IC Milwaukee

Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:54 am

This was my second stay at this location, the staff was very helpful and friendly. I booked a room with two beds, was upgraded to a king supreme which they referred to as a suite. This is the same room I was in last time with a nice view of the marcus center on the 9th floor.

The mini bar was halfway stocked this time, no shampoo in the bathroom only conditioner (2 of them ) The second day the mini bar was nicely stocked, still no shampoo but I never called for it. I did make a call about the bathrobes not being here though.

The welcome gift was a nice cheese basket, a fruit basket, a bucket of water and root beer as well as 2 drink coupons and 2 breakfast coupons. Very nice

The wireless internet here is horrible. Wired wasn't much better.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
My recent stay at IC Milwaukee!

deleted

Last edited by CIPAS; Mar 12, 2013 at 2:14 pm
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Puzzled about your getting a free breakfast voucher and noting there was no Club, which there isn't at this property. Ambassadors don't get Club upgrades as a matter of course and breakfast is not an Ambassador or RA benefit, though some ICH properties do offer such things as a local additional benefit. Must have been the spirit of the holiday.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
I believe person at check-in desk told me that they DO offer free breakfast and free wifi(they are not participating property of comp. internet to AMB) to AMB/RA.

Last edited by CIPAS; Mar 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: F9 Summit, UA Mileage Plus, PC Platinum Ambassador
Ambassador benefits at Milwaukee IC

I frequently stay at Milwaukee IC and I can confirm that they provide Ambassadors with a coupon for a drink at the bar and a coupon for breakfast for each night of their stay. Breakfast is fairly inexpensive at this hotel (for example, the standard eggs, bacon, and potatoes is under $10). Typically, when you enter the dining room they will ask you if you are an ambassador and give you a special ambassador menu with no prices on it. The menu has a nice selection.

Also, they do have free wifi (it is a fairly recent addition) at a "slower" speed. You can pay for wifi at a higher priority, but I always use the free one and have had no problems.

While the hotel itself is nothing remarkable, the staff is always very customer-service focused and the Ambassador benefits of breakfast and drink are quite nice.

Last edited by stockholm28; Nov 25, 2010 at 9:33 pm
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
Milwaukee isn't exactly loaded with great hotels, but the IC is nice. I recommend it to people heading to Milwaukee.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:25 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
FYI, for anyone with a car, be aware of Milwaukee's Parking Regulations if you want to park on the street, basically you can only park on the street overnight on Saturday night only from March 2 through November 30 (December 1 through March 1 they have winter parking regulations on certain streets, including the two streets this hotel sits on the corner of).

Of course, the $20 ticket I got for violating the winter parking regulations was less than the $23 self-parking at the hotel ...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Originally Posted by Beckles
FYI, for anyone with a car, be aware of Milwaukee's Parking Regulations if you want to park on the street, basically you can only park on the street overnight on Saturday night only from March 2 through November 30 (December 1 through March 1 they have winter parking regulations on certain streets, including the two streets this hotel sits on the corner of).

Of course, the $20 ticket I got for violating the winter parking regulations was less than the $23 self-parking at the hotel ...
It's cheaper only if you can expense the parking ticket. Pretty ironic scenario!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: F9 Summit, UA Mileage Plus, PC Platinum Ambassador
parking

One note on the parking in the public lot under the Milwaukee IC --- If you arrive after 5pm and leave before 8am on weekdays, the parking is only $8. Leave at 8:01am and it is $23.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
Thumbs down IC Milwaukee

Hate to be too picky but just checked in as an RA. No upgrade, claim is fully booked. 2nd time I have been greeted with no upgrade at an IC in the last 2 months. Guess not much I can do about that. Other issue is what 4* hotel doesn't have a mini fridge in the room. This must be the only 4* I have ever stayed in without one. So, any RAs looking to raid the mini bar at the IC Milwaukee should think twice. They did give me 1 drink coupon for the bar and 1 free breakfast. Told my wife she can't have breakfast as I am using the coupon. LOL

Last edited by kleinms; Jul 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
Talking IC Milwaukee

My wife commented. Received a letter stating that their upgrade is to a higher floor, then a paragraph later it stated PCR upgrade is to a King Superior. Kind of a contradiction, plus a higher floor in Milwaukee ain't worth much. Whether you 2 or 10 there isn't some spectacular view one is missing out on. Anyway, they brought us a mini bar. I really needed it more to keep the kids milk than the free sodas. I was appreciative that they did do that. Only weird thing, is the last time I stayed here as an Amb Plat., not RA, the room had no mini bar and their claim was they were redoing rooms/minibars and our room was one that did not have a fridge at the moment. 12 months later and still no Mini bar??? I have to believe they don't have mini bars in the rooms unless you beg for one.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kleinms
Hate to be too picky but just checked in as an RA. No upgrade, claim is fully booked. 2nd time I have been greeted with no upgrade at an IC in the last 2 months. Guess not much I can do about that. Other issue is what 4* hotel doesn't have a mini fridge in the room. This must be the only 4* I have ever stayed in without one. So, any RAs looking to raid the mini bar at the IC Milwaukee should think twice. They did give me 1 drink coupon for the bar and 1 free breakfast. Told my wife she can't have breakfast as I am using the coupon. LOL
Upgrade to an executive room or suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in. In circumstances where an executive room or suite is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until the executive room or suite is available later on the day of arrival.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...n/ptc/ptc.html
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Recent update for RA:

Upgraded to "King Superior" on the 8th floor, which is the corner room as many have stated above. While not the best UG ever, it's a nice room and appears to be the best UG-able room at the hotel (not sure though). I received a fruit basket, 2 drink coupons, and a breakfast coupon (no IC lounge).

Letter in the room talked about 24 hour fitness center, free wireless in the whole hotel (I think for all guests, you can UG for fast internet for $4.95), as well as 4pm check-out.

Minibar had small bottle red wine, small bottle white, small bottle champagne, std mix of mini alcohol bottles and 3 types of beer. Plenty of water etc. Will probably do the movie and don't really care if it's on the bill or not at check-out.

Staff is very helpful and has a good service attitude. Parking is $25/night (self, valet is $30) so a bit pricey (IMO), but it is what it is.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:49 pm

Any recent experiences for Platinums at this property? THanks
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:10 am

Aug PA stay

Plat Amb. - received 2 drink coupons, 1 coupon for 2 free breakfast, free wifi, and a very nice fruit basket surrounded by 2 bottles of water. Corner room with view of downtown.

nice location near a park and bars to spend the downtime at. staff was very friendly.

may stay here again as a break from the IC O'hare where I currently am in week 6 of 20 or so.

Yes the wifi is terrible and the bed was so-so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.