Wiki Posts
Search

Entertainment Card rate?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:31 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Entertainment Card rate?

I tried doing a search as I am sure this has been covered but I kept getting " an internet connection problem" message.

Is the rate that is listed as Entertainment Card the rate given when you purchase a Entertainment '07 coupon book? I am looking at a Holiday Inn Express reservation and the Entetainment card rate literally cuts the rate in half to any other rate offer......
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Originally Posted by david4455
I tried doing a search as I am sure this has been covered but I kept getting " an internet connection problem" message.

Is the rate that is listed as Entertainment Card the rate given when you purchase a Entertainment '07 coupon book? I am looking at a Holiday Inn Express reservation and the Entetainment card rate literally cuts the rate in half to any other rate offer......

The cards list an expiry date on Nov 1. So now you need a 2007 book. Rates are not suppose to recieve points but I find that you recieve them half of the time. I have never been asked for the card at check in.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 9:59 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IC Expert
The cards list an expiry date on Nov 1. So now you need a 2007 book. Rates are not suppose to recieve points but I find that you recieve them half of the time. I have never been asked for the card at check in.
I've gotten the Entertainment rate twice. Both times I was asked to show the card. Once was in Vancouver (June 2005) and I had to call and *itch to get points but after 20 min talking on the phone, I finally got them. Another time was in Nashville back in August and the points posted to my account quickly. I'm using the Entertainment rate in Omaha this week so I'll see if the points post.
Old May 8, 2007, 4:08 pm
DH

For some properties, entertainment card rates shows up on PC's online reservation engine. Do I get different rate if I call property's # and ask for the Entertainment rate?

I'm curious because many Entertainment Card rates doesn't seem to be 50%.

Thanks,
Old May 9, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by IC Expert
Same experience here.
Old May 9, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
For my only stay at the EC rate (at a Crown Plaza) I was asked for the card, and the points posted quickly.
Good luck!
Kate
Old May 10, 2007, 3:21 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by david4455

yes it's that simple and it's not too good to be true. i saved 25%/night on a room in chicago by using the card. i thought entertainment was useless until i tried using the card.

Originally Posted by cohusker
I've gotten the Entertainment rate twice. Both times I was asked to show the card. Once was in Vancouver (June 2005) and I had to call and *itch to get points but after 20 min talking on the phone, I finally got them. Another time was in Nashville back in August and the points posted to my account quickly. I'm using the Entertainment rate in Omaha this week so I'll see if the points post.
weird, i was told it doesn't qualify for points

based on my interpretation of the rules and from listening to every call center agent, entertainment card rates are not eligible:
Eligible Charges Worldwide include the following Qualifying Room Rates paid for hotel room nights: non-discounted rate, standard corporate rate, worldwide sales negotiated rate, national/regional/local government rate and specified leisure rates as confirmed by IHG's HOLIDEX® Plus reservation systems.
Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club® Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.
the entertainment card isn't 50% travel club, it's deeply reduced, but isn't defined.... perhaps calling and whining could help?

Last edited by cur; May 10, 2007 at 3:29 pm
Old May 15, 2007, 1:24 pm
cur

bump, can any one else tell us if they got points for entertainment card nights?
Old May 15, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Originally Posted by cur
bump, can any one else tell us if they got points for entertainment card nights?
I recieve points about 80 percent of times using this rate
Old May 15, 2007, 11:08 pm

Programs: HHSilver;SWACompanion;AA;CO
I've gotten a fabulous entertainment rate 4 times in the past year and received points every time--never had to ask. As a result of these stays, I attained gold status.

One thing I noticed is that for one stay, I wasn't able to find an Entertainment rate when I searched about 4 months out, but when I went back one week before the needed stay, there it was--and it was a full 50% off the highest rate shown for the room.

I find the Entertainment book well worth the $ spent on it. I buy one at full price at the beginning of every Nov. and then when they go half price with free shipping (around April) I usually get 2 more. The movie coupons in the books for my area are worth the price alone.
Old May 16, 2007, 4:22 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
just how much is such a book and is there a problem with buying one for an international user?

(I travel NA quite a bit and have ways to access it, so it would help a great deal)
Old May 16, 2007, 5:14 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
In the US, they are usually sold by school and church groups to raise money.

I normally get “next year’s” book off eBay. I can also pick one up a current book at Walgreen's Pharmacies. If they have a 50% off sticker, you may have to argue with the mgt that the 50% off is "50% off the cover price, not “price as marked” (which is the same as the non-discounted price) . My local one said "oh that is 50% off is already included in the price."

You can get them directly through entertainment.com

Originally Posted by nixande
just how much is such a book and is there a problem with buying one for an international user?

(I travel NA quite a bit and have ways to access it, so it would help a great deal)
Old May 16, 2007, 5:20 am

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nixande

No problem ordering one, but postage to Europe runs about $15 - $17 extra. If you can have it shipped to someone in the U.S. and have them send it cheaply to you or pick it up from them next time you're in the U.S. you'll save on postage.
I order them when they go on sale and have them sent to a friend. The present one goes until Nov. 1 -- if you can use it before then, they're very cheap now. Have a look at www.entertainment.com
Old May 16, 2007, 3:38 pm
cur

Originally Posted by swaluvr
I've gotten a fabulous entertainment rate 4 times in the past year and received points every time--never had to ask. As a result of these stays, I attained gold status.

One thing I noticed is that for one stay, I wasn't able to find an Entertainment rate when I searched about 4 months out, but when I went back one week before the needed stay, there it was--and it was a full 50% off the highest rate shown for the room.

I find the Entertainment book well worth the $ spent on it. I buy one at full price at the beginning of every Nov. and then when they go half price with free shipping (around April) I usually get 2 more. The movie coupons in the books for my area are worth the price alone.
the entertainment book is a piece of crap, but man, the piece of plastic in the back of it gives me crazy deals. it pays for itself.

and as a former SPG junkie, ho-inn's are pretty damn good and of much better value. i love the program and the rates i get with entertainment.

...unless the client is paying for my room...
Old May 18, 2007, 10:59 am
VIP

Originally Posted by cur
Most of the time you will get points. Take it FWIW, but I was told by PC CSR that if the EC rate is at least 30% lower than their best available rate, you won't get points. Once you have an actual reservation, you can always call PC and ask if your stay will qualify for points.

From my experience, perhaps the 30% is their policy but many hotels still report the points regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.