IC Budapest (Master Thread)

Old Jul 26, 18, 5:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Personally both my redemption experiences over the last year at this hotel as a plain olí Spire member have been very good. Early check in facilitated and upgraded to a river view room. I reckon itís great value for the points, though Iím unsure whether Iíd pay as the nearby similarly priced Marriott is just as good and Plat with them gets me lounge access that I donít get at the IC
Old Oct 19, 18, 3:13 pm

My trip last week I stayed at the IC Budapest, Renaissance Vienna, and Sheraton Krakow. We had a way better room and experience at the two Marriott hotels than the IC. We were ambassadors and platinum, allegedly got a room "upgrade" but we paid for a river view room and received a fairly compact room with a view of the river. We got a complimentary half-bottle of wine, 2 certs for a free drink in the bar, and some fruit in the room. We didn't get lounge access or breakfast. It was offered to use for 85 euros per night but this is Budapest, you can eat in the hotel's own restaurant and drink to your heart's content and still not make it to 85 euros per night. Marriott definitely treated us better. We were using the ambassador buy-one-get-one weekend night cert. If it weren't for that, we'd have stayed at the Marriott which was just down the road.
Old Oct 20, 18, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
If on bogo, should book club access room upfront, pay extra club 1night, get for 2nights. And better upgrade as better room to upgrade from