InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by scubaccr
...Of course IC Bangkok can't afford to honour all those nights
Whyever not? I have to live by my mistakes, so does the IC Bangkok.

It's a relatively small increment of potential revenue on each room booked under the mistake regime, not a cash cost.

Your comment sounds like a manifestation of Stockholm syndrome
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by digitalfan
Have you been sent any kind of notification about the change that club lounge access is no more included with this kind of booking? Or did the appearance of the booking under "My bookings" within your IHG profile change? My booking appear as "Modified", but I cannot recognise any changes made...
I did not get any notification about the change in any form.
I spotted the change in my reservation when I logged into my IHG account on IHG's website and checked the reservation.
I was hoping it would be a temporary glitch on the website, but apparently it's not a glitch and I'm not gonna get lounge access. (my stay is next month)
And I booked only one night under the mistake rate...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
I did not get any notification about the change in any form.
I spotted the change in my reservation when I logged into my IHG account on IHG's website and checked the reservation.
I was hoping it would be a temporary glitch on the website, but apparently it's not a glitch and I'm not gonna get lounge access. (my stay is next month)
And I booked only one night under the mistake rate...
Thanks for your feedback!

Did I understand you correctly that your reservation is now showing "1 King Bed Corner Suite" instead of "1 King Bed Club Intercontinental Suite"? My reservations for mid of November (a total of two separate reservations for two consecutive nights) still show "1 King Bed Club Intercontinental Suite". Could it be a criterion for them to honor reservations as booked whether or not the guest is AMB/RA?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by digitalfan
Thanks for your feedback!

Did I understand you correctly that your reservation is now showing "1 King Bed Corner Suite" instead of "1 King Bed Club Intercontinental Suite"? My reservations for mid of November (a total of two separate reservations for two consecutive nights) still show "1 King Bed Club Intercontinental Suite". Could it be a criterion for them to honor reservations as booked whether or not the guest is AMB/RA?
Correct, my reservation simply says "1 King Bed Corner Suite" now.
I don't know how they decided whose reservation to downgrade (apparently they didn't downgrade everyone's) but I have no meaningful status with Intercon, and only have the plat status that comes with the IHG cc.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
My fully paid, in advance, Club Room reservation for 1/11 was showing as upgraded to 1 King Bed Club corner suite ( due to Ambassador upgrade ).

This has now been "downgraded" to just 1 King bed Corner Suite .

I have Emailed the hotel for clarification . I will not be happy if this "mistake award rate" has caused me to lose my club entitlement on a paid stay .

I will be equally unhappy if they have changed the Ambassador rules and that a paid club room upgrade to suite now loses the club entitlement.

*Edit hotel replied all is ok for paid stays

Last edited by crombiestone; Oct 5, 2017 at 6:30 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:19 pm

What kind of benefits does an Ambassador member receive when booking lowest category room? Is free breakfast still an option? A suite upgrade with no club access still a possibility?
aakaa likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
What kind of benefits does an Ambassador member receive when booking lowest category room? Is free breakfast still an option? A suite upgrade with no club access still a possibility?
Grand deluxe upgrade is +1cat to Grand Exec rom, identical room size and layout. The Exec v Dlx difference is in the "soft" value, in your case a choice of 2hour cocktail or restaurant breakfast each day .

fyi, The Club rooms are again identical size/layout to Grande Deluxe/Exec rooms, just come with Lounge Access. As an ambassador no point booking Grand Deluxe as upgrade to club w/o lounge (as per Amb rules) is pointless.
You can book a clubroom, then upgrade is to the "Corner Suite" keeping your Lounge Access (nb Club corner suite / Corner Suite are the same rooms)
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:31 pm

Thanks. When I was a Platinum (not Ambassador), I was also given the choice of bfast or happy hour. I guess there is no difference between Plat and Ambassador here.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Thanks. When I was a Platinum (not Ambassador), I was also given the choice of bfast or happy hour. I guess there is no difference between Plat and Ambassador here.
Wait, as a Plat you got free breakfast? Is this common?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:05 am

That choice goes with Grande Exec room category. Difference bewtween Ambassador and IHG-(non-Ambasador)-Elite (ie Spire) is Ambassador only needs book entry level Grande Deluxe as +1cat upgrade to Grande Exec is guaranteed, .... whereas Spire/Platinum gets no upgrade from D-Dlx so gets no G-exec cat amenity choice.

Of course if non-Amb initially books G-exec, then. the Drink or B/F choice is give
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
That choice goes with Grande Exec room category. Difference bewtween Ambassador and IHG-(non-Ambasador)-Elite (ie Spire) is Ambassador only needs book entry level Grande Deluxe as +1cat upgrade to Grande Exec is guaranteed, .... whereas Spire/Platinum gets no upgrade from D-Dlx so gets no G-exec cat amenity choice.

Of course if non-Amb initially books G-exec, then. the Drink or B/F choice is give
Ah I see. So as a Plat non-Amb if I were to book a Grand Deluxe room with points, I would get nothing.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Two drink coupons and a nice room.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Ah I see. So as a Plat non-Amb if I were to book a Grand Deluxe room with points, I would get nothing.
Booking G Dlx , paid OR award , has no upgrade to G Exec (as Spire or Plat elite as an IC hotel)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Two drink coupons and a nice room.
The last two times I have stayed there, I was given a welcome sheet for Plats with options for free breakfast as a Plat non-Amb. When were you given two drink coupons and nice room as a Plat non-Amb at this hotel? Maybe they downgraded the benefit.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Conrad and JW Marriott spring to mind as good bets, and I have good stays at both
I have seen a public rate for executive room in JW of just 2700 THB or so back in August. And had been stupid enough not to book it immediately. It was gone next day and forever

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.