ANA Intercontinental Tokyo (Master Thread)

Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I staid there three times this year and was always upgraded to some kind of suite when booking executive room and could certainly not complain. Rate was always in the range of 22k
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I staid there three times this year and was always upgraded to some kind of suite when booking executive room and could certainly not complain. Rate was always in the range of 22k
As RA right and not as humble AMB? My RA is a thing of the past and last time we stayed many years ago, I was still RA and couldn't complain. Since then always at Strings. Our Corp rate is 20k for Classic, but oddly jumping to 25.5k for Executive and if I just get a Premier room upgrade not much is achieved. Maybe I try to book an Exec and a Premier room for different dates and see what upgrades are assigned. Strings will cost me 26.5k JPY incl. breakfast so not too bad.

Last edited by demue; Oct 2, 2018 at 4:32 am
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by demue
Thanks, I'm aware that Exec and Premier rooms have the same layout with difference being floors where Premier are on the higher floors.

Any experience with state of the rooms? Very run down or generally in decent shape? I had seen, but never stayed in some Classic room and they can be quite grim meaning very worn down.

The misses will give me an earful if it is crappy vs. Premier room at Strings (AMB upgrade). I'd just like to collect the Accelerate bonus .
My remarks from Aug 11 above pertains to your situation.
Classic were toxic.
Executive were passable for a 1 night stay.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks to all, as a trial I booked a Premier room and will see what AMB upgrade I get. IC ANA is quite quick to upgrade. Hoping for King Jr. Suite which looks quite decent. Will cost me an extra 8K JPY (~28K JPY) at our corp rate, but that would be acceptable as Strings is only 1.5K JPY less than that and I will "only" get a Premier room there (as AMB upgrade). Can cancel until 6:00PM on day of arrival so risk is low.

Last edited by demue; Oct 2, 2018 at 4:33 am
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:34 am

Just as a data point, Premier room upgraded to King Jr. Suite for AMB. I wasn't sure if they would assign a Club room without Club benefits, but guess not. Either way this is fine.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:07 pm

Quick post-stay update. Thanks to Flying Lawyer for the tip on the King Jr.Suite. While as AMB I had to book a Premier Room to get upgraded it still worked out well enough on our corp rate though not necessarily a bargain (but then what is in Tokyo).

The suite was very decent, a bit narrow room wise but with all the necessary items. Thann toiletries and suite overall looking relatively fresh vs. Some of the Classic and Deluxe rooms. As Spire AMB we got two drinks vouchers and the 600 points, quite nice as many hotels usually make you chose and then only give one drink voucher even if two people in the room. We used it for coffee in the morning from the Pierre Gagnaire shop in the lobby (can also get some cocktails at the bar in the evening).

Overall a good stay. Cab to and from Tokyo Station ran about 1.6 - 1.8k JPY.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by MSPSKI
Classic were toxic.
Executive were passable for a 1 night stay.
Oh wow, this sounds so disappointing. Looks like no sense making an award booking there? Paying insane 50k points and getting a nasty room would be really disturbing experience.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Oh wow, this sounds so disappointing. Looks like no sense making an award booking there? Paying insane 50k points and getting a nasty room would be really disturbing experience.
I think we have seen both viewpoints at this point from different members.
Certainly i have made my views clear; which were pretty specific to the room type.

I think give it a gamble and tell us what you think.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:14 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
This is literally the best club lounge I have ever experienced for food.

The IC Paris Le Grande has held that top spot for both myself and my girlfriend but we are staying here now for 5 nights and the food is just incredible, especially the breakfast!

cosackspolgenev likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by 355F1
This is literally the best club lounge I have ever experienced for food.

The IC Paris Le Grande has held that top spot for both myself and my girlfriend but we are staying here now for 5 nights and the food is just incredible, especially the breakfast!
On behalf of my family, Team Club InterContinental Tokyo, thank you very much for your great report and kind comment. 😎
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:52 am

This looks incredible. I was staying at the Strings a few days ago (pretty mediocre). Should have stayed at the ANA.
Raynyan likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:01 am

Depends what location you prefer / need and what you are willing to pay. Club rooms at ANA run around 45k JPY a night and unless one has time to really enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks it is quite a step up from other room categories.

Of course, if you are RA then that all goes away (aside from location preferences) as you get Club free and ANA is definitely the winner. YMMMv
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:48 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Raynyan

On behalf of my family, Team Club InterContinental Tokyo, thank you very much for your great report and kind comment. 😎

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by demue
Depends what location you prefer / need and what you are willing to pay. Club rooms at ANA run around 45k JPY a night and unless one has time to really enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks it is quite a step up from other room categories.

Of course, if you are RA then that all goes away (aside from location preferences) as you get Club free and ANA is definitely the winner. YMMMv
I am only a Spire Ambassador and paid $335/night for a mid-level Club Room but was upgraded one level to a Jr Tsuki Suite as part of my AMB Status.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:52 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
This looks incredible. I was staying at the Strings a few days ago (pretty mediocre). Should have stayed at the ANA.

Breakfast is so good here!

This is the set breakfast

cosackspolgenev likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Raynyan
As far as I know, they will charge JPY5,000.- in principle.
But please ask Club Staff. Club charge JPY14,000.- is up to two persons.
If you will stay alone, register your guest name, then you can invite one person.
Does the JPY14,000 Club charge include an upgrade to the actual Club room as well? Looking to book the basic award reservation and do this upgrade. If anyone also has more recent prices as well as for 3rd guest access that'll be great, hotel isn't responding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.