Address
InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
70 Mody Roard,
Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hongkong
Tel +852 2721 5161

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/hong-kong/hkghb/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
Hung Hom Station [West Rail Line / East Rail LIne] (exit D4 / D5)
Tsim Sha Tsui [Tseun Wan Line] (exit P2)
East Tsim Sha Tsui [West Rail Line] (exit P2)

Link to Post with Royal Ambassoder Upgrade Information

Recent Experiences
Royal Ambassador

Ambassador Experiences

Older discussion about this hotel:
Print Wikipost

IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Does anybody have a list showing the upgrade policy for Platinum's?

I'm looking at a 4 night stay in August and looking to use my Ambassador BOGO voucher while I'm there. Due to the higher rate for BOGO voucher due to the flexibility I'll probably make two different bookings for two nights each for the same room type.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sbiddle

I'm looking at a 4 night stay in August and looking to use my Ambassador BOGO voucher while I'm there. Due to the higher rate for BOGO voucher due to the flexibility I'll probably make two different bookings for two nights each for the same room type.
One category up. If you look at the chart posted for RAs, which does two categories, you should be able to figure it out.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:15 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle

I'm not sure Platinum will give you anything, but I take it that you are also an Ambassador.

This is the reply I have received in January 2018 when booking a room with 3 persons (i.e. an additional payment ("supplement") was required for the third person), using a BOGO weekend certificate for the second night. I don't think being Spire played any role.

Be our Spire Ambassador, we will arrange one room category upgrade from the original booked room category:e.g: Regular Floor: 2 /F-12/F

Booked Premier Room (room only) with entitle upgrade to Premier Side Harbour View Room (room only)

Booked Premier Side Harbour View Room (room only) with entitle upgrade to Premier Full Harbour View Room (room only)** If redeem Ambassador Weekend Night Voucher, the first night need to apply third party supplement charge, second night is complimentary **

Executive Club Floor: 16/F-18/F

Booked Club Premier Room (with club access) with entitle upgrade to Club Side Harbour View Room (with club access)Booked Club Side Harbour View Room (with club access) with entitle upgrade to Club Full Harbour View Room (with club access)** If redeem Ambassador Weekend Night Voucher, the first night need to apply third party supplement charge, second night is complimentary **

Last edited by htb; Mar 28, 2019 at 6:48 am Reason: Clarified that this was a BOGO booking.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:49 pm

Thanks for the help. Yes I'm an Ambassador and was Platinum before everybody became Platinum this month!

I was just a little confused originally as to what the upgrade path was between some of the "standard" and "one bed" room types but the above lists explain it all.

I'm only there for four nights so might splash out on a nice room there.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Recently stayed at this hotel on a four night stay. I have IHG platinum status, but do not have ambassador status at all. I was given a one category room upgrade, two welcome drink coupons (valid in the lobby lounge), 20% of hotel dining, and a welcome fruit basket. This is honestly more than I was expecting without Ambassador status, so was pleasantly surprised. The room rate was a particularly good value - we're talking on par with local HIX options, yet the hotel and room was quite nice, including a great location. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Is this considered an adequate upgrade for plat ambassador?

I’be booked a King Premier Suite (has lounge access). I’ve been preassigned a King Junior Suite harbour view.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by remymartin
Is this considered an adequate upgrade for plat ambassador?

I’be booked a King Premier Suite (has lounge access). I’ve been preassigned a King Junior Suite harbour view.
If you scroll up you'll see that that is a one category upgrade, so, yes.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Hi all, does anyone have any recent experience of points only bookings? Spire Ambassador? Thanks.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:45 pm

I've booked there for 4 nights in a few months time. 2 night weekend stay to use my BOGO voucher and 2 nights prepaid. Emailed them to see if they could link bookings to ensure I didn't have to change rooms, and saw my upgrade from standard Club Room to Club room Side Harbour view confirmed as well.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Recently stayed at this hotel on a four night stay. I have IHG platinum status, but do not have ambassador status at all. I was given a one category room upgrade, two welcome drink coupons (valid in the lobby lounge), 20% of hotel dining, and a welcome fruit basket. This is honestly more than I was expecting without Ambassador status, so was pleasantly surprised. The room rate was a particularly good value - we're talking on par with local HIX options, yet the hotel and room was quite nice, including a great location. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
Same thing you get as a Spire. But I often stay there because, as you note, it is a great value. It's a bummer that it's not an easier walk to the MTR, but it's a small sacrifice for a really nice room at a good rate.

My experiences in the bar -- and in particular the outdoor terrace bar -- has been poor. But there are plenty of other places to go for drinks and I love the reasonably priced view of the harbor. And it's conveniently located near the promenade; one day run to the right, and the next day run to the left. Pleasant 5K each way. :-)
Old May 17, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi
Does anyone know how much lounge access costs if offered at checkin? I might have a 2 night stay but will get there late on 1st night so will miss evening food and drinks so not sure worth booking a club access room.

Do they still serve champagne in the evening? Think it was Moet when I was last there.

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Hi
Does anyone know how much lounge access costs if offered at checkin? I might have a 2 night stay but will get there late on 1st night so will miss evening food and drinks so not sure worth booking a club access room.

Do they still serve champagne in the evening? Think it was Moet when I was last there.

Thanks!
Their website says they still serve Moet.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
I booked a Club Intercontinental room for an upcoming stay and my reservation is now showing as TWIN BEDS DELUXE ROOM on the website. I can't even see this type of room listed? Is it a good room? Also my reservation doesn't mention that it is a Club room anywhere? Should I contact the hotel in advance?

Last edited by wheatbeer; May 30, 2019 at 10:25 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Can anyone comment on the convenience of this hotel? Looks pretty far from public transportation. The South Seas shopping center looks a bit lacking as well, but I am not familiar with this area of Hong Kong.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
Can anyone comment on the convenience of this hotel? Looks pretty far from public transportation. The South Seas shopping center looks a bit lacking as well, but I am not familiar with this area of Hong Kong.
It's a little walk down Mody road to the P1/P2 exits for the East TST station. Then a long walk inside the station.

What is it you are looking for in a hotel?

I think it's a pretty good value for hotel right on the water. I stay there a few times each year and it's my go-to hotel on the Kowloon side.
TravelLawyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.