Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Intercontinental Tokyo (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by frudd38
Does the JPY14,000 Club charge include an upgrade to the actual Club room as well? Looking to book the basic award reservation and do this upgrade. If anyone also has more recent prices as well as for 3rd guest access that'll be great, hotel isn't responding.
No, Club charge is just Club Lounge access only.
And now Club charge is increased to 16000 ~ 26000. (Depends on occupancy)
frudd38 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United 1k, Le Club Silver
Is the price quoted on ihg.com including tax and service fee? ihg.com website says, "Taxes and Additional Charges: The service charge for accommodation: 13% is included in the rate." However, the e-mail confirmation says * Additional taxes and charges may apply. Other hotel-specific service charges may also apply.

I usually stay with Hilton hotels, and the price displayed at the room selection for Hilton is always pre tax and service charge. Trying to compared the club room price at IC Tokyo to Conrad Tokyo. When the price is similar, which is better? Or I should compare this IC to Hilton Shinjuku?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by pollyG
Is the price quoted on ihg.com including tax and service fee?
Including. Rest assure yourself.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:30 pm

Hi all! Does anybody know how much they charge for breakfast if you want to add it on a points stay? Is there any discount for Spire Ambassador members or does the 20$ F&B count towards the breakfast? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:29 am
dk9

Originally Posted by Kimsbrand
Hi all! Does anybody know how much they charge for breakfast if you want to add it on a points stay? Is there any discount for Spire Ambassador members or does the 20$ F&B count towards the breakfast? Thanks in advance!
I also want to know this!!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dk9
I also want to know this!!
Then I am happy to help you and share my research results: They charge 4.211 JPY per person if you want to add it afterwards.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:36 pm
dk9

Originally Posted by Kimsbrand

Then I am happy to help you and share my research results: They charge 4.211 JPY per person if you want to add it afterwards.
That's ridiculous! I am being quoted for as low as 1,500 JPY an for an advanced rate on the website!

And thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Does this hotel upgrade award bookings for Ambassador members? I take it club access is never granted on upgrades without charge?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Can anyone recommend restaurants for lunc / malls within walking distance? We're transiting in Tokyo for 1 night only. Not planning on taking subway (arrive after 11 pm, leave hotel by noon). But I would love to explain the area on foot.
TIA.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by adamak
Can anyone recommend restaurants for lunc / malls within walking distance? We're transiting in Tokyo for 1 night only. Not planning on taking subway (arrive after 11 pm, leave hotel by noon). But I would love to explain the area on foot.
TIA.
Tokyo Midtown is in 15 minutes walking distance (or 450 Yen Taxi) uphill.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Need to burn my Chase free night certificate before it expires. What kind of treatment can I expect at IC ANA as an Ambassador, as far upgrades, etc? I’ve stayed at IC Strings before, but want to be more central.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by andreiz
Need to burn my Chase free night certificate before it expires. What kind of treatment can I expect at IC ANA as an Ambassador, as far upgrades, etc? I’ve stayed at IC Strings before, but want to be more central.
Do you have a grandfathered Chase night? The new chase nights are capped at 40k pts.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer

Do you have a grandfathered Chase night? The new chase nights are capped at 40k pts.
Yes
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Expect no upgrade and be surprised. They usually go by the book meaning reward nights or such do not need to be upgraded though you may get lucky. Entry level Classic rooms are a bit dull / dated, but will do the job. Good use for a cert night. YMMV.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:16 am

What type of bed configuration are given to reward nights standard room bookings? Reading the description when it says "bed type subject to availability" what they're alluding to regarding bed types is probably the size and number of beds in a room, right. The info shows for 3 pax so the least it'll come with is a double bed, I'm hoping...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.