Regent Hotel Beijing (Master Tread)

Old Mar 24, 07, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Regent Hotel Beijing (Master Tread)

Has anyone tried the new Regent Hotel in Beijing? Thought the Peninsula would probably be best for our first visit to Beijing but perhaps we should consider the Regent?? We're looking for the hotel offering the best service, rooms/suites and location. Any input is appreciated! Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 07, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

doesnt look like anything on FT yet about Regent, and only 2 reports on TA
Old Mar 25, 07, 7:21 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles DM/2MM, AA EXP, IC RA, Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
The Peninsula and the Regent are quite close by one another, about two blocks apart. The Regent is quite new, but the Pen recently completed an extensive renovation that resulted in rooms comparable in appointments (though not in size) to those in Hong Kong. The service at the Pen was quite good, but you don't forget that you're in mainland China, where 5* international hotels were practically nonexistent not much more than a decade ago. The service was nothing shabby, but the Peninsulas in HKG and BKK are markedly better. I would recommend a room on the Club Floor because you get more personal treatment from the staff there, the evening F&B presentations are quite good and fairly substantial (breakfast presentation is okay: more than a continental breakfast but nothing like HKG or BKK), and the lounge has a clubby feel among the guests experiencing China. Mind you, Mr. Megatop and I were there over Christmas, a tourist-heavy not business-heavy period.

The Regent is brand-new, I believe. It's very modern, whereas the Pen was obviously constructed in the mega-monolithic style of Communist Chinese architecture. Beyond that, I can't offer much comparison, as we didn't so much as check out the lobby of the Regent.
Old Mar 8, 19, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond & Accor Platinum....(Former IHG Rewards/Priority Club - quit after 13 years loyalty)
This hotel is now part of IHG rewards.
Old Mar 8, 19, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by est-gratuite View Post
And since that is the case, unless someone know if it is a luxury hotel and details the reasons here, in a few days the mods will transfer this thread to the IHG forum.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
Old Mar 8, 19, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
And since that is the case, unless someone know if it is a luxury hotel and details the reasons here, in a few days the mods will transfer this thread to the IHG forum.

It's not a luxury hotel by any stretch, but is the best hotel for people visiting WPP companies. On a side note, the burgers at the Irish place across the street are seriously top notch (i.e. worth the $20).
Old Mar 9, 19, 8:52 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
It's not a luxury hotel by any stretch, but is the best hotel for people visiting WPP companies. On a side note, the burgers at the Irish place across the street are seriously top notch (i.e. worth the $20).
You ought to know, so off to the IHG forum it goes!

Old Mar 9, 19, 8:58 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by est-gratuite View Post
Does it give IHG Reward Club benefits to members, or does it follow the line of Ambassadors?