Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% off Any hotel, Anywhere cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
Do these AMEX cards have the member's name printed on it? I was wondering if they are transferable.

Thanks.
I have one in hand, I redeemed at regular rates a few months ago.
It is embossed with my name like any other card, it also has a signature panel on the rear.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:49 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
it is a shame that this offer is still not available to Canadians, i tried to purchase the US dollar cards but it said that due to my address it was not valid.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:09 am
mti

Planning to use some on a nice room in Venice - is it possible to load up with multiple cards?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by IC Expert
it is a shame that this offer is still not available to Canadians, i tried to purchase the US dollar cards but it said that due to my address it was not valid.
Don't you have a friend in the UK or US where you could change your PC address temporarily and ship the cards there?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Anywhere but NZ???

Can anyone confirm that these cards are good to use in NZ?

The Name and T&Cs imply "Any Hotel Anywhere" BUT the link to hotels where the cards can be redeemed do not include any NZ (or Aussie) region hotels.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../ahasplit.html

thx from a PC newbie who is trying to figure out a plan to book some Jan stays.

bk who is also busy trying to figure out if a 5K PB stay is better than a US$110/night stay plus unknown potential 1Q 2008 bonuses.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bk3day
Can anyone confirm that these cards are good to use in NZ?

The Name and T&Cs imply "Any Hotel Anywhere" BUT the link to hotels where the cards can be redeemed do not include any NZ (or Aussie) region hotels.
I don't think you can redeem points for these cards if your address is in NZ.
However, if you obtain the cards (in whatever currency, though some currencies' cards are better deals than others--you do the math), then you can use them at any hotel in the world that accepts American Express.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:44 am

Really no advance purchase?

I love the look of these prepaid AMEX cards, especially with 50%off, but as a UK resident always book advance purchase as much cheaper usually. Has anyone had any joy ever booking any advance puchase rates thro an IHG site? I notice the t and cs state u cant use these cards to make a deposit.

Any experiences/feedback would be welcome-dan
Old Nov 21, 2007, 5:35 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I don't think you can redeem points for these cards if your address is in NZ.
However, if you obtain the cards (in whatever currency, though some currencies' cards are better deals than others--you do the math), then you can use them at any hotel in the world that accepts American Express.
thanks, I guess i misinterpreted the info at that linked page.

Last edited by bk3day; Nov 21, 2007 at 6:39 am Reason: sorry...shouldn't post before my morning coffee
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by bk3day
thanks, I guess i misinterpreted the info at that linked page.

Can anyone comment on the cards worth when used in NZ?

I'm in the US (and have 0 PC points....now) so I still need to figure out if these are a worthwhile investment for my early Jan trip.

thx
What exactly are you asking? In NZ, the cards are worth exactly the same as they are worth in the US - a $250 card gets you $250 of accommodation (albeit at the equivalent NZ$ exchange rate).

The only question worth asking is "Is Amex widely accepted in NZ?". I assume the answer is yes, especially in chain properties and in big cities. For small-town B&B's you may struggle.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:27 am

Just to clarify, these cards can be used to pay for any and all expenses incurred at the hotel and charged to the room?

Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2007, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Yes .
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 2 Million, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Anyhotel Anywhere

ignore

Last edited by bobbrownson; Nov 22, 2007 at 6:31 am Reason: Dumb Question!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by aleinvolo

In the EUROPE (non UK) section there is NO half points DISCOUNT !
why??
Still no € offer

-- Dambus

(p.s. and now the site has gone down for maintenance....)
Old Nov 22, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
[QUOTE=holtju2;8748281]And I still have 1.5 million points left in Hilton, ./QUOTE]

I am even more humbled.For that many points you should be able to shag Paris Is she available under the points scheme?

Last edited by docklander; Nov 22, 2007 at 2:53 pm
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

[QUOTE=docklander]
Originally Posted by holtju2
And I still have 1.5 million points left in Hilton, ./QUOTE]

I am even more humbled.For that many points do you should be able to shag Paris Is she available under the points scheme?
At this point (that 15 minutes is just about up) I would think that she'd be 50% off too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.