Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Ambassador available for 19000 PC Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 6:29 am
ttw
Original Poster

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
IC Ambassador available for 19000 PC Points

Due to a number of forthcoming IC stays coming up shortly I contacted IC Ambassador to discuss joining. I asked whether I could purchase the status with points and was informed it would cost me 24000 Points although I will receive 5000 points voucher hence total cost only 19000 pts. I was already considering using some points for some reward nights whilst away. Now I get a free night (2 for 1 Weekend Night Voucher in pack) included which is still less than the 30000 pts per night required for reward stays.

Just to let anyone else know about this offer who is considering joining Ambassador or having a reward night, especially at weekend.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:17 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Just did the same thing a month ago. Definately makes more sense then just paying for it. ^
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:46 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Its in the sticky
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366846

Can also be renewed for 20k...and you get another 5k voucher.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
.....Can also be renewed for 20k...and you get another 5k voucher.

Found this:
Welcome!
We're delighted you have decided to renew your Ambassador status. Please complete the fields below to begin the renewal process.

You may also purchase your Ambassador status by redeeming 20,000 Priority Club® points. If you wish to use your points please contact the Ambassador Service Center via e-mail or call +44 (0) 870 400 9099.

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...rt?secure=true
Can someone confirm that we get the 5,000 point voucher and the free night (2 for 1 Weekend Night Voucher in pack).
Old Oct 22, 2006, 2:35 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by USAFAN
Found this:

Can someone confirm that we get the 5,000 point voucher and the free night (2 for 1 Weekend Night Voucher in pack).
I did the renewal and received both.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
What if we do the 3000 mile bonus on say, nwa , do we still get the 5k point voucher and the 2 for 1 night stay?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:12 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
What if we do the 3000 mile bonus on say, nwa , do we still get the 5k point voucher and the 2 for 1 night stay?
Yes.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals, PC Plat Ambassidor, CO PLT, UA Premiere Executive, Boycotting: Hilton, Delta, NWA,
Originally Posted by ttw
Due to a number of forthcoming IC stays coming up shortly I contacted IC Ambassador to discuss joining. I asked whether I could purchase the status with points and was informed it would cost me 24000 Points although I will receive 5000 points voucher hence total cost only 19000 pts. I was already considering using some points for some reward nights whilst away. Now I get a free night (2 for 1 Weekend Night Voucher in pack) included which is still less than the 30000 pts per night required for reward stays.

Just to let anyone else know about this offer who is considering joining Ambassador or having a reward night, especially at weekend.

Even though it is posted in the Sticky, this message still helped remind me to actually call in to get this done. I've been putting it off forever!

One more thing though, I spoek to the agent about becoming a RA. I've accumulated abouta quarter million PC points this year - not all at IC's though. I asked that if I were to spend the same amount of nights next year in IC's if I could call back before the end of the year to get upgraded. She said that if I was willing to make some kind of committment like that and if I call in I might be able to talk my way into it.

Good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.