Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:40 pm

That's the townhouse suite. Quite like that room.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Petrus
That's the townhouse suite. Quite like that room.
The stairs are a pretty tight wind up/down and no lighting on them either. After the initial novelty, we pretty much just used the bedroom, leaving the downstairs room mostly unused.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tangey

The stairs are a pretty tight wind up/down and no lighting on them either. After the initial novelty, we pretty much just used the bedroom, leaving the downstairs room mostly unused.
Two suite versions at this same price point, one an upstairs+downstairs townhouse layout, the other on a single floor. ,

I am not into these 2floor duplexes, eg here at Miami, IC Amsterdam, Royal Suite Hilton Antwerp, and tend to just spend all my time in the lounge part where the large tv, sofas, dining area etc etc are. I'd take a smaller 1floor room-suite everytime
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Just made a reservation on points for next January and noticed that they re imposing a "hotel fee" of $25.00 on the reservation. Is this new? We stay here at least once per year, the last time on NYE and never noticed it before. See below.

The Hotel Service Fee is $25 per room, per night, taxes included in Service Fee. The following is included: -Premium Internet. -Access to Fitness Center open 24 hours. -Access to mySpa sauna, steam, drench shower and relaxation room. -Fitness Shorts, t-shirt, socks and shoes. -Two bottles of water per day. -Access to PressReader on your smart device featuring over 2,000 newspapers and magazines. -Poolside pampering, refreshments and suncare. -Turndown service upon request. -Black and white copying/printing. -In room premium Kuerig Coffee & Tea.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nickfromct
Just made a reservation on points for next January and noticed that they re imposing a "hotel fee" of $25.00 on the reservation. Is this new? We stay here at least once per year, the last time on NYE and never noticed it before. See below.

The Hotel Service Fee is $25 per room, per night, taxes included in Service Fee. The following is included: -Premium Internet. -Access to Fitness Center open 24 hours. -Access to mySpa sauna, steam, drench shower and relaxation room. -Fitness Shorts, t-shirt, socks and shoes. -Two bottles of water per day. -Access to PressReader on your smart device featuring over 2,000 newspapers and magazines. -Poolside pampering, refreshments and suncare. -Turndown service upon request. -Black and white copying/printing. -In room premium Kuerig Coffee & Tea.
nope not new

I stayed 8nights May2017 and was charged the 'con' type city/facility fee , was very put out, as nothing provided in fee descriptin other than what i shouldget foc as an IHG Elite.

Alas this inventive hotel facility/city fee per night is expanding right across the USA by all accounts, starting about 3years ago.

Also charged one at CP Z South Beach (award nights no fee) , but at least the CP provides an extra ... ie dedicated hotel area and loungers on the nearby Miami beach
Old May 18, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
We are a family (2A & 2C) and have booked a night at IC Miami in October with the free UK credit card night.

I am Spire, not Ambassador. Am I right in thinking I/We won't get lounge access? Currently booked in 2 Double City View.

If above is correct, can I call the hotel and pay extra to upgrade to a Club Intercontinental 2 Double City View which will give breakfast via the lounge?

Also, since booking, been looking at the CP SoBe Z hotel. What do you guys think is the best option?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I stayed at this hotel last week on points for 4 nights. Ambassador member. I was not charged the destination fee of $25 a day. Is this policy for this hotel or was I just lucky not get charged?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Stayed here last week. Award stay for 2 nights, which I then paid extra for lounge access $100+ tax a night.

Hotel was as i remembered from 5 years ago, mostly fur coat and no knickers. Lobby area is quite classy and a great expansive area. Check-in was medicore, with the desk agent having little knowledge of the lounge hrs, but then finally remembering to give me a card that had the info. Good size room on 22 floor looking into the bay/cruise ships, so likely an upgrade. But rooms are tired and look somewhat old fashion. No wall USB ports, one side had a port via a clock radio. Shower over the bath. Bathroom was big, but only 1 basin, and someone thought it was a great idea to put the wardrobe in the bathroom. Rooms were apparently updated in 2012, but either that was only some rooms or whoever did it then was fuddy duddy cause they look a lot older, and many of the images online show more modern rooms.

Exec lounge good but in terms of the lounge itself and the offering. 7-11 breakfast, 5-7 evening with various beers wines and 6-7 spirits, cheese meats and 3 hot offerings and some other bits. Rest of the day open for beverages and cookies/nuts.

outdoor pool is in a bit of a wind trap on the 4th floor, so quite blowy.

No resort fee for me either, so looks like the previous poster was not lucky and that it is policy. They failed to add the $20 amenity fee, until I asked them about it. THey honoured 4pm checkout. but in extending the keys, the keys lost their access to the lounge, and when I went back, there was no even a hint at an apology just a request to hand over the keys to reporgram them. Other than the fee, I was unware of any other amb recognition. The payment for the lounge access was classified as non-qualifying, so I got no points for that ?

It's in a good location if you you don't want to be on Miami Beach, so it has that in it's favour. Lobby and exec lounge are IC quality, but I don't consider the room to be. Couple of reception staff seemed disinterested.
ProjectSunburst likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:40 pm

Recent two night stay here.

As others previoisly suggested, the rooms are tired. Wallpaper is old and their room furnishings generally lack the IC style seen in IC Boston or Wharf DC. Shower Tub Combo only (not a fan), unless you snag a suite. Lobby is on point. That is where the investment ends. Afterwards, most common areas and rooms mirror that of an Airport Hyatt Regency or older Crowne Plaza.

- Breakfast is buffet style and the pasteries and cooked offferings are cheaper than a penny waiting for change. Similar quality to that of a Holiday Inn Express. Same breakfast available on Main Level is alao available in club lounge for those that have access.

For regular room types:
- Classic/Standard (Pool View Rooms or lower City View rooms which are overlooking US 1)

Deluxe/Premium:
Skyline View (View of Biscayne Blvd Northbound,
Bay View (Lower level room that face the port)
Ocean View Rooms (Higher Level rooms that are on the same side as the "Bay View" rooms).

- Front Desk agents were super ignorant about IHG One Rewards and subsequent benefits. I literally gave them a class on Diamond, Diamond Ambassador, Platinum Ambassador, Milestone Rewards and Guaranteed Ambassador benefits at check in. Almost embarrassing.

Hotel is decent for the price, point redemption opportunity and location, but if you want an elevated experience, probably would stay at the Kimpton Epic. Compared to the Kimpton Epic and the other IC in West Dade/Doral, the IC Miami Downtown would be the worse of the three full service IHG properties in Miami proper. Love the IC Doral (Club Lounge and Amenities are on point), but even that property is getting a little stale and the location sucks.

Last edited by ProjectSunburst; Jul 3, 2022 at 8:49 am
Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:22 pm

Stayed 3 nights here with two 40k free nights and 3rd night on points. Platinum, got upgraded to ocean view on 9th floor which was actually quite nice. Rooms are dated but appreciate the automatic blinds. Also interesting is the closets being located in the bathrooms, making the bathroom HUGE (which I actually appreciated). Noise cancellation is very good as well so we had restful sleep the entire time. I’m sure facing the ocean also helps.

Parking is valet only these days at $55 daily. They did mess up my bill and charged me two extra days of parking due to the fact that I had 3 separate resos (since ihg still doesn’t make it easy to simply apply FNAs to a reward booking). Emailed billing folks after charge posted and got it sorted the next business day.

Strangely I had to “check out” and check in to my following reso each time, which I don’t remember needing to do with two separate resos at other ihg properties except for refreshing the room cards. One attendant even assigned me the wrong room number when I needed to refresh the cards again so we needed to make multiple round trips. It was a bit frustrating.

Pool is outdoors and does get a bit chilly if you go in the afternoon during winter since the sun gets blocked by the tall buildings surrounding. They have a dj going, and it’s very loud music, so you can’t exactly relax. If you want to relax you can hop over to the steam room/sauna.

Did not use other amenities nor spend much time in the lobby.

Location is pretty good, walkable to Cviche105 one of my favorite Miami restaurants, and a longer stroll to Brickell. Lots of cruise-goers seem to stay here.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for updates everyone!
lC Miami holds a soft spot because at this hotel, reception + head congierge (Mr Eduardo) came all out and shook my hand to congratulate me on acquiring RA.
- those special sigars are still in my momento box and if have ticked my mother in law's hand everytime she wants to make a desperate pass at it....

The IC is indeed in an interesting location for cruiseship passengers, by car you are easily to the harbour to catch the boat.
The waterfront walk at the hotel is a nice place for a stroll.

But if going to Miami Beach one must always cross the west-east connecting bridges
And the downtown area is good for a quick hop/walk to the whole foods but at night it is a bit desolate

Remember that this hotel also had a clublounge, not as lavish as in EU/ASIA but you meet a lot of elderly folks whom you all bump into again at the bingo table on the Holland America ship
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
The hotel seems to be under renovation until June 2023. Some (not particularly helpful) pictures on their website of the new rooms:

https://www.icmiamihotel.com/renovations
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Miami Intercontinental

Here for one night pre-cruise on a credit card free night.

Upgraded to a bay view room a few days out. Check in was only OK. I have the 40 night lounge pass, but the receptionist did not include access. I had to show her a screen shot of my lounge pass to get it. Breakfast downstairs was included as a Diamond.

Room was nice and large. Needs a re-model. They are re-modeling rooms floor by floor. I heard no noise from this. Bathroom is quite large and nice.

Lounge is very good. 8 or so hard liquors with self-pour. 4-5 wines. About 8 different beers!! 3-4 hot dishes during happy hour and many other things. No crowded. Breakfast in the lounge is very good. Large selection. Again not crowded. Lounge is on par with EU lounges. Perhaps the best US lounge that I remember.

Great value on free night or 40,000 points, if you have lounge access. We will be back.
Old May 13, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Any updates on how the renovations are going? What floors are they working on or still have left to go? Plan to stay here next month pre-cruise and worried about noise, but on a Friday night I'm guessing they won't be working anyways.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My full review of this property staying in a Classic Club Ocean View room (with Club lounge access) is available in my trip report here: Florida in First Class: BA A380 and AA Flagship First Dining

Last edited by Genius1; Oct 15, 2023 at 3:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.