Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
There is no lounge (used to be), and yes, breakfast is at a reduced rate of $10.

By the way, how can you stay at two places at the same time...?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is breakfast or lounge access provided for Spire Ambassador status? I've seen a few reports that you get a reduced rate of $10 breakfast buffet? That's seriously disappointing. I'm staying Fri-Sat.
Only ever stayed at HI Express. You give nothing, you get nothing. What do you expect?!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by turner32
You give nothing, you get nothing.
Meaning?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by SeamusSA
2 reward nights between Christmas and New Year when things are crowded/busy as they will ever be.
Booked double, got corner double on high floor with excellent view. Room was larger than previous stay when we were supposedly upgraded. At check in clerk said "not going to upgrade you becasue the only difference is the sheets and this room is lots better." She was absolutely right.
Perks: No Exec lounge. As Plat got coupons for buffet breakfast for $10 (usual price $35) plus two welcome drinks in bar (beer, wine)
Amenities: Free WiFi worked well. Free access to great gym on 15th floor - expansive, clean, loads of options for equipment, weights, sauna and clean showers. Bring your own lock.
Overall: staff was consistently pleasant and efficient despite the press of the crowds. Breakfast buffet eggs were dry but otherwise a very nice spread.
Location is nice as it is not right in the middle of the TS zoo, easy walk to a couple subway stations, theaters, Rockefeller Center, etc.
A very pleasant stay!
Did you stay there on New Year's eve?

I'm thinking of booking there for this year, but wanted to understand if the rooms have view to Time Square and can see the ball. It doesn't seem to be the case for all rooms but the hotel seems to have a viewing area. Which I don't know if all guests can get access to or have to pay an extra for access.

Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:20 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
BUMP - Any recent stays or experiences?

Staying here in a few weeks on my annual Chase Free Night for the Dave Chappelle / Chris Rock special at Radio City. Rooms are going for $360+ for Saturday night so a pretty good redemption option in the area other than the IC Times Square which I stayed at last December.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had another great stay as a Spire there last week.

Booked with points an hour before arrival yet still got a nice upgrade as always, free drink at the bar (in theory up to $15 but they will give you anything you like), and the breakfast buffet is $10 for Spires.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:18 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by clubman

Booked with points an hour before arrival yet still got a nice upgrade as always, free drink at the bar (in theory up to $15 but they will give you anything you like), and the breakfast buffet is $10 for Spires.
Good to hear my experience was the same. Great Location!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL

I am happy to say I received exactly the same as a platinum and planning to return.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I got the same great treatment as platinum before I became Spire as well.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I am happy to say I received exactly the same as a platinum and planning to return.
One night Chase IHG Annual Free Night stay Saturday after Thanksgiving. Received $10 breakfast buffet coupons though my wife had to push a little for the third coupon (wife, daughter, and I in the room) during check in while I parked the car. Original assigned room reeked of smoke. Went back to the front desk and was given a new room without an issue. Second room was on the 38th floor and wasn't renovated but still comfortable and smelled fresh, not smokey. Spread on the breakfast buffet was very nice. Overall a good property in a great location and an excellent use of the Chase Annual Free Night Certificate.

--Jon
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:20 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Exclamation

FYI The CP Times Square is on the list for 2018 Reward Night increases AGAIN (screenshot below) but as of today, 1/3/18 the old rate is still valid on all random dates I just checked. Book ASAP to avoid the hikes!!!

*** 2017 Rates in LEFT column - 2018 Rates in RIGHT column ***

Full list here: https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...hts/hotel-list
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tony300S
FYI The CP Times Square is on the list for 2018 Reward Night increases AGAIN (screenshot below) but as of today, 1/3/18 the old rate is still valid on all random dates I just checked. Book ASAP to avoid the hikes!!!
It's not just the CP TS but every single NYC property. Not a single one below 50k points per night including the IHXs.

As for booking ASAP, that's only relevant if one knows exactly when they are planing to stay, because changing your date afterwards will result in an increase in points once the devaluation takes place, which at the moment there is no official date for.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:46 am
IHG Contributor Badge

It's not just the CP TS but every single NYC property. Not a single one below 50k points per night including the IHXs.

As for booking ASAP, that's only relevant if one knows exactly when they are planing to stay, because changing your date afterwards will result in an increase in points once the devaluation takes place, which at the moment there is no official date for.
Clearly, as the screenshot/link shows. But this is the CP Times Square thread so trying to stay on topic. And yes, ASAP as in you planned on booking in 2018 and this give you more reason to hurry on up and do it now

Makes the top NYC hotels an even better use of the Annual Free Night cert. from the Chase CC.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I first stayed at the CP TS 7 years ago and it was 25,000 Points so for it now to be 60,000 Points is taking the proverbial, a rise well in excess of 10%pa
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Bloobell
I first stayed at the CP TS 7 years ago and it was 25,000 Points so for it now to be 60,000 Points is taking the proverbial, a rise well in excess of 10%pa
ca. 13,32 p.a.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.