Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by HadesNL
I have read your post, indeed if travelling alone executive suite city view would be more then enough. But for my otherhalf it is imperative to have canal view. At least by booking jr i would get the canal view instead of just city view.

I'll hope RA would at least include the non-alcholoic drinks in the minibar.
last visit minibar contained water, some juices, sodas, 2 bottle beer, 375ml white wine in fridge, 375ml red wine on counter and can all be consumed.

Spirits are in half bottles outside of minibar/fridge and are excluded
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Spirits are in half bottles outside of minibar/fridge and are excluded
Unlike the good ol' days... :-(
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:09 am

"Club Life Experience" at the Amstel

From the hotel, 105 per night per room:

We do indeed have a 'Club Life Experience'. This is a test from IHG to offer our guests a Club Life Experience without a physical lounge. And our hotel takes part in this. the Club Life Experience includes the following benefits;

• Full breakfast in our La Rive restaurant between 07:00 hrs and 10:30 hrs on week days and between 07:00 hrs and 11:00 hrs on weekends.
• Afternoon tea, with freshly-made sweet and savoury treats paired with a discerning range of premium tea blends. Choose to have Afternoon tea between 15:00 - 17:00 hrs in our Amstel Lounge or served to your room.
• Aperitifs including premium and sparkling wines, beer and spirits, plus a carefully selected range of Canapés prepared by our Chef, between 18:00 - 20:00 hrs, in the A Bar
• Refreshments (hot drinks) during the day in the Amstel Lounge
• Pressing of two items of clothing during your stay
• Complimentary local telephone calls from your room
• Complimentary Wi-Fi (for a maximum of five devices)
• Priority Check-out, complimentary late check-out until 4pm upon availability
If you would like to book the Club Life Experience, please let us know. We would love to arrange that for you.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
interesting, though seems pricey on a solo stay.

Offhand I can quickly think of 2x other European ICs without lounge, that could fo something similar
a)IC Cannes
b)The second IC in Paris
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Zhaunk

We do indeed have a 'Club Life Experience'. This is a test from IHG to offer our guests a Club Life Experience without a physical lounge. And our hotel takes part in this. the Club Life Experience includes the following benefits;

• Full breakfast in our La Rive restaurant between 07:00 hrs and 10:30 hrs on week days and between 07:00 hrs and 11:00 hrs on weekends.
• Afternoon tea, with freshly-made sweet and savoury treats paired with a discerning range of premium tea blends. Choose to have Afternoon tea between 15:00 - 17:00 hrs in our Amstel Lounge or served to your room.
• Aperitifs including premium and sparkling wines, beer and spirits, plus a carefully selected range of Canapés prepared by our Chef, between 18:00 - 20:00 hrs, in the A Bar
If you would like to book the Club Life Experience, please let us know. We would love to arrange that for you.
I think that's a really good idea. Sounds like an experiment to determine whether a lounge would be successful. They're offering a lot there for €105. ^ Would that be free for RA under the new rules?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
@ above:
I saw a clubrate being posted aswell, but last year i visited IC AA there wasn't any clubfloor/lounge. Maybe a snafu or they provide free drinks in the blue bar? Anyone's guess is good.

I have booked as an RA spire a junior suite for the weekend after valentine, (corny) for our honeymoon though. Two days later a confirmed upgrade to executive suite riverview.

We are partaking in the hotel's offer of the private boat with lunch and their speciality restaurant.

Love the traditional dutch sweets jars in the lobby!
What's the cost of the boat trip with lunch? And is the lunch on the boat itself?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by Zhaunk

Sounds good, especually as breakfast at the Amstel is usually so expensive. I wonder if they will offer a discount for Amb as many ICs do for lounge access.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by scubaccr
interesting, though seems pricey on a solo stay.

Offhand I can quickly think of 2x other European ICs without lounge, that could fo something similar
a)IC Cannes
b)The second IC in Paris
Actually hotels that currently offer this service are Amstel, Marseille and Porto

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...bic-experience
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Actually hotels that currently offer this service are Amstel, Marseille and Porto

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...bic-experience
But is it Complimentary for RA?!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by turner32
But is it Complimentary for RA?!
Would be great
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:39 am

Would be great
I've emailed Amstel, Porto and Marseille about this. Will post their responses.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:52 am

Would be great
At Amstel, it's complimentary for RA on paid stays. Discounted on award stays - €84 for Friday and Saturday and €76 for all other days.

Last edited by turner32; Jan 20, 2017 at 8:11 am
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by turner32
At Amstel, it's complimentary for RA on paid stays. Discounted on award stays - €84 for Friday and Saturday and €76 for all other days.
Did they happen to mention if there is a discount for regular Amb?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by davrossuk
Did they happen to mention if there is a discount for regular Amb?
I emailed them back and discounted rate is the same for Ambassadors.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:16 am

At IC Porto..

We would like to confirm that the Club Lounge Experience is indeed complimentary for Royal Ambassadors! This package includes the following:

Full Breakfast - 07:00AM – 10.30AM (served at the Restaurant of the Hotel or in your room)
Afternoon Tea at Cardosas Bar with freshly-made sweet and savoury treat paired with a discerning range of premium tea blends - 03:00PM - 05.00PM (served at the Bar of the Hotel or in your room)
Aperitifs including premium and sparkling wines, beer and spirits, plus a carefully selected range of Canapés prepared by our Chef - 05:00PM to 07:00PM (served at the Bar of the Hotel)
Exclusive registration and departure area
Refreshments throughout the day – all day tea and coffee (served at the Bar of the Hotel)
Pressing of two items of clothing during your stay
Complimentary local telephone calls from your room
Complimentary Wi-Fi
Priority check-out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.