Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
just checked in on points. Free wifi and lounge access as plt.

But 1) the lounge is being refurbished and as such it is now located in a room behind check in, 2) it is not open during the day, and 3) when the real lounge does reopen on i believe the 5th floor, there will be no "free" alcohol [missed if she said no free alcohol or no alcohol - long day so far for me]

Cheers
When I was there 2 weeks ago, I got voucher for buffet breakfast at the restaurant which was much much better than the breakfast at the lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Just got back from a 4 night points & cash stay as a Plat. Booking showed double beds non-smoking, but requested a king size at check-in. Was offered a smoking room as the only room with a king size bed by the first clerk. Went up and straight back down because of the smell and another clerk upgraded us to a corner room with king size bed on the 46th floor! Great view of 49th and Broadway and could see the Winter Garden Theater were we had already booked tickets. Also received free wi-fi and breakfast on the 5th floor. The breakfast was pretty basic and very crowded, but it was complimentary so we can't complain. An excellent value award redemption during the NYC marathon weekend and much better Plat benefits than I have experienced at other properties^
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: nothing but freebies
Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

I just snatched one night award stay on next Wednesday, hoping to watch the thanksgiving parade conveniently. Would love to have your 2 cents...

Is this hotel a good place to enjoy the parade (inside the building-In the room or anywhere else?) Where (what floor) would you stay, if you could choose any room in the hotel?

Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by edta450
I just snatched one night award stay on next Wednesday, hoping to watch the thanksgiving parade conveniently. Would love to have your 2 cents...

Is this hotel a good place to enjoy the parade (inside the building-In the room or anywhere else?) Where (what floor) would you stay, if you could choose any room in the hotel?

Thanks
Considering Macy's Parade route, CP Times Square has not the best location (still you will see the parade from rooms facing Broadway).

Hotels where you might have a better view:
Marriott Marquis Hotel - 1535 Broadway at 45th Street
Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel - 1568 Broadway at 47th Street
New York Renaissance Hotel - 714 7th Avenue at 48th Street
Sheraton Manhattan Hotel - 790 7th Ave at 51st Street
Sheraton New York Hotel - 811 7th Ave at 52nd Street
Wellington Hotel - 871 7th Avenue at 55th Street
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
Just got back from a 4 night points & cash stay as a Plat. Booking showed double beds non-smoking, but requested a king size at check-in. Was offered a smoking room as the only room with a king size bed by the first clerk. Went up and straight back down because of the smell and another clerk upgraded us to a corner room with king size bed on the 46th floor! Great view of 49th and Broadway and could see the Winter Garden Theater were we had already booked tickets. Also received free wi-fi and breakfast on the 5th floor. The breakfast was pretty basic and very crowded, but it was complimentary so we can't complain. An excellent value award redemption during the NYC marathon weekend and much better Plat benefits than I have experienced at other properties^
Had an identical stay last week - 4 nights, cash and points during the marathon weekend, Plat. No upgrade (in fact, i think I had a downgrade - from a "deluxe room" as stated in my reservation to a "traditional room". No view of either the hudson nor TS).

But like you, I got free net, and free breakfast in room 506 though. Can't really complain as I needed the two double beds as I had my sisters with me.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
I recently stayed here (paid night) and didn't receive any room upgrade as a Plat/RA. They did provide two drink coupons (worth up to $15 each) for the lobby bar but I didn't have an opportunity to try the breakfast.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
We have just returned from the CP Times Square after staying 4 nights on points plus cash.

We took the advice in this thread to email the hotel prior to our stay to ask what benefits were available for Plat members. The hotel replied to our second email and confirmed we would get free WiFi, free breakfast in Club lounge and free leisure club access.

Our room was on floor 38 and i think it was a standard room but that suited us fine as we needed two double beds to accomodate us and the kids.

We were very pleased with the hotel. The location is fantastic. The rooms were very good. Breakfast was served in the Club lounge on the first morning. The remaining three mornings we were given a voucher to have free breakfast in the hotel restaurant due to overcrowding in the Club lounge. This was greatly appreciated as it filled our family up for the day free of charge

A great stay and brilliant value ^
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
We have just returned from the CP Times Square after staying 4 nights on points plus cash.

We took the advice in this thread to email the hotel prior to our stay to ask what benefits were available for Plat members. The hotel replied to our second email and confirmed we would get free WiFi, free breakfast in Club lounge and free leisure club access.

Our room was on floor 38 and i think it was a standard room but that suited us fine as we needed two double beds to accomodate us and the kids.

We were very pleased with the hotel. The location is fantastic. The rooms were very good. Breakfast was served in the Club lounge on the first morning. The remaining three mornings we were given a voucher to have free breakfast in the hotel restaurant due to overcrowding in the Club lounge. This was greatly appreciated as it filled our family up for the day free of charge

A great stay and brilliant value ^
Fantastic... I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I think the breakfast int he restaurant is really top notch as a free benefit to Platinum... I know that it should be the lounge, but if overcrowded or offered the restaurant instead, then I would snap their hand off for it! Filled us both up each day and I think we did not eat again till dinner in the evening having had a good breakfast!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Is the free Breakfast available for Paid stays, Points + Cash stays only?

What about purely points redemptions?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I stayed there last year and booked 2 rooms for 4 nights each on Points and we got free breakfast and wifi throughout.

My experience was so good I'm going back in August for another 4 nights, again on Points
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tycosiao

I have booked purely on points before and have had room upgrade, breakfast and internet as a Platinum...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao

There's no difference between Points+Cash or Points. When you book Points+Cash you're buying points off PCR to make up the points needed for the stay. You don't give the hotel cash and they see you as being on a points stay like any other
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:05 pm

Did a points stay for three nights the last week of December (left right before NY Eve). As a Plat was given lounge access for Breakfast for the three of us (me, wife & 12 yr old daughter) and free wifi. Also upgraded to a room facing Broadway, but that may have had more to do with the inventory that was available when we checked in. The lounge was crowded so 2 of the 3 mornings we got coupons from the lounge attendant and had the full buffet in the downstairs restaurant. Overall great stay, nice room, friendly & helpful staff. We'll consider staying here again for future NYC trips. 25K points per night seems like a great deal to me.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Did a points stay for three nights the last week of December (left right before NY Eve). As a Plat was given lounge access for Breakfast for the three of us (me, wife & 12 yr old daughter) and free wifi. Also upgraded to a room facing Broadway, but that may have had more to do with the inventory that was available when we checked in. The lounge was crowded so 2 of the 3 mornings we got coupons from the lounge attendant and had the full buffet in the downstairs restaurant. Overall great stay, nice room, friendly & helpful staff. We'll consider staying here again for future NYC trips. 25K points per night seems like a great deal to me.
I would imagine that this property will be a prime target for the increase to 35K points per night effective 18th January... Which is a shame, as you say, a very good deal at 25k points as it is now.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I would imagine that this property will be a prime target for the increase to 35K points per night effective 18th January... Which is a shame, as you say, a very good deal at 25k points as it is now.
Staybridge Suides is 20k when the same room goes for $380

Candlewood is 15k or $256

The point per $ ratio is better with those 2 hotels, yet this Crowne Plaza is a good deal? Is the location/atmosphere/hotel that much cooler? I am thinking of doing a weekend in NYC and this might be the place to be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.