16, 2020 at 2:17 pm
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:58 am

Junior suite river view #312

Because our trip to BKK was cancelled (LX still flew but we as tourists couldn't enter the Kingdom), we had an extended stay at the hotel.

- located on level 3 next to the fire exit at the end of the hallway
- it faces south
- there is ample space to put in an extra bed
- the bed has great views of the river
- they've put in a new sofa, a bit on the soft side
- amenities are of Anne Semonin
- the toilet does not have a hygiene stick

Junior suite - very spacious as it easily holds an extra bed

View from the other side - enough space for an extra bed

Entrance hall

Floorplan

Bathroom

Toilet - note it hasn't got a hygiene stick

Illy coffee maker and water kettle

Alcoholic beverages are available again

Mini bar contents

View from the room looking south: there is always something to see!

Facing the building looking north, The junior suite is on level 3

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 16, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:43 pm

Executive room city view #317

- located on the third floor
- faces east and sunrise
- has a great view of the square (so you can see the celebrities come driving in)
- has a stocked minibar, an illy coffee maker and a water kettle
- amenities are by Agaria
- seperate toilet, shower and bathtub
- bathrobes and slippers are inroom

Enough storage in this room Closet and drawer space (Left) minibar and safe

King bed

Entrance hall with ambassador welcome amenity of stroopwafels and strawberries

Floorplan

Bathroom - seperate shower & toilet & bath

Bathroom - sink area with towel rack and bathrobes

View from the room on front square and hotel driveway

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 16, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.