Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA-MM/Ex1K/GS; AA-EXP; IHG-Plat/ExRA; HiltonGold; *WoodGold; HyattPlat; BW-Dmd; MarriottGold; LoveU2
SFO-IC-Berkeley Transport: Take BART

Why don't you take BART to/from SFO and also into Berkeley? Even if your final Berkeley destination should be some blocks away from the BART station there, just take a cab from the station across the Bay. This should save you a bundle in gas, rental and/or cab charges.

The BART Powell Street Station is less than 10 minutes walk from the IC.

Last edited by EuroUA1k; Jun 10, 2008 at 4:21 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 10, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by EuroUA1k
Why don't you take BART to/from SFO and also into Berkeley? Even if your final Berkeley destination should be some blocks away from the BART station there, just take a cab from the station across the Bay. This should save you a bundle in gas, rental and/or cab charges.

Thank you! ^
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor

One more question...Do you know how safe the area is just before midnight?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: UA-MM/Ex1K/GS; AA-EXP; IHG-Plat/ExRA; HiltonGold; *WoodGold; HyattPlat; BW-Dmd; MarriottGold; LoveU2
IC-SF Safety

You should be fine. There may be the occasional Street Person along the way, but nothing "dangerous" or "scary".

As long as you come/go from Market Street and don't venture away into the darker streets south/west of 888 Howard Street (where the IC is located) you should be fine. Just stay on main roads like 5th Street and don't use the tiny side streets after darkness when alone.

A question to you and other RA's here on the Forum:

Do you know anyone/any way of finding someone with a RA nomination/invite?
I'm still trying hard to "convert" myself, as I have just recently "discovered" the great advantages of the PC/IC Combination Membership.. Thanks

Last edited by EuroUA1k; Jun 11, 2008 at 9:01 am Reason: spelling/context
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: dl plat
For those asking about rental, there is a Budget location directly across the street.

While I agree with most that it makes sense to use public transportation around SF, if you do want to park I suggest using one of the parking inclusive rates. I had a rate that included parking and breakfast and found it to be an excellent deal.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
You should be fine. There may be the occasional Street Person along the way, but nothing "dangerous" or "scary".

As long as you come/go from Market Street and don't venture away into the darker streets south/west of 888 Howard Street (where the IC is located) you should be fine. Just stay on main roads like 5th Street and don't use the tiny side streets after darkness when alone.
Market is generally OK, shoo away the bums, who somehow feel empowered to ask you for money and can be indignant if you refuse. You have more of them on Mission Street. I was walking around at 2 am and it seemed OK. Especially if there is a big convention in town you'll have lots of people.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:10 pm

A question to you and other RA's here on the Forum:

Do you know anyone/any way of finding someone with a RA nomination/invite?
I'm still trying hard to "convert" myself, as I have just recently "discovered" the great advantages of the PC/IC Combination Membership.. Thanks
Thank you for all the info.

I would check "Coupon Connection" for RA referrals.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:58 pm

Completed my two night stay at the IC SF. Booked a king superior and was upgraded to the terrace suite on the 31st floor overlooking the Bay and city. The view was spectacular!

Club lounge access was granted using the post card promo received in the mail. And the lounge does have free WiFi. Decent breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day.

Fruit and water as RA welcome gift along with 20% off coupons for the IC SPA. Free in room movie and mini-bar as part of the RA benefit. No question was asked during check out and no additional charges appeared on my bill! ^

Will return here again in September!

I wonder if they will grant club access again for RA's without the promo coupon?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:15 am

Just completed a 2 night stay as well and was pleased to get upgraded to a one bedroom suite, although the previous poster got luckier with the Terrace suite! Congrats! Anyway, here are some photos of the room and views from the room:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southbo...7606042435224/
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
I have slightly mixed reaction with my stay.

I like the interior and decor. Large-screen TV made the free HD movie on demand great. The wraparound view (to the north and west) was wonderful. Bed was cushy. Took 2 tries to learn the quasi-pod coffeemaker. Would have been nice to be told what my PCP upgrade was, but no biggie.

My only pan: I also got upgraded from prepaid deluxe (floors 25-30) to a King Executive room (floor 23). Since I "lost" 2 floors and a price tier for a large corner room, I consider it a "sideways-grade." I did not have the e-mails from the reservations manager at check-in, and if I had, I would have pointed it out. When I looked online, my PC.com reservation was unavailable, so I couldn't point it out until I re-checked my e-mails this afternoon.

I know I got a larger room and a great view, but I don't consider this a "real" upgrade for my price tier. I've sent an informative e-mail to the RM, and I'll give him first crack at it.

What would the more experienced posters suggest about this incident? I stayed one night there and had a good time; I'm not stewing on this for weeks on end. Still, I don't think I got what I paid for, and if there had been a reason why I had been dropped lower (all the upgradeable rooms were taken), I wish I would have been told in advance.

Last edited by NewsBruin; Jul 13, 2008 at 9:08 pm
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
@NewsBruin: Your profile identifies you as PC Platinum only. I never scored big upgrades at IC hotels based on PC Platinum....
Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: All of the above
I am now an RA,however have always received great upgrades when Platinum. Looking forward to more RA reservations.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
UPDATE: The ICSF reservations manager called me, after requesting my number in an e-mail. He apologized for the mix-up and said he was unaware that the floors were listed in the price tiers. He hoped I had a good stay and sent an e-mail confirming a good upgrade the next time I stayed at the ICSF.

That is good service. I don't think the upcoming upgrade is a huge deal, as that's what I was offered when I emailed the hotel before the stay. What I do like was that he took the initative to call me and was interested that I had a good stay without trying to rush me off the phone. I'm having the opposite results from the Portland Crowne Plaza, and so this guy wins points just from his willingness alone.

I liked all other aspects of my one-night stay, so I was not ticked to begin with. The staff helped me find a lost item today and has shipped it to my house. I like this place and will return here the next time I'm staying in S.F.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:37 pm

Has anyone here been granted club access as an RA, but without the promo coupon?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Motion122
Has anyone here been granted club access as an RA, but without the promo coupon?
Most RA's have reported receiving club access, even without the coupon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.