IC Amstel Amsterdam Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 15, 14, 4:58 am

Executive Suite with city view (RA upgrade): http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...ntalamsterdam/
Old Apr 14, 14, 9:21 am

Quick Question with the IC Amsterdam on a Stay April 22nd to 24th I am thinking about -> they say (online), there is no more free Rooms for Award Stays...Might that be correct? Or shall I call them?
Old Apr 14, 14, 10:14 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by blueeagle3 View Post
Quick Question with the IC Amsterdam on a Stay April 22nd to 24th I am thinking about -> they say (online), there is no more free Rooms for Award Stays...Might that be correct? Or shall I call them?
IC Amstel hotel has only has 78 rooms so the 5% of rooms required to be released to award nights is only 4 Award rooms per night and they go quickly, you need to book further ahead.

If someone releases an award (as points nights are flex bookings) at last minute, (eg by 4pm day before the stay) you may see one become available but you won't be the only one looking

Based on personal experience IC Amstel will not release extra nights into awards when low occupancy as their received award night fee from IHG is nowhere near the 525++ euro/night basic room cost when booking last minute rooms at the higher flex rates.

On occasion you can be lucky and buy award night on the day if award nights not already booked up, as I once extended my IC Amstel stay at 4pm booking an award night.

For April + May months only 3nights May 27/28/29 are showing for awards.
Old Apr 15, 14, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
IC Amstel hotel has only has 78 rooms so the 5% of rooms required to be released to award nights is only 4 Award rooms per night and they go quickly, you need to book further ahead.

For April + May months only 3nights May 27/28/29 are showing for awards.

Thanks for looking that up - and thanks for pointing out the few Rooms they have..

I will think about it again now..
Old Apr 15, 14, 7:15 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

No problem for me I stay at the new Andaz and like it much better ^
In particular the breakfast is outstanding the room standard the latest high quality design(though not for everyone)
The pricing too is way more preferable with complimentary mini bar to every guest no alcohol included though. Plenty of award rooms and cash and points
Sometimes they have buy two nights get the third night free
I think Amstel has some historical significance but not worth the hassle or the price.Its mostly tired resting on its past laurels with absurd pricing on everything.
Its certainly a nice hotel if one prefers old world luxury

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 16, 14 at 6:01 pm
Old Apr 16, 14, 2:26 pm

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
No problem for me I stay at Andaz and like it much better ^
Location of Andaz Amsterdam is great.
But I am not a big fan of Marcel Wanders' design.
If you are looking for a cool design hotel, Conservatorium by Piero LisSoni is certainly much better.
Old Apr 16, 14, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75 View Post
If you are looking for a cool design hotel, Conservatorium by Piero LisSoni is certainly much better.
And new Hilton Brand.Hotel. Waldorf opens 15th May just by Rembrandtplein

I booked for original opening august month, but opening date has come forward a few times. Might even be as early as 1st May by now?

(Not any good if poster for IC Amstel needs 22/23 april nights though)
Old Apr 16, 14, 6:03 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by nicolas75 View Post
I think aspects of his design were genius though a bit to animated
Thanks for the tip
Old Jun 17, 14, 5:48 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Whats the upgrade policy beyond Exec suites here?
Old Jun 17, 14, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474 View Post
I would be interested in this too for an upcoming stay.
Old Jun 17, 14, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474 View Post
The two Penthouse suites (middle of hotel, one City view, One river view) used to be priced the same as Exec Suites, but 9months or so ago I noticed a price differential. As such basic Exec rooms get Exec suite not the 2-floor Penthouse, although if you ask on checkin you might still get lucky on a 1night stay and allowed the Penthouse. .

City View Rooms are upgraded to city view rooms, river view rooms are upgraded to river view rooms. At aearly rates difference city v River view is 30euro, but increase to 40/45 Euro for last minute flex bookings. If available you can offer the 30euro at checkin to move from City to River views.

The 4 corners of floors 2/3/4 have the Exec suites, floors 2+3 same, the 4th floor more quaint/intersting and all corner rooms are to me much preferrable to the Exec suites in the middlle of each floor.

Royal suite (first floor) would only be available/given as an upgrade if hotel sold out, and I suspect more than one RA stays each night t the Amstel so being RA will not guarantee RS even if hotel is fully booked ,
Old Jun 17, 14, 3:05 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
The two Penthouse suites (middle of hotel, one City view, One river view) used to be priced the same as Exec Suites, but 9months or so ago I noticed a price differential. As such basic Exec rooms get Exec suite not the 2-floor Penthouse, although if you ask on checkin you might still get lucky on a 1night stay and allowed the Penthouse. .

City View Rooms are upgraded to city view rooms, river view rooms are upgraded to river view rooms. At aearly rates difference city v River view is 30euro, but increase to 40/45 Euro for last minute flex bookings. If available you can offer the 30euro at checkin to move from City to River views.

The 4 corners of floors 2/3/4 have the Exec suites, floors 2+3 same, the 4th floor more quaint/intersting and all corner rooms are to me much preferrable to the Exec suites in the middlle of each floor.

Royal suite (first floor) would only be available/given as an upgrade if hotel sold out, and I suspect more than one RA stays each night t the Amstel so being RA will not guarantee RS even if hotel is fully booked ,
This is the response I received from them

"I would like to inform you that the Executive Suite River View is the highest room category in the ambassador upgrade program.

I would like to advice you to book a Junior Suite which, as per Royal Ambassador, would be upgraded to a Executive Suite River View."

Don't think anything other then the royal suite is exempt from the RA T&Cs though.
Old Jun 17, 14, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat

I have a junior suite reserved for an upcoming stay. Are you saying that I would get the same upgrade by booking into a cheaper room?
Old Jun 17, 14, 3:10 pm
Suspended
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles View Post
I have a junior suite reserved for an upcoming stay. Are you saying that I would get the same upgrade by booking into a cheaper room?
In my experience, yes. But you never know for sure with upgrades.
Old Jun 17, 14, 5:17 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I would be more interested in the Dom P suite over the Royal as it is much more modern.

I felt the Royal Suite was too classic for my taste. Sure it was huge for Amsterdam standards but the layout does waste a bit of the space in the vestibule.

I'm wondering if there are any plans to renovate this suite?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: