Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berchtesgaden Master Thread [now a Kempinski]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Actually they are open until April 8th.

Will have our last stay in a Penthouse Suite from next Sunday to Tuesday.

And after that bye bye weekend voucher and free Suite upgrades (except if you have status with GHA)

The Penthouse Suite goes for around 1000 Euros per night once they are a Kempinski...
Bye bye free Penthouse Suite (BRG)....
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:38 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU

Will have our last stay in a Penthouse Suite from next Sunday to Tuesday.

And after that bye bye weekend voucher and free Suite upgrades (except if you have status with GHA)
GHA only offers these upgrades "upon availability", bbrrrr.

I hope you have enjoyed your last stay!

Last edited by B42; Apr 11, 2015 at 6:38 am
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I really regretted not staying at this property last year!!!!
Old May 1, 2015, 5:40 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
I called the Kempinsky Berchtesgaden this morning for info on the mini bar. I was told it is still complimentary for all non alcholic beverages, and yes, the chocolate is part of the complimentary also . Thedates I needed were sold out except for the very expensive rooms. This year I think we will stay in Ramsau at the Best Western Berghotel Rehlegg. It gets rave reviews and right now for my dates I can purchase a non refundable rate of 170Euros per night. That rate includes breakfast and dinner { half board }
Ramsau is a lovely dot of heaven that we stop at every year on our way to Berchtesgaden.
After our stay there we check into the Grand Hotel in Zell am See Austria for 7 nights. I can highly recommend this hotel and town. Lovely in the summer.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Well, now IC has to remove the picture of the hotel from the ad:

http://youtu.be/4JDK49W3ldY
Old May 1, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Are they any ways to get cheaper rates now it is a Kempinski? I'd love to return, but headline rates aren't particularly attractive.

When it was an IC I at least had the choice of:
- 35,000 points
- 241 Ambassador voucher
- Corporate rates
Old May 1, 2015, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer

Are they any ways to get cheaper rates now it is a Kempinski? I'd love to return, but headline rates aren't particularly attractive.

When it was an IC I at least had the choice of:
- 35,000 points
- 241 Ambassador voucher
- Corporate rates

Isn't it about time to close this thread now that it definitely no longer is an IHG property and people are asking questions about how to get inexpensive rates from the new managers of the hotel, or are we going to have yet another forum dealing with IHG properties that are now Kempinski or other hotels??

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; May 2, 2015 at 5:06 am
Old May 2, 2015, 6:44 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Isn't it about time to close this thread now that it definitely no longer is an IHG property and people are asking questions about how to get inexpensive rates from the new managers of the hotel, or are we going to have yet another forum dealing with IHG properties that are now Kempinski or other hotels??
The thread remains open for now, but I have edited the thread title to reflect that it is now a Kempinski. Given than the date the hotel changed management is not that long ago, the question could be posted here. There might be also some issues with booking at the time the hotel was an IC, which sould also have a place to be discussed.

We will consider at a later time, if the thread should be closed, split up into two threads wtih posts related to Kempinski and those related to IC.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old May 6, 2015, 8:46 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
I've seen that GHA sometimes have flash sales up to 50% off however the presidential suite will still be ridiculously overpriced then.
The management is there to keep regular guests (happy) so i would definitely send them an email and kindly ask what the possibilities are.

@Thanks mav for asking!
Ramsau and the Hintersee are very nice too. Enjoy your stay at the Grand Hotel also, it is indeed a very nice area/hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.