Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Budapest (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
IC Budapest (Master Thread)

I checked into the IC Budapest last week and was disappointed to see a very sparse minibar. The minibar menu mentions a hard liquor package that they're pleased to stock at your request.

This package is just like the rest of the minibar, you pay per use so why's it not there in the first place?

The only reason I can think is so that it's not part of the minibar for RA purposes but they need to offer it like this to everyone so it doesn't look like RA's are having their benefits dilutes.

Can any RA comment whether the hard liquor package is indeed chargeable for RA's or free.

Most of the items in this package are spirits but there's also Fanta and sparkling wine which seems odd.

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

IC Budapest Archive Thread

Thank you
FLYGVA
Moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 30, 2017 at 8:22 am
Old Jan 15, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: SU Silver, BMI Silver, PC Platinum RA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Do you have photo? I will be at IC Budapest this summer.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
No photo sorry. I was happy with the hotel but I thought the room may not meet RA standards due to the minibar.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by browserden
I checked into the IC Budapest last week and was disappointed to see a very sparse minibar. The minibar menu mentions a hard liquor package that they're pleased to stock at your request.

This package is just like the rest of the minibar, you pay per use so why's it not there in the first place?

The only reason I can think is so that it's not part of the minibar for RA purposes but they need to offer it like this to everyone so it doesn't look like RA's are having their benefits dilutes.

Can any RA comment whether the hard liquor package is indeed chargeable for RA's or free.

Most of the items in this package are spirits but there's also Fanta and sparkling wine which seems odd.
We`ve stayed at the IC BUD in December and phoned room service because we missed the liquor bottles.10 minutes later they brought the bottles and a small bottle of sparkling wine in a cooler.As we hadn`t expected sparkling wine when ordering liquor bottles,I phoned again and asked if everything was free and the answer was:"of course,for you it`s free because you`re RA".But I didn`t make a photo
Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-S8000/S8000XXIG3 SHP/VPP/R5 Jasmine/1.0 Nextreaming SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

The only reason i can think of for this are other guests and their monkey business of opening, drinking and refilling the bottles with water, or nicking them and saying it wasn't them at check-out. This is not too uncommon, particularily at some locations.
I highly doubt the hotel is doing this because of the one or two RA it's seeing a day.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold

Yes that is free for RAs.
Once you asked and it's delivered, it's than replenished daily.
I am not bothered to ask for it when I check in to the room. It comes with ice, fresh lemon etc too.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Going to Budapest this weekend...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Going to Budapest this weekend...
Me too, from tomorrow to monday with son and MIL. Already been upgraded to a suite with club-access. The hotel itself is nothing special, but I like the lounge (but breakfast is much better at the main breakfast, you will be able to choose) the location and the fantastic view (well worth to pay extra for view).

Xxx.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by no-backpacker
Me too, from tomorrow to monday with son and MIL. Already been upgraded to a suite with club-access. The hotel itself is nothing special, but I like the lounge (but breakfast is much better at the main breakfast, you will be able to choose) the location and the fantastic view (well worth to pay extra for view).

Xxx.
I will be there Sunday - Monday and then back again on Friday - Saturday.

I haven't book the rooms yet since I am checking with our local company partner if they have some discounts/preferred rate. I asked them about the limo service online and they responded with all the alternatives from bus, shuttle, taxi and the limo all with prices. Though I didn't ask about the others they still gave some detailed information. Which is great! Their Limo service is a MB E220 @ €40 from the airport and €26 from the hotel to the airport.

Anyone know if WiFi is free for Amb? Just wondering if I will book "Business Sense" package.

Last edited by BRAISKI; Feb 2, 2011 at 11:14 am
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA

Anyone know if WiFi is free for Amb? Just wondering if I will book "Business Sense" package.
its even not free for RA's; but when you are one floor above the club and at the same side, you can grab the club signal. Unfortunately I can't remember the code for the Wifi, but in case you have club access and are room wise luckily located...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by boekel
its even not free for RA's; but when you are one floor above the club and at the same side, you can grab the club signal. Unfortunately I can't remember the code for the Wifi, but in case you have club access and are room wise luckily located...
or see if you can grab it from another spot - I was able to grab it from a restaurant across the street by putting my netbook up to the window
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by boekel
Well I decided to book the "Business Sense" is that what they call for club access?

So since I am Plat Ambassador the Limo is only €35 instead of €40, somehow I doubt that its really a service for Ambassadors only... Esp since most upper class hotels have limo services.

Last edited by BRAISKI; Feb 2, 2011 at 3:52 pm
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by no-backpacker

Xxx.

Im there next weekend 12-14
rate 54E ( 2-4-1 )standart, upg to suite with club
perfect

Last edited by ariell; Feb 3, 2011 at 2:27 am
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Well I decided to book the "Business Sense" is that what they call for club access?

So since I am Plat Ambassador the Limo is only €35 instead of €40, somehow I doubt that its really a service for Ambassadors only... Esp since most upper class hotels have limo services.
I don't know what "business sense" is... Last time I payed €35 to be picked up at the airport. It's more expensive than taking a cab, as long as the driver don't take you all around the city (happened to friends of us last time), but I prefer it to be sure I get straight to the hotel. I have arranged to be picked up tonight too.

Xxx.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:07 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
What's going on in Budapest that so many FT'ers are hanging out at the IC?

I'll be staying at the IC Budapest the weekend of 11-14 February. Alas, I'm only Ambassador, so no upgrade is showing yet, but I can hope!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.