Wiki Posts
Search

IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:43 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Boraxo
This weekend anyone staying there will be lucky if the windows don't get blown out. Will be interesting to see how many buildings stand the test if the hurricane scores a direct hit.
Looks like this property (like so many others in that area of downtown Miami and all of Miami Beach) is within a mandatory evacuation zone so I'd expect for it to be closed starting later today or early tomorrow.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Sounds like I'm unlikely to get a club upgrade as an Ambassador/Spire. Is the buy-up to club lounge $30 per person or per room?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I have a question about IC Miami Downtown too:

I am a Royal Ambassador and I have booked 2 Reward Nights there.

Do they give free Minibar?
Do they offer Access to their wonderful Club Lounge?
Do I have to pay the Resort Fee also on Reward Nights?

Thank You a lot, World Travellers!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Kubi
Do I have to pay the Resort Fee also on Reward Nights?
No.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:27 am

Does anybody here know when the IC Miami Downtown increased the cost of award nights from 50k points to 60k points? I searched Google but cannot find it in any of the posts about devaluations and increased award prices.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Byontik
Does anybody here know when the IC Miami Downtown increased the cost of award nights from 50k points to 60k points? I searched Google but cannot find it in any of the posts about devaluations and increased award prices.
I checked through 2016-2018 and did not see it mentioned in any of those.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Byontik
I knew in second half of 2017 I booked this hotel at 50,000 points per night. Then again in January I booked a hotel in Miami, eventually went to Doral, but seems to remember IC Miami was at 50,000 per night at that time. So if it did happen it had to be after end of January.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:37 am

It used to be 35K a few years back
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:28 am

Strange things: looking at booking nights here early November, but no suites at all are showing. Blocked? Sold out? (unlikely)...
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Upcoming stay is $105 with AAA. Can't bring myself to using 60k points per night when it's at that price. Now, I just have to get a AAA membership.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by clubman
Has anyone got a contact email for the hotel? Can't seem to find anything online.

Thanks!
I'm beginning to think the IC miami doesn't do email.

IHG page doesn't list one. intercontinental doesn't list it. The booking comfirmation email I received for a (now cancelled) booking, doesn't mention one.

The hotels own direct site doesn't mention one.
www.icmiamihotel.com/

Neither does their facebook or twitter accounts.
yelp (!) page...nope www.yelp.com/biz/intercontinental-miami-miami

A google search did find [email protected] but I've had no reply to one I sent a couple of days ago.

I've send a tweet to them yesterday asking for an email address for reservations...no reply
I signed up for their "keep me in the loop" thing, but did not receive a welcome email.

I've now DMed them on facebook, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Guess I'll end up having to phone them.

Last edited by tangey; Sep 20, 2018 at 8:00 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:50 am

Calling is the only option it would appear. However, that is no guarantee things work out.
Last year I booked two rooms and called in to make sure they were connected (parents in one, kids in the other). Was assured we'd get a suite overlooking the bay connected to another double.
Arriving at the hotel and sure, they had thought it through with rooms next to each other, but on different floors

Was solved satisfactory eventually.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Petrus
Calling is the only option it would appear. However, that is no guarantee things work out.
Last year I booked two rooms and called in to make sure they were connected (parents in one, kids in the other). Was assured we'd get a suite overlooking the bay connected to another double.
Arriving at the hotel and sure, they had thought it through with rooms next to each other, but on different floors

Was solved satisfactory eventually.
Facebook DM came up with the goods, resulting in a email from the hotel confirming my booking (it was booked via a 3rd party booking agent and the confirmation email from the 3rd party didn't match what I'd paid for)

The IHG page does list the email matching the one I quoted above, but it is a bit hidden, but it didn't get me a reply when I emailed a few days ago.
not2017 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Booked IC Miami for a night before a cruise as a Spire Ambassador. The Hertz place is a block away to drop the one-way rental car. I had a Chase free night, so I used that.

The good. They upgraded me to a bay (not ocean) view room the day before. They also had one ready for an early 2pm check in. Room is big, view is good, and the bath is real big and nice.

The bad. I called when I booked a couple of months ago to ask the cost of lounge access. They said $35. I said that sounded too cheap but they said that that is correct. Upon checking in, I said that I had called and been quoted $35 and it sounded cheap. He says that an upgrade to a club room with lounge access is usually $150 or more but for just lounge it is usually $80... but it was at capacity and not available. Then he calls someone and again says it is not available. So, anyway, no lounge for me at any price.

As a Hilton Diamond where it is rarely an issue AND free, I am not sure when I will bother with an IC again.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Booked IC Miami for a night before a cruise as a Spire Ambassador. The Hertz place is a block away to drop the one-way rental car. I had a Chase free night, so I used that.

The good. They upgraded me to a bay (not ocean) view room the day before. They also had one ready for an early 2pm check in. Room is big, view is good, and the bath is real big and nice.

The bad. I called when I booked a couple of months ago to ask the cost of lounge access. They said $35. I said that sounded too cheap but they said that that is correct. Upon checking in, I said that I had called and been quoted $35 and it sounded cheap. He says that an upgrade to a club room with lounge access is usually $150 or more but for just lounge it is usually $80... but it was at capacity and not available. Then he calls someone and again says it is not available. So, anyway, no lounge for me at any price.

As a Hilton Diamond where it is rarely an issue AND free, I am not sure when I will bother with an IC again.
Have you checkout Hilton brand exec lounges in Miami DT area ?. As I recall the conrad doesn't have one, and none of the reviews I saw of the other hiltons in the area made me feel that the lounge was worth a damn.

IC is in a great location, I paid a bit extra (can't remember exactly) for a club room to get access to the lounge, and I felt the offering was good and the view excellent.
Got an upgrade to one of the duplex rooms (acess from either of 2 floors), which in theory sounds really cool, but in practise work out a bit of a faff having t ogo up and down stairs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.