IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong Master Thread [merged]

Old Apr 8, 17, 2:05 am

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Diamond (*G), CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Can I check if any RA has stayed in this hotel lately? Do they now offer club lounge access in accordance to the T&C?

In the past, I have booked the cheapest room and they will upgrade to Junior Suite without club lounge. Now they just modified to a room with Harbour view. Does that means that club lounge is provided?

Also, any opinion if the deluxe harbour view or premier harbour room is better? Many thanks!
Old Mar 20, 18, 5:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Any recent RA stays?
Old May 13, 18, 8:28 am
htb

Programs: LH FTL (soft landing), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LyingFlat View Post
Very quick query.

Does anyone know what the AMB upgrade is when you are booked into a King Premier Full Harbour View Room?
Similar question. I know the upgrade path is as follows (2018):

Regular Floor: 2 /F-12/F
Booked Premier Room (room only) with entitle upgrade to Premier Side Harbour View Room (room only)
Booked Premier Side Harbour View Room (room only) with entitle upgrade to Premier Full Harbour View Room (room only)** If redeem Ambassador Weekend Night Voucher, the first night need to apply third party supplement charge, second night is complimentary **

Executive Club Floor: 16/F-18/F
Booked Club Premier Room (with club access) with entitle upgrade to Club Side Harbour View Room (with club access)Booked Club Side Harbour View Room (with club access) with entitle upgrade to Club Full Harbour View Room (with club access)** If redeem Ambassador Weekend Night Voucher, the first night need to apply third party supplement charge, second night is complimentary **
What if you book a Full Harbour View Room (with or without Club access)?

HTB.
Old Aug 20, 18, 6:47 am

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Diamond (*G), CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Noticed that the hotel offers the Smart Choice Package which offers 10% discount on room rates upon check-out:
Smart Choice Package - Book Direct & Save More! | Hotel Offers & Promotions | InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong

This rate (after the 10% discount) seems to be much better than the advanced rates for IHG members, just checking if there is any catch for this package?

On a separate note, for RA upgrade to Junior Suite, what room type should I be booking?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 18, 8:23 am

Programs: M&M, Finnair, FlyingBlue, HH and some more
Bringing around this silent thread. Staying there last month, I reserved a junior suite several months earlier and we got upgraded to harbour view suite days after reservation was made via email. The room and particularly furniture shows age, but everything is clean and well maintained. The biggest assest of this hotel is staff, great attitude, remembering drinks orders from previous evening, smiling and chatting (only if chat is expected by some guests). The food offered by the lounge is great quality, and there is also pretty impressive choice of wines, including Moet as bubbles.
I left happy and sure I will be back once in Hong Kong.
Old Sep 12, 18, 11:27 am
alc

Questions related to using the AMB BOGO Cert here:
  1. On the dates that I want to book the AMB BOGO, it show 1st night as $1850 and 2nd night as $2100. The cert specific state to cover 2nd night, so, am I correct that I will only need to pay $1850 + 10% (and any other charges I added during the stay)
  2. I recalled in the past here or another place that some mentioned when staying with BOGO, you don't get any of the AMB status entitlement. Did I remember this incorrectly? Any recent BOGO experience from anyone?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Sep 12, 18, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by alc View Post
Questions related to using the AMB BOGO Cert here:
  1. On the dates that I want to book the AMB BOGO, it show 1st night as $1850 and 2nd night as $2100. The cert specific state to cover 2nd night, so, am I correct that I will only need to pay $1850 + 10% (and any other charges I added during the stay)
  2. I recalled in the past here or another place that some mentioned when staying with BOGO, you don't get any of the AMB status entitlement. Did I remember this incorrectly? Any recent BOGO experience from anyone?
  1. 1. Yes, your understanding is correct. You only pay for the first night plus the taxes / service charges.

2. You are still entitled to AMB benefits, you will get one-level room upgrade plus the other perks such as late check-out at 4pm.
Old Sep 12, 18, 2:39 pm
alc

Originally Posted by hclee01 View Post
1. Yes, your understanding is correct. You only pay for the first night plus the taxes / service charges.

2. You are still entitled to AMB benefits, you will get one-level room upgrade plus the other perks such as late check-out at 4pm.
Thanks for the quick respond, much appreciated
Old Sep 13, 18, 2:41 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL Diamond and 1MM, UA, AA
Plat Amb Upgrade

I just completed a two-night stay at the Grand Stanford, and was pleased in all aspects. Booked the cheapest room with club access. As a Plat Amb, I got upgraded to the top floor, a room just off of the harbor-facing corner, with a nice view of HK harbor. A few months ago, I'd stayed at the ICHK with paid club access. Got a rear (city) view at the ICHK . To me, the two hotels are about equal. Grand Stanford is less expensive than the ICHK, so that makes it the winner.
Old Sep 26, 18, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone been offered lounge access upsell at check in recently?
Trying to decide whether or not to book AMB BOGO rate with lounge access or not, for a stay that would cost 550 HKD extra for the fancier room, 1 guest. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 28, 18, 3:07 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Has anyone been offered lounge access upsell at check in recently?
Trying to decide whether or not to book AMB BOGO rate with lounge access or not, for a stay that would cost 550 HKD extra for the fancier room, 1 guest. Thanks in advance!
remember if book upfront pay club one first night to receive club both nights , but if upsell for club lounge st checkin ou must pay upsell club fee for both nights (plus better booked oom to get 1cat upgrade to, so not just getting lounge fo extra booking cost)

you said solo stay, so fyi, this IC GS upsells at rates for 1/2/3 guests so less upsell rate for 1ppn, but no room upgrade for lounge upsell
Old Jan 8, 19, 2:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: GGL/CCR
Does anyone know the room categories for upgrades?
EG if as ambassador Spire I book King bed premier suite, do I get King bed JS with harbour view?
Old Jan 8, 19, 4:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Does anyone know the room categories for upgrades?
EG if as ambassador Spire I book King bed premier suite, do I get King bed JS with harbour view?
Just checking whether you mean King Bed Premier Room, based on the fact you’re looking to upgrade to a Junior Suite?

To get JS you need to book Grand Premier Full Harbour View room.