IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:30 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
On two recent stays at the end of June, I received Club access as Royal Ambassador. I also received 1 BR suites on both stays as well. Very nice property -- one of my favourites for sure!!
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:13 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by NewsBruin
UPDATE: The ICSF reservations manager called me, after requesting my number in an e-mail. He apologized for the mix-up and said he was unaware that the floors were listed in the price tiers. He hoped I had a good stay and sent an e-mail confirming a good upgrade the next time I stayed at the ICSF.

That is good service. I don't think the upcoming upgrade is a huge deal, as that's what I was offered when I emailed the hotel before the stay. What I do like was that he took the initative to call me and was interested that I had a good stay without trying to rush me off the phone. I'm having the opposite results from the Portland Crowne Plaza, and so this guy wins points just from his willingness alone.

I liked all other aspects of my one-night stay, so I was not ticked to begin with. The staff helped me find a lost item today and has shipped it to my house. I like this place and will return here the next time I'm staying in S.F.
Good for you for following up. I lost a whole lot more than 2 floors having booked a King Exec (23rd floor) and then ending up in a Junior Suite (?) on floor 15. That seriously downgraded the view but I didn't bother to complain as I was only there for 1 night.

There were some other aspects that bothered me more: The bath plug didn't seal and because it's a fancy built in job I couldn't use the trusty spare that I carry around the world with me. (It's amazing how many places have no/defective plugs in baths and basins.) And one bath towel had a big tear in it! The concierge desk bordered on the hostile. There seemed to be a lot of convention delegates among the guests and they appear to have tried the patience of the concierge staff. But that's no excuse for their snippy responses to quite ordinary requests for information.

But I got club access (presumably as a first time Amb visitor) and was very pleased with the offerings there - especially the delicious lamb cutlets in the evening. I was surprised how small the club is although on both occasions that I used it there were only a couple of other people there.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Well I have just booked the cheapest of the cheap 2 bed standard room for $188+Tax for 8/3-8/5 so will post back with what RA upgrade I get and if I get lounge access.

No point booking a higher class as with my Father so best 2 bed upgrade would be to the 2 bed superior room so this will do us fine.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My brother is at the IC SF right now and raving about the place. He got what seems to be a standard RA upgrade (club and jnr. suite), and has been extremely impressed by the service and club.^
Old Jul 18, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Can you find out what room type he booked and if it was advance or flexible rate?

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
My brother is at the IC SF right now and raving about the place. He got what seems to be a standard RA upgrade (club and jnr. suite), and has been extremely impressed by the service and club.^
Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aerotec
Can you find out what room type he booked and if it was advance or flexible rate?
I booked it for him. Most basic room on an advanced purchase rate.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:24 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/542; U; en))

Anyone else will be around the 22nd ofjuly to meet up?
Also its powell st on bart, correct?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:28 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/542; U; en))

Anyone else will be around the 22nd ofjuly to meet up?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jason8612
I would get off at Montgomery and walk back a long block, then over (to the left). From Powell Station, it's ~3 long blocks forward, then over (to the right).

I hope that makes sense.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I'm (t)here at the moment and got off BART at Powell - max 5 minute walk from the station (providing you use the right exit). Superb hotel - booked regular room, and received upgrade to corner room (called Junior Suite) + club access.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 1:25 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by davidw70
I'm (t)here at the moment and got off BART at Powell - max 5 minute walk from the station (providing you use the right exit). Superb hotel - booked regular room, and received upgrade to corner room (called Junior Suite) + club access.
Thanks for the info about the BART !! ^
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Booked a Jr. Suite by middle of August, best flex, as a first stay will I receive free Club?? also the upgrade should be no less than a Suite for ambassadors... any recent coment will be appreciated, many thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:12 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Juliusgg
Booked a Jr. Suite by middle of August, best flex, as a first stay will I receive free Club?? also the upgrade should be no less than a Suite for ambassadors... any recent coment will be appreciated, many thanks!
Ambassdors generally do not receive suite upgrades. Suites are typically reserved for the Royal Amabassadors. However, since you are paying for a Jr. Suite, you may recevie an upgrade to a better suite.

You wil likely get free club if this is your first visit to this new hotel. They are running a promo through early September for first time guests. After this promotion ends, you will have to pay for club access. This is also true for Royal Ambassadors.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:05 am

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
As was mentioned before, you'll do better to not bring a car to the hotel (or anywhere in downtown SF), unless you plan on doing heavier shopping than you can carry a reasonable distance.

If you're coming from the airport, take the BART train to the Powell station. It's a 30-45 minute ride that runs frequently enough to not be inconvenient, and the scenery is a great "Welcome to San Francisco."

If you're going to be travelling within the downtown area, get a Muni (trolley and bus) pass and route guide at the Powell St. Station. The famous cable cars are $5/ride, so that $11/day pass can pay off quickly, and it makes you more likely to take chances when you're travelling.

One catch about taking the BART train is that its Sunday schedule doesn't start until 0800, which makes it risky if you have a flight departing from SFO before noon on Sundays. Two years ago, I took a city/county bus to get there for a 0600 flight, and I felt like a big ol' target, standing out on a Mission Street corner with my suitcase for 30 minutes at 0530, because I was too cheap to spring for a taxi.

If you don't mind going up and down big hills or waiting for a trolley/bus, downtown SF is easy to navigate by foot.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:38 pm

I am currently at the Intercontinental for the weekend. I have ambassador status and booked a Jr. Suite with a flexible rate. I arrived at 12:30 PM to the ambassador check in and was told the room was not yet available. Inquired about any upgrades but was told the property was booked and the only jr suite available was on the 10th floor. I was told to come back at 3:00 PM for check in. Returned at 4:00 PM and again inquired about any upgrades. I was again told there were no upgrades available, I was offered a regular room on the 33rd floor or keep the jr suite on the 10th. (no credit in rate would be given) I opted for the jr suite. The view is lousy, I can see the roof of the spa and the building next to the hotel, I thought the whole purpose of the ambassador program was early check in and preferencial rooms

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.