Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mercruiser
Hotel Contact Information

phone: 689 40 865110
e-mail: [email protected]

Self service laundry facilities (washer and dryer) are located near rooms 226, 259, 290, and 508. Use of the machines is free. The gift shop sells laundry detergent.

Breakfast options include (prices current as of Nov 2015):
Full buffet: 3912 XPF
Cold buffet: 3210 XPF
Express (beverages, fruit juice, and Danish pastries): 1500 XPF
Sunday Tahitian Brunch: 5900 XPF
A coupon for 50% discount on buffet breakfast is available to Ambassador members. Ask for it at check in.

Polynesian culture shows:
Dinner: 7:00 pm, 7400 XPF (Nov 2015)
Show: 8:30 pm
Wednesday: Marquesas Night - "Discover the legends and powerful Marquesas Islands dances with impressive group warriors."
Friday: Soirée Merveilleuse - "Les Grand Ballets de Tahiti presents their famous revue."

Transportation (provided by IC "Transfer Options, Effective 2015")
Airport Taxi: 1500 XPF + 100 XPF per piece of luggage (2.2 km)
Hotel shuttle to downtown: 500 XPF per person, each way; leaves hotel at 0900, 1100, 1400, 1600. Returns 1130, 1430, and 1630
Taxi to ferry/cruise terminal: 1700 XFP + 100 XPF per piece of luggage (8.3 km)
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Tahiti Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
So it looks like Intercontinental Tahiti is undergoing renovation starting April 1st, during this period, standard, garden, and lagoon view rooms will not be available in cash.

Because standard rooms are not available by cash rate, it seems like award rooms are not available at all now for any date after April 1st, which is against IHG terms and conditions of making 5% of lowest room type available on award nights.
We just returned from an award stay during the first week of April. Room was reserved a few months ago.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I was at this resort yesterday as part of their "convenient package", which included transfers from the ferry to the resort, luggage storage, transit room (shower) access, pool access and three course dinner for two, along with transfer to airport. This was offered from 3-10pm which was a good value at about $170 USD all in. Resort seemed much nicer than the IC Moorea, which I stayed at the night prior. Don't think I'd return to IC Moorea, or probably Moorea in general, seemed too much like Kauai on first glance.
Rifleman69 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
So it looks like Intercontinental Tahiti is undergoing renovation starting April 1st, during this period, standard, garden, and lagoon view rooms will not be available in cash.

Because standard rooms are not available by cash rate, it seems like award rooms are not available at all now for any date after April 1st, which is against IHG terms and conditions of making 5% of lowest room type available on award nights.

How do we bring this up to IHG? If standard rooms are no longer available by cash or award during renovation, shouldn't they make next lowest available room type available on award points (superior garden view rooms).
My TA called yesterday to let me know that the bungalow we had reserved for November will not be available as construction will not be completed on schedule. We're now in a Panoramic Lagoon view room. Should I press for something else? Major bummer, this was a bucket list item.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by milepig
My TA called yesterday to let me know that the bungalow we had reserved for November will not be available as construction will not be completed on schedule. We're now in a Panoramic Lagoon view room. Should I press for something else? Major bummer, this was a bucket list item.
I recently came back from Tahiti and stayed there - honestly the overwater bungalows there weren't that impressive looking, and we were actually quite happy in the garden rooms which were more private.

For overwater the ones at Sofitel (Moorea) or Moana (IHG) looked better. But even at IHG Moana i actually preferred staying at the beach bungalow since they were a bit more private than the overwaters.
Rifleman69 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently came back from Tahiti and stayed there - honestly the overwater bungalows there weren't that impressive looking, and we were actually quite happy in the garden rooms which were more private.

For overwater the ones at Sofitel (Moorea) or Moana (IHG) looked better. But even at IHG Moana i actually preferred staying at the beach bungalow since they were a bit more private than the overwaters.
Sadly, Moorea and Moana don’t work for us. We have 2 nights before a cruise and arrive at 11pm the first night. Making the trip to either both not possible or advisable as we’ll have been enroute for 18 hours. So one night Papeete and then another joureyl for a single night. Nah. The bungalows at the Meredien are also out of commission during the same period. So that leaves us with “what’s the best option at the IC”.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:25 pm

Had a great 3 day stay in the nicer of the OWBs that was just remodeled, it was beautiful. The other big cluster of OWBs did not have a deck facing the sunset, seemed not as exciting to be on that side.

We never went in the water from the room, but it was pretty. The food was much better than the Le Moana.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:54 am

Any recent points stay upgrade stories? We are staying a night next Saturday and again on August 7th on points.

Curious if anyone else has booked on points and been upgraded. Was it before your arrival or at check-in?

Thanks
Dave
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig
to add to the mystery, we’re still showing in the system as being in a bungalow.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm thinking of booking a two night stay here before a cruise in March, using an Ambassador free weekend night certificate, so the second night will be free. The base room, King Bed Garden View room is 35000 XPF plus taxes at the ambassador rate.

The Panoramic Lagoon View is 52000 XPF plus taxes.

Is the proper strategy to book the Panoramic Lagoon view room for the extra 17000 XPF (roughly $85 per night) so that I'd get a guaranteed upgrade to an overwater bungalow? Or should I just book the base room, or something in between?

Last edited by jphripjah; Sep 22, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I'm thinking of booking a two night stay here before a cruise in March, using an Ambassador free weekend night certificate, so the second night will be free. The base room, King Bed Garden View room is 35000 XPF plus taxes at the ambassador rate.

The Panoramic Lagoon View is 52000 XPF plus taxes.

Is the proper strategy to book the Panoramic Lagoon view room for the extra 17000 XPF (roughly $85 per night) so that I'd get a guaranteed upgrade to an overwater bungalow? Or should I just book the base room, or something in between?
You ‘may’ get upgraded. I don’t believe they ‘have’ to, with the free night cert. Kind of ridiculous since as an Ambassador you are entitled to a free upgrade with paid bookings. Mixed with the fact that your one paid night of the cert is grossly overpriced.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Yes, that's how it works and we have done that a few times. While it is nice to have an overwater bungalow there, it is not really necessary. No one seems to go in the water there, it is not particularly appealing to swim around your OWB, which seems to be the whole point of having an OWB, and half of them are currently under renovation.

The standard rooms are very basic and not worth it in my opinion. On our last trip we went to the Meridien for the first time. Reviews are not good there, so we were very hesitant, but we liked it better than the Intercontinental. We had a great time there, we had no issues at all and the normal rooms are much nicer than those at the IC.
There is a beautiful pool and beach area, great to watch the sunset, we had dinner at the bar area while watching the excellent Friday night show, followed by live music.
Next time we'll probably pick the Meridien again over the IC.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

You ‘may’ get upgraded. I don’t believe they ‘have’ to, with the free night cert. Kind of ridiculous since as an Ambassador you are entitled to a free upgrade with paid bookings. Mixed with the fact that your one paid night of the cert is grossly overpriced.
I thought ICs don't have to upgrade with points bookings but they do with Ambassador weekend cert bookings. I could be wrong.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Yes, that's how it works and we have done that a few times. While it is nice to have an overwater bungalow there, it is not really necessary. No one seems to go in the water there, it is not particularly appealing to swim around your OWB, which seems to be the whole point of having an OWB, and half of them are currently under renovation.

The standard rooms are very basic and not worth it in my opinion. On our last trip we went to the Meridien for the first time. Reviews are not good there, so we were very hesitant, but we liked it better than the Intercontinental. We had a great time there, we had no issues at all and the normal rooms are much nicer than those at the IC.
There is a beautiful pool and beach area, great to watch the sunset, we had dinner at the bar area while watching the excellent Friday night show, followed by live music.
Next time we'll probably pick the Meridien again over the IC.
Thanks. I'll be taking a cruise to Pitcairn Island out of Mangareva, and I need to fly from Papeete to Mangareva. My plan is to visit the Cook Islands first, and the only flight from there to Papeete arrives 3 days before my cruise.

So my plan is two nights at the IC Tahiti (one night free) and one night at a cheaper hotel in the city of Papeete. Unless someone here has a better idea. I'll be traveling alone but meeting a friend on the Pitcairn cruise. I guess my question is how best to kill three nights in the area, arriving at 6 p.m. on day 1 and leaving at 7:45 am on day 4. Any advice appreciated.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:07 am

Hop on the ferry to Moorea.
Buzzman likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by 336
Hop on the ferry to Moorea.
Thanks, should I just do that as a day trip? In which case, given that I'm traveling solo and I arrive in the evening of Day 1, maybe I should eschew the pricey IC resort altogether and just stay somewhere in town, do the day trip to Moorea on day 2, spend day 3 in town, fly out for cruise early on day 4. Save the ambassador certificate for another property maybe. Not sure I want to be around a bunch of honeymooners and kids anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.