Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Old Jun 1, 15, 1:33 am

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa-Anderson Rd/Veterans Exp

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa-Anderson Rd/Veterans Exp

What is your IHG/Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Suite, received the same.

How are the rooms?
No complaints about the room. It was very HIX-esque, and there was plenty of space to stretch out, relax, and work. The hotel was pretty full during my stay, but I never heard much noise coming from the hallway or through the walls.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good

- All-around nice property in a business-oriented area.
- There are a number of different restaurants within a few minutes of the property.

Bad
- Breakfast was pretty bland. It didnít deviate from normal HIX fare, but it was slightly less appealing than normal to me.
- A front desk agent was rude when my partner went down to ask for extra toiletries. After my partner explained that we chose not to have the room serviced that day because I was in there working, the desk agent firmly let her know that we really need to have the room cleaned daily. I thought we came across as pretty presentable, but apparently not?
- The location is very far from most popular destinations in Tampa and the surrounding cities.

Value for $ or IHG Points? Would you return?
This was a PointBreaks stay, so it was definitely a good value. If it goes on PB again, Iíll stay there. Otherwise I canít see myself needing to be in that area, and there are plenty of comparably priced IHG hotels in much better locations around Tampa.
Old Jun 1, 15, 8:05 am

Crowne Plaza - Seattle Downtown

Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Executive King, received the same

- How are the rooms?
Large for a city centre hotel. The view though was amazing - my room was on the 34th (top) floor, overlooking downtown Seattle. The view encompassed the Puget Sound, the Space Needle, various skyscrapers and with mountains in the background. For a city hotel you really couldn't ask for more.

- How is the exec. lounge?
Small - larger than a bedroom but not by that much. At 6 PM on a Friday there was a bowl of cookies on offer and some bottles of mineral water - everything else was locked away. (To be fair it's only advertised as being open on Mondays to Thursdays in the evening).
At breakfast time there's a varied buffet of eggs, bread, fruit, fruit juices, cereal and more. It's very popular and gets crowded!

- What was good and what was bad?
Good - offered drinks vouchers and welcome points. Very friendly staff with a good memory for names and numbers!
Bad - nothing of note

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It's expensive but it's worth it IMO - it's definitely better than the nearby Hilton I stayed at last time I was Seattle!

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 15 at 8:33 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old Jun 1, 15, 12:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Hotel Indigo London Paddington

Hotel Indigo Paddington

Gold

Yes, very

Booked standard room (queen bed) on points and got that

What was your welcome gift?
Choice between a drink at the bar or 400 bonus points

How are the rooms?
The rooms are, due to the situation in an old building, quite small and storage space is strictly restricted (to about half a closet). However, the rooms are very well appointed and make very good use of the limited space. The entire hotel features a Fibonacci theme (a bit freaky) with snail shells on the walls.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
- very convenient location directly outside Paddington station
- friendly staff, nice rooms
- free mini bar with soft drinks, nespresso coffee and small snacks

Bad
- well, nothing really. Maybe except for the small and slow elevator

At 45'000 points, this hotel isn't exactly cheap, but it's very well worth the price.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 15 at 8:34 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old Jun 1, 15, 12:45 pm

CP Hongkong Causeway Bay

Crowne Plaza Hongkong Causeway Bay

Gold

Yes

Booked a racecourse view room and received that

One bar voucher (wine/beer/softs) per person

How are the rooms?
This has already been my third stay in this hotel, and the rooms are still very clean and don't show any wear or tear. They are spacious, with an equally spacious bathroom and a number of useful amenities (power adaptor, umbrella, exhaustive selection of bathroom amenities). There really isn't much left to be desired.

How is the exec. lounge?
There's no dedicated lounge, however, executive guests (which are called "Crowne Privilege" here) receive free drinks in the hotel bar.

Good
- This is still an outstanding CP property
- very good breakfast selection (be sure to book the breakfast with your room rate)
- daily turndown service is provided without the need to request it
- great open-air bar area on the 27th floor

Bad
- the lobby has a very strange smell to it (fortunately, the corridors and rooms don't smell)

I have already been returning the third time, and would return again without hesitation. This is definitely the best CP I've discovered so far. Room rates are not really cheap, but they're worth every HKD.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 15 at 8:34 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old Jun 1, 15, 12:56 pm

HI Beijing Downtown (Beilishilu)

HI Beijing Downtown (Beilishilu)

Gold

Well, in the end, probably yes

Booked an executive suite and received that

One bar voucher (wine/beer/softs) per person

How are the rooms?
The HI PEK Downtown is a very typical HI, and so are the rooms. They feature a slightly dusty 90's decor which isn't really beautiful and looks a bit worn. The size is perfectly fine, but everything else is quite average. We had a bubble tub in our bathroom, but the jets emitted strange black particles, so we decided not to use it.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge is a complete failure. They advertise a "happy hour" between 6pm and 8pm where "premium spirits" should be served, but actually, choices were limited to soft drinks, beer and wine. Food offerings included some sad-looking foil-wrapped inedible "things" that we skipped, and during our only visit to the lounge we were the only guests, being supervised by an extremely bored attendant. They really should abolish the lounge, as it is extremely embarrassing. Breakfast for exec guests is served in the main restaurant.

Good
- extensive breakfast buffet with a large selection of chinese items like century eggs and stinky tofu (continental options are, of course, also available)
- free minibar (soft drinks) for executive rooms
- very convenient location to the next subway station (esp. for Beijing standards)

Bad
- the rooms and corridors really need a refurbishment
- the executive lounge is a complete failure
- they charged my CC using DCC without giving me a choice

Well, room rates are quite low compared to western standards (but that's not restricted to this hotel), and the value for money is acceptable. If I need a hotel with an excellent transport connection, I would probably return, otherwise, I'd choose the HI Central Plaza for my next stay.

Old Jun 2, 15, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA, Icelandair, IHG Spire Elite
Holiday Inn and Express Suites Pasco, Washington

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco, WA

Platinum Elite

Yes

Booked Double Queen, upgraded to Executive Suite on 3rd floor.

How are the rooms?
Very pleasant stay. Really nice to have the additional room with a sofa, table and chairs, desk and small kitchenette. We were next to the elevator, but really did not hear it except the occasional 'bong'

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
- Nice HIX experience. The hotel was pretty full, but really never felt crowded or noisy
- Breakfast was kept well stocked. (I have to ask why some people feel the need to pile their plate up as much as possible, then throw out what they obviously couldn't finish )

Bad
- located in a rather nondescript area. Great if you are accessing the TRAC center, but otherwise you have to drive to the riverside parks or decent restaurants
- room service came at 8.30am. Asked them to come later, but they never did. No problem with us though and we didn't complain.

Yes - though I am not sure when I will be in Pasco next!
Old Jun 3, 15, 2:58 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
HIX Augsburg

Platunum Elite
Yes, very!
Double bed with Sofa Bed - rec'd the same.
- How are the rooms?
Good size, no crampy feel. Very recently updated - the entire property looks modern and fresh. Nice big bathroom.
N/A
Parking very convenient to hotel. Really fast elevators. Friendly, professional desk staff. Great breakfast. Nothing really bad to report.

Average. Location is not city center. Would still return, however.
Old Jun 3, 15, 3:09 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Crowne Plaza Salzburg

Platinum Elite
Absolutely. It was our wedding anniversary. We had a fruit plate waiting in the room for us, and found out the the entirety of the minibar had been comped.
Suite with City view - rec'd the same.
- How are the rooms?
Our suite was HUGE. You could roller skate in there. Wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling glass with blackout and whiteout. Separate rooms for a) bathroom/bidet and b) shower/tub/dual sink. Shower had either adjustable sprayer head or waterfall. Upgraded amenities. Fold-flat or tilt-out flat screen. Floor track lighting, lot of glass and mirrors.
N/A
Good
Great desk staff - remember you by name. Comped our valet parking and threw a little bottle of water (w/ CP tag "enjoy your journey") in the drink holder. Huge room. Great updated look. Great location. Onsite restaurant was delicious and reasonably priced by Austrian standards. Felt like everyone really went out of their way to ensure we had a good stay.

Bad
Parking poorly marked. Front desk said no reservation required at upstairs skybar restaurant, but when we showed up, all the good tables were full. Waitress somewhat rude when we explained this (not sure if she was IHG employee though).
Definitely would. Location + room + amenities + great on-site restaurant.
Old Jun 5, 15, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT +, Hilton Diamond
HIX and Suites Mount Arlington, NJ

Platinum Elite
YES
This was an interesting issue, I used my free CC voucher for one night (standard room), the 2nd night I used points and reserved a King Bed, suite (the only room I was allowed to book with points) I had the Kinf Bed suite the whole stay.
- How are the rooms?
Standard room for HIX suite, was perfect for my needs
N/A
Good

Room size and location, right off I-80, room was clean and comfotable.

Bad

Breakfast wasn't up to the standard of HIX,

Definitely would. For a completely free stay and recieved 1000points for checking in twice (500 each time.)
Old Jun 10, 15, 4:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Candlewood Suites, Grand Junction, Colorado

Candlewood Suites, Grand Junction, Colorado

Gold Elite

Yes

Booked two queen beds, got the same

- How are the rooms?

Generally well-kept- newer furnishings and very clean. It's a once a week housekeeping concept, and I'd guess you'd get about four days before you wanted to swap towels and get additional tissue from the front desk. Since we had a two night stay, it worked well.

N/A

Good-
Clean, good service
Was offered welcome gift without having to ask for it- employees we interacted with were generally competend and friendly
decent bed and pillows; towels were slightly better than I'd expect for this type of hotel

Bad-
slow internet to the point of being useless at night
housekeeping didn't empty dishwasher after previous guests, leaving me to hunt for plates that should have been in the cupboard

$130 a night seemed a little expensive at first, but after some research, every hotel in town was going for 20-30% more than usual because of multiple special events (Junior College World Series Baseball and a largish multi-event cycling competiton*) The Holiday Inn Express across the street, 15K a night on points, was going for $170+ tax for a refundable reservation. So a decent value considering circumstances.

* (We stumbled across the Subaru Adventure Team booth at the bike expo, and because I could show my Outback key to them, at least I got about $60 worth of nice Subaru owner's schwag back because of the special event stuff.)

Would stay there again if I'm back in the area and it's cheaper than the HIX option.
Old Jun 10, 15, 5:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Holiday Inn Express, Gunnison, Colorado

Holiday Inn Express, Gunnison, Colorado

Gold Elite

Yes

Booked two bed reward stay, got same. They offer a 'mountain view' upgrade, but it's IMO not really worth it since it's a part of Colorado that just about any room will have a mountain view.

- How are the rooms?

Standard American HIX room in good condition with decent linens and pillows

NA

Good-
Generally comfortable room of ample size
Property is well-kept
Great breakfast crew that wants to make sure you get all you want and more. If you want to take a plate back to your room, they'll shrink wrap it for you to prevent spillage
Far better wifi than the Candlewood Grand Junction
Really excellent water pressure

Bad-
Had to ask for welcome amenity
Slightly further from Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP than we realized but that's our fault. The HIX in Montrose is much closer if you're headed to that park.

15K for a room listed at $129+ tax in the off season for the town (no skiers, Western State is out for the summer and not quite summer visitors yet) ends up being around a penny a point, so call it a good redemption value.

Note- the Sherpa Cafe about a block west of the hotel is a really nice example of the Nepali-Indian restaurants that seem to be common in a lot of Colorado mountain towns. Loved our meals there.
Old Jun 10, 15, 10:13 pm

Candlewood Suites Fort Collins

Candlewood Suites Fort Collins

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Studio Suite 1 King Nonsmoke, received the same

How are the rooms?
Spacious, with a large, wrap-around desk with plenty of space for working. Bathroom was also roomy, and the bed was super comfortable. Hotel is brand new so everything was in perfect condition.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good

- Late-night flight out of Denver was delayed and then cancelled at 4am with the next not until 11pm. Decided to spend the extra day visiting a friend in Fort Collins and booked this hotel for a day room to grab a few hours of sleep and clean up at some point. Got there at around 6am, explained the situation to the desk agent, and asked what time I could check in, expecting to have to come back later on. Was pleasantly surprised when the desk agent let us check in then.
- Laundry room was not only free, but also offered free laundry soap.

Bad
- Very short stay, but no complaints that I can think of.

Positively. Book on PointBreaks, so no question there. At the regular 15k points, this hotel is a great deal anyways. Had a cash stay a few days prior which I cancelled to stay with my friend, but I would have been satisfied at the cash price as well.
Old Jun 11, 15, 12:47 pm

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Staybridge Suites Times Square, New York City, U.S.

Staybridge Suites Times Square, New York City, U.S.

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Yes, very happy

Standard suite on points. I think I received some of upgrade as it was 2 big beds on second highest floor (31) with view towards North (not much to see though, but better than no view). I did ask a high floor room in the reservation, but did not mention anything at check-in. Had to wait 15mins, but took the "evening reception" at 6.30pm kinda last minute so they were starting to empty and clean off stuff.

How are the rooms?
For NYC, rooms were OK size and quite according to how they look on their website. Generally clean and good. Bathroom shower is rather small though and it hits you to open the shower and wait for the initial cold rain to warm up
We did not use the kitchenette but it seemed well equipped with everything you need. Fridge too.
A/C was very noisy, so we turned it off completely as the weather happened to be comfortable and not too hot.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good: Plat treatment, I think. I did not remember I had commented on reservation that we are celebrating 15y wedding anniversary during our trip, and therefore I was surprised they had later sent us a bottle of wine and chocolate together with a note!
We could store our bags after check-out.
Bad: Nothing in general. The breakfast room is rather small and makes it crowded and I prefer tables as opposed to the sofa/sofatable combo they have.
Location is OK for midtown but otherwise I would split to other locations too if staying longer. Easy to reach from airports too.
Never visited the Gym even if I was plannign to do a workout so cannot really comment on that.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I would definitely return, this was my first SBS stay and I very much like the concept, it is all I need and no unneeded extras wasted.
Given the crazy prices in NYC, 35kpts redemption certainly good value.
Old Jun 18, 15, 12:54 pm

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace

Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked cheapest advance rate with breakfast, and received an Executive room with botanic garden view.

How are the rooms?
Around 25 sqm
Elegantly design
Comfortable bed.
Small but elegant bathroom with bathtub.
Flat TV with massive selection of international channels
Senseo coffee machine
Fast wifi
Very quiet

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Convenient location, next to Rogier metro station (direct line from Midi train station)
- Very good breakfast
- Very friendly staff

Bad:
- Nothing

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 18, 15 at 1:27 pm Reason: added the name of property to post instead of post title only
Old Jun 22, 15, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA, Icelandair, IHG Spire Elite
Holiday Inn Express O Fallon St Louis Missouri

Holiday Inn Express O Fallon St Louis Missouri

Platinum Elite

No

Booked Double Queen-received same

How are the rooms?
General HI decor. Noisy air conditioner.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
- Good location
- Polite breakfast staff

Bad
- Hotel is in the middle of a renovation. Greeted by drywall at the front entrance. Thought we had the wrong door.
- Felt we were staying in a building site, yet paid normal rates
- No whirlpool, though mentioned on website
- No lobby or seating area; breakfast room very cramped

Not until renovation is complete. Unacceptable to keep the hotel open during this renovation

Search this Thread
Search Engine: