IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 15, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The only problem with the "robotic" minibars is that they don't usually restock them daily because they don't have to manually go through what has been consumed.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:54 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
The Club is not worth the $80 upsell or $100 difference in rates.
I agree. Next time, we will likely book the club rate for the additional $100 and use a BOGO to reduce the cost of the club to $50 night.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
IC San Francisco recomendations

I have a booking for next weekend, I have 1 King IC Club, should I book 1 Jr. Suite in order to get better upgrade than from the 1 Kung IC Club? Any suggestions? Should I book 1 Jr. Suite to be upgraded to a full Suite? Actually Jr Suite price is cheaper that 1 King IC Club.

Thanks,
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: chicks
Savage25 I got the same offer as well. I think the op who got the upgrade to club on a basic rate me thhinks this hotel is having occupancy issues. I like how it says on the t and c's a copy of the cert.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: chicks
I made a res and got confirmed from standard to club suite . They must be desperate.^
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg
Savage25 I got the same offer as well. I think the op who got the upgrade to club on a basic rate me thhinks this hotel is having occupancy issues. I like how it says on the t and c's a copy of the cert.
This is a brand new hotel that just opened. I would imagine that they are still going through the soft opening process.

Also the weekend rates in San Francisco have always been very competitive due to abundance of quality hotels.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:48 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by holtju2
This is a brand new hotel that just opened. I would imagine that they are still going through the soft opening process.

Also the weekend rates in San Francisco have always been very competitive due to abundance of quality hotels.
Plus, this particular hotel's audience is convention-goers, who tend to stay during the week. I suspect that this hotel will very frequently have low weekend occupancy and rates.

Now if only the Mark Hopkins would bring back the $129 weekend rates....
Old Mar 17, 2008, 9:47 pm

>I just got a snail mail postcard...nearly threw it
>out thinking it was junk mail.

The postcard i received was offered as "Exclusive for Intercontinental Ambassadors" --- Complimentary upgrade to Club Intercontinental with purchase of room night.

Club features the ff amenities:
F&B presentations
*Free* internet access
Plus
Free drink at Bar 888 (< $15)

availability is 1 March-2 September 2008.

*fine print --> guest must present copy of the postcard upon check-in. upgrade is based on availability at checkin(bah! ;-)
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:17 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FT4vr
>I just got a snail mail postcard...nearly threw it
>out thinking it was junk mail.

The postcard i received was offered as "Exclusive for Intercontinental Ambassadors" --- Complimentary upgrade to Club Intercontinental with purchase of room night.

Club features the ff amenities:
F&B presentations
*Free* internet access
Plus
Free drink at Bar 888 (< $15)

availability is 1 March-2 September 2008.

*fine print --> guest must present copy of the postcard upon check-in. upgrade is based on availability at checkin(bah! ;-)
I just got this postcard today too. Great, now I have two of them - don't think I can manage two stays by September.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone care to guess who they're targeting with these postcards?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
My data points:
1. PC RA
2. An existing reservation at the new SF IC
3. Don't live in CA - and have never stayed in a CA IC

Got it today and, like others, thought it was junk mail -- except I'd read about it here!

Last edited by Nosmo King; Mar 18, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:51 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nosmo King
My data points:
1. PC RA
2. An existing reservation at the new SF IC
3. Don't live in CA

Got it today and, like others, thought it was junk mail -- except I'd read about it here!
Here are mine to add to that:

1. PC RA
3. Don't live in CA
4. Had several stays at the IC Mark Hopkins over the last couple of years.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:49 pm

i rcvd the Ambassador postcard but not the PC postcard.

Here are my data points:

1. Amb/Plat
2. CA Resident
3. Never stayed in an ICHG in the Bay area
4. less than 15 IC nights last year (IC SIN and IC MNL)

to summarize, i'm a nobody ;-)
Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Not me, though I suspect it takes another week to make it up here to Canada so I may yet receive one or both before I leave next Thursday for my stay down there.

I did receive a similar card when the IC Boston opened, and I have stayed at the Mark Hopkins, and I don't live in California...
Old Mar 18, 2008, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
So far, so good...

After getting the postcard offering club access, I switched from a King IC Club to a King Exec ($30ish less per night) and sent an e-mail to the hotel asking about early check-in and their RA upgrade possibilities. Got a quick response:

Good evening, Mr. King

First of all we wanted to thank you for choosing our property. We are more than happy to arrange a room if your designated room is not available upon your arrival. Also we have upgraded you to a suite with club access. Please let us know if you need any transportation assistance from the air port. We are looking forward to host you in April.

Regards,
<name here>
Guest Relations Manager

Sure enough my reservation now shows a Jr Suite. Maybe a little sweet talking at check-in will get a King Suite instead!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.