Address
InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
70 Mody Roard,
Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hongkong
Tel +852 2721 5161

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/hong-kong/hkghb/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
Hung Hom Station [West Rail Line / East Rail LIne] (exit D4 / D5)
Tsim Sha Tsui [Tseun Wan Line] (exit P2)
East Tsim Sha Tsui [West Rail Line] (exit P2)

Link to Post with Royal Ambassoder Upgrade Information

Recent Experiences
Royal Ambassador

Ambassador Experiences

Older discussion about this hotel:
Print Wikipost

IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Does anyone know their current upgrade policy for RAs? Judging from the Experience thread, junior suite seems to be the standard upgrade and club only for a surcharge. Is that correct?
Thank you!
IC-GS is Choice

i)No Upgrade AND Lounge Access (innerview room or room overlooking front road)
ii)upgrade (2-room Junior Suite) WITHOUT Lounge access
(Note 2 JS per floor, right hand side as looking at hotel from front,
one near front no HV and one nearer front corner with partial HV
One with HV usual if book non base level room)

nb
iii)If want J/S ++ Lounge from base room, take room upgrade and upsell for Lounge
(cheapest methos and main Ambassador checkin on ground floor always volunteer that info)
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by scubaccr
IC-GS is Choice

nb
iii)If want J/S ++ Lounge from base room, take room upgrade and upsell for Lounge
(cheapest methos and main Ambassador checkin on ground floor always volunteer that info)
Thank you - seems like a good policy. I'll just see how much they want to charge me for club
Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Very quick query.

Does anyone know what the AMB upgrade is when you are booked into a King Premier Full Harbour View Room?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just a data point for AMB upgrades. I have an upcoming booking that was for 2 Beds Premier on a corp rate which now has been upgraded to Premier King Full Harbor View. I guess that is a 2-level upgrade as Partial Harborview would be next so I'm not complaining.

One think that annoys me mightily with this property though is the fact that they preauthorize the entire stay on your credit card weeks in advance. I get a notification from my bank regardless whether a hold or charge is put onto the card and it blocks of the limit annoyingly even well in advance of a stay which is unnecessary. Complained again and was told IHG wide policy. A blatant BS lie and I told them so. I stay at ICs so often and they are the only one pulling that crap. I got a flexible reservation cancellable up to 24hrs prior to arrival, so there is no need to reserve that stay amount weeks in advance. It clogs up the limit as those authorizations take weeks to drop off. Hmpf
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, after my booking was pre-upgraded to Premier Full Harbor View on day of arrival I was "downgraded" again to a Partial Harbor View, no issue as that's what I'm entitled to and can still see a nice party of Central side, just an odd up and down.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
IC-GS is Choice

nb
How's this hotel on reward bookings as RA? I booked a couple of nights next weekend, but not sure if it's worth 50k per night.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by johhenrik
How's this hotel on reward bookings as RA? I booked a couple of nights next weekend, but not sure if it's worth 50k per night.
My corp rate on entry level room is 1380++ so I would never use 50k points (nominal value us$350) on a room here at IC-GS

Even then I prefer to pay more at IC-HK, as if i add ICGS lounge upsell to room rate, then total is not far off IC-HK base room rate where RAs get lounge foc and Superior JS

(unless 1-night flights airport overnight transit with late evening hotel checkin and very early checkout, in which case I will use IC-GS as just interested in the bed and don't need view or lounge..... or even on a very late evening HK arrival and center hotel checkin of 9pm plus, I may stay first night ICGS before swapping to IC-HK with RAs early checkin)

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 23, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
My corp rate on entry level room is 1380++ so I would never use 50k points (nominal value us$350) on a room here at IC-GS

Even then I prefer to pay more at IC-HK, as if i add ICGS lounge upsell to room rate, then total is not far off IC-HK base room rate where RAs get lounge foc and Superior JS

(unless 1-night flights airport overnight transit with late evening hotel checkin and very early checkout, in which case I will use IC-GS as just interested in the bed and don't need view or lounge..... or even on a very late evening HK arrival and center hotel checkin of 9pm plus, I may stay first night ICGS before swapping to IC-HK with RAs early checkin)
Well, I am meeting up friends who have already booked there, so that is why I am staying there, otherwise I would've picked IC HK as well. I was just curious how they treated RA on reward stays. I will basically just sleep there anyways.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
I actually think the IC GS lounge is a bit more "clubby" than IC HK and has a better view

with my corporate rate it is cheap but if I can get get IC HK for +/- HKD 500 more, they will always get my business
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Who knew this property was in a third tier US city that is a suburb of NYC?
IC spells it Stamford themselves

Point 11 under Ambassador.

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo...care/member-tc

Reading all these restrictions and limitations reaffirms my decision to gave up on RA status.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:04 am

When using the free night cert is there a way to select a room with breakfast other than booking a club room?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by mobilemario
When using the free night cert is there a way to select a room with breakfast other than booking a club room?
Confused here. Doesn't a freenight cert (CC) book just a base room. how would you book clubroom with a freenight cert?

Not since most Room+Breakfast rates were replaced by tickbox bf-for-two. Going back 24months before breakfast tickbox was introduced, a separate room+breakfast rate category was often offered.

The breakfast tickbox is not offered on the discounted rates (award or corporate), though on solo stays tickbox is usually not worth selecting. I see that lack as hotel legimately needing to recover some of the lost (cheap rate) room revenue back.

Even historically an award/cert night would neither include breakfast in description or offer a tickbox addon.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:05 pm

I really did not appreciate the Club Lounge in the IC GS charging me HKD 5 (USD 0.65) per copy when I printed out 20 pages on my last visit.

In future I will do my best to justify paying up to stay at IC HK
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by jonspencer
I really did not appreciate the Club Lounge in the IC GS charging me HKD 5 (USD 0.65) per copy when I printed out 20 pages on my last visit.

In future I will do my best to justify paying up to stay at IC HK
But they nearly all do whether an IC, CP, HI, Marriott Hilon, whether lounge or business center, often 5pages max free then you have to pay per sheet... same as for icoming fax sheets which I got caught for once (and never again will)

In fact where they have fee for just 1x printed page , I obtain email address bof frontdesk to email my boarding-pass pdf for printing off foc.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:48 am

that is not my experience at all, I have printed out material at ICs club lounges all over the world, never once have I been asked to pay

at IC GS, I believe 5 sheets are free but USD 0.65 a page there after = price gouge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.