Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Seoul COEX (Master Thread) - will close for renovation July 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2004, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty

Must go to Seoul and wondering what the COEX IC is like? Any reports. It appears connected to the Grand IC but the prices are too high for my budget for the Grand. I will settle for the regular IC but I sure hope it is worth is!???
Old Jul 10, 2004, 4:37 am

Programs: SCC Royal Amb., Star Alliance Gold, Sky Partners Elite Silver
Fine hotel - rooms are not huge but clean and modern feeling (halogen lighting, etc). Lobby is big and airy. An underground mall connects the IC COEX with IC Grand - fine for walks and people watching, and has a/c so good this time of year. You would also walk through the mall to the subway (easy to use and cheap). There is no room variation, so if you are IC Ambassador or something you will not get an upgraded room (such rooms simply do not exist at the COEX - having said that. all rooms are perferfectly fine but not remarkable). You will not be disapointed. Hope that helps, have fun.

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Must go to Seoul and wondering what the COEX IC is like? Any reports. It appears connected to the Grand IC but the prices are too high for my budget for the Grand. I will settle for the regular IC but I sure hope it is worth is!???
Old Jul 10, 2004, 6:20 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Originally Posted by 100,000miler

There is -at least- already one thread on this subject, as I remind I participated (it should probably be 2004, march or april, in THIS forum)

Make a search, and you should find some more information.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 1:09 am

I think I wrote that before but just one word of caution.
I stayed at the Grand IC (dec 2002) so I don't know if this applies to COEX.
The booking was made through IC's website and the rate quoted was in USD. When I checked out, the rate was in KRW which was reconverted in USD at a terrible rate.

The result was that the amount charged in USD to my credit card was higher than the actual rate booked. After a few email exchanges, the rate was deducted but then the USD was stronger against the yen and I lost money all the same. I hope others don't get the same problem.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 7:40 pm

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Originally Posted by aleph08
I think I wrote that before but just one word of caution.
I stayed at the Grand IC (dec 2002) so I don't know if this applies to COEX.
The booking was made through IC's website and the rate quoted was in USD. When I checked out, the rate was in KRW which was reconverted in USD at a terrible rate.

The result was that the amount charged in USD to my credit card was higher than the actual rate booked. After a few email exchanges, the rate was deducted but then the USD was stronger against the yen and I lost money all the same. I hope others don't get the same problem.
I find that this happens often, especially in Korea and China, and several other places in South America.

The tip off seems to be when the rate is quoted in U$D, but the countries money is useless any where else.

IF you can exchange U$D for the local stuff at a better rate than the hotel uses for conversation, then do that and pay the bill in KRW or RMB, or whatever.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by lpeterman
I find that this happens often, especially in Korea and China, and several other places in South America.

The tip off seems to be when the rate is quoted in U$D, but the countries money is useless any where else.

IF you can exchange U$D for the local stuff at a better rate than the hotel uses for conversation, then do that and pay the bill in KRW or RMB, or whatever.

I assume I could also pay in US$ CASH so as to ensure I am getting the right rate on check out.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:16 pm

Programs: Platinum Ambassador
New upgrade policy at Coex IC Seoul

Hello

I have some update about new upgrade policy at Coex IC Seoul

as we all know Coex IC didn't give any room upgrades to Amb's and RA
due to limited number of suite.(for RA)

Ambassador members will be upgraded to Coex Floor room, which has upgraded in-room amenties and Free internet

for Royal Ambassador members, will also be upgraded to Coex Floor
and will enjoy Free Internet, Free breakfast, Free Sauna and 20% discount on F&B

Coex IC Seoul has finally decided to compensate with additional benefits for room upgrades.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news, it's about time!^ I stayed here before having any status, but now I would even consider returning with status...
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: Platinum Ambassador
with these new benefits for RA at Coex IC Seoul, I think it will be better than Grand IC Seoul.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
So why didn't you just add this to the original thread on this matter that you started two years ago to bring this to a close?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
COEX InterContinental Seoul, Explore the tastes of India! (source: Korea Newswire)

The COEX InterContinental's buffet restaurant, The Brasserie, will be presenting authentic Indian food prepared by three guest chefs from India with Shovan Das, the Indian chef of the COEX InterContinental Seoul.

Guests will be able to enjoy healthy and modern Indian dishes from May 1 through May 25. Those who love Indian food will be pleased to hear that chefs will be using healthy spices and preparing traditional Tandoori and curries for their dining pleasure. Indian cuisine is beloved the world over for its unique taste and Korea is no exception. The chefs have a plan to create Tandoori made with fish and seafood, spiced lamb, and healthy curries.

Guest chefs, Mr. Yogendra Singh Negi, Mr. Satish Kumar, Mr. Mohammed Yunus Khan and our chef, Shovan Das presents traditional North Indian lamb curry, Goan pickled hot prawn curry, barbequed boneless chicken marinated in yoghurt and spices. Of note is that the one of the unique lamb chop preparation barbequed in Tandoori (clay oven) and served with Indian corn chips, south Indian Papad or Raita which is whipped yoghurt with vegetables and three different style of Indian breads as accompaniment. In addition, guest will enjoy presentable Indian desserts including traditional pancakes with sugar syrup, fried bread soap with sugar syrup and condensed milk or Kheer which is cold rice pudding flavored with saffron and dried fruits.

The Brasserie buffet, known for its more than 150 kinds of dishes, will also be offering a varied selection of other foods, so even if you're not a fan of Indian cuisine there's plenty for you to enjoy. Lunch is W41,000, and dinner is W48,000 including VAT and service charges. 02-3430-8610

Intercontinental Seoul Hyunsook Kim 82-2-555-5656(hotel), 02-559-7752(direct) 82-19-552-9231(c.p)
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Enjoy A Delightful Children's Day at IC Seoul (source: Korea Newswire)

The Grand InterContinental Seoul's Grand Café will be featuring a Korean Culinary Buffet on May 5, 2008. This buffet is specially designed for families who want to celebrate Children's Day all together. One child (12 or younger) per family can enjoy their meal at the Grand Café on that special day at no charge. The price for the Korean Culinary Buffet is 55,000 won.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:48 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
COEX IC Trip Report

I stayed at the COEX IC Seoul last week as a regular Ambassador. I received free wireless Internet. It's not clear whether my floor was a special one, but I had nicer bedding and bath products compared to a (non-Ambassador) friend's room on a lower floor. I had, for example, Elemis soap and shampoo. Also, I don't think there was turn-down service, which included 2 pieces of chocolate daily, for standard rooms. Literature in the room said the sauna facilities were free to Ambassadors, but I was denied when I enquired at the fitness centre and didn't press the matter. On the whole, I'd say the Ambassador perks were meaningful -- especially considering I needed Internet and the price was about W20k for non-Ambassadors. The fruit and water presentation was pretty lame (apple, banana, and orange plus one 500 ml bottle of generic local water), but at least it was replenished daily. There was no Ambassador gift.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Which IC

I might be planning a one night stay in Seoul as I have a connection in the Morning to SIN and would like to know what is recommended in terms of choice of IC's? And do any of the IC's have Airport Transfers inlcuded for Ambassador's?

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 27, 2008 at 6:39 am
Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
I don't think either IC normally have rates including airport transfer, and even less likely to have complimentary ones.

Both IC are served by the airport limo bus service, we took the Korean Airline branded bus service from the IC COEX to ICN, and it made a stop at the IC Grand to pick up more passengers, the cost is around KW14000.

The Grand has a lot of suites, and would most likely provide a suite upgrade even to standard Ambassadors. IC COEX rooms are much smaller, and very unlikely to get upgrade rooms, but at least you will get the perks listed at the top of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.