Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I had a 2 night stay here on points in May. I am PC Plat, no IC status. I was given lounge access, and had the fridge fee waived after asking nicely.
What is the "fridge fee"?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
What is the "fridge fee"?
I imagine a fee for the hotel providing upon request a mini fridge for the room.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:56 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I imagine a fee for the hotel providing upon request a mini fridge for the room.
I had requested a fridge. I think the fee was 15-20$ a day but they waived it.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Ah... Of course... I forgot that, even though there is no mini bar, they don't have the empty fridge. Sorry. Makes sense now.

We are there for 3 nights, I think we can do without a fridge.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Just got back from a 4 night stay on Points .I did email them a couple of days prior to leaving but got the reply once i was there.....

Anyway for sure Ambs are acknowledged and my status was mentioned at check in(though i dont think the 'royal' bit was).I ended up in a fairly spacious 22 floor Times Square view room.Not exactly really high up but at the same time had a more intimate view of the perpetual action down below.

I was also given free continental breakie in the Concierge's room and free wifi.Oh yes and a 2pm checkout.

Overall a pretty good deal....
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by docklander
I ended up in a fairly spacious 22 floor Times Square view room.Not exactly really high up but at the same time had a more intimate view of the perpetual action down below.
This might be the best illustration of taking up arms against a sea of sorrows
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: SPG PLT
Originally Posted by docklander
Just got back from a 4 night stay on Points .I did email them a couple of days prior to leaving but got the reply once i was there.....

Anyway for sure Ambs are acknowledged and my status was mentioned at check in(though i dont think the 'royal' bit was).I ended up in a fairly spacious 22 floor Times Square view room.Not exactly really high up but at the same time had a more intimate view of the perpetual action down below.

I was also given free continental breakie in the Concierge's room and free wifi.Oh yes and a 2pm checkout.

Overall a pretty good deal....
I would say that's pretty good, since it is a CP and you are a RA.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting report... Thanks. I am there in just under 4 weeks, so will report back too...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I had a 2 night stay here on points in May. I am PC Plat, no IC status. I was given lounge access, and had the fridge fee waived after asking nicely.
Be interesting to know if anyone has recent experience on this as there is so much conflicting info, it is probably a dealbreaker for me between choosing the HIex at Water Street, and this SP at Times Square, whether you get lounge access on a point+cash booking.

Would be a Tuesday night in October 1 night only
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drspear
Be interesting to know if anyone has recent experience on this as there is so much conflicting info, it is probably a dealbreaker for me between choosing the HIex at Water Street, and this SP at Times Square, whether you get lounge access on a point+cash booking.

Would be a Tuesday night in October 1 night only
I do wonder... Do they see that it is a Points+Cash booking, or to them at the property, does it just show as a Points booking, as technically, you are booking all with points, just purchasing the extra through the scheme?

I am there in October too, so can't assist with recent experience I am afraid...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Can anyone comment on the parking for this or other IHG TS hotels? Any deals for PC Plat, or Ambassador? Will be there in November, and could not find any info on the hotels' webpages.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Just finished 3 night stay using cash+points. As Plat, received corner king on 43rd concierge floor, free wifi, 2pm checkout. Lounge is currently being renovated. A temporary "lounge" is in a conference room behind check-in. 2 days this was not open and received buffet vouchers for the restaurant. Lounge was only open for breakfast, not afternoon or evening. Buffet is not very good and lounge is worse. With UN week, there was a constant parade of bomb dogs and police through the lobby and elevators, on top of the usual time square crowds. Room is nice with good view, except bathroom is small and dated. Good value for $150 C&P, convenient for subway uptown and downtown, but would much rather stay in another neighborhood.

Also stayed at the Candlewood a few blocks away for 1 night, upgraded to 1 bedroom on top floor, $90 C&P is a good deal for NY when other things are booked up, but its pretty dated, one night was enough for me.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by AArdvark0
Just finished 3 night stay using cash+points. As Plat, received corner king on 43rd concierge floor, free wifi, 2pm checkout. Lounge is currently being renovated. A temporary "lounge" is in a conference room behind check-in. 2 days this was not open and received buffet vouchers for the restaurant. Lounge was only open for breakfast, not afternoon or evening. Buffet is not very good and lounge is worse. With UN week, there was a constant parade of bomb dogs and police through the lobby and elevators, on top of the usual time square crowds. Room is nice with good view, except bathroom is small and dated. Good value for $150 C&P, convenient for subway uptown and downtown, but would much rather stay in another neighborhood.

Also stayed at the Candlewood a few blocks away for 1 night, upgraded to 1 bedroom on top floor, $90 C&P is a good deal for NY when other things are booked up, but its pretty dated, one night was enough for me.
I always have to pay $60 per night when C&P, do you do it another way

interesting stauts on hotel, could be interesting
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
Originally Posted by AArdvark0
Lounge is currently being renovated.
Do you know when the lounge will be opened again? I have a p+c stay there next week. I called them yesterday to confirm that they have an executive lounge, and whether Platinum members got access. The person in the front desk confirmed both!

No mention of lounge being renovated, and no mention of lounge access not being granted on p+c stays (as previously reported).
Old Sep 24, 2011, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Flux
Do you know when the lounge will be opened again? I have a p+c stay there next week. I called them yesterday to confirm that they have an executive lounge, and whether Platinum members got access. The person in the front desk confirmed both!

No mention of lounge being renovated, and no mention of lounge access not being granted on p+c stays (as previously reported).
could I ask you when you said to them "do Platinums get access" were you specific, that you meant get it for free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.