IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 5, 19, 8:36 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Intercontinental London Park Lane

Address
Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays

Lounge Supplement: As of May, 2019 the rate for Ambassadors is 110 GBP per day; the rate for non-Ambassadors is 145 GBP per day.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 -11:00
  • Afternoon Tea with delicate finger sandwiches, homemade cakes, and a selection of loose East Indian teas between 15:00 - 17:00
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring plasma TV, wireless high-speed internet access, and complimentary use of three iMac computers
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalised Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences
Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018

Ambassador Experiences
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 21, 12, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Here some pictures (standard room):
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....park-lane.html

The hotel:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....rk-lane-2.html

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ive-tread.html

Thank you
FLYGVA
Moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 14, 17 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 21, 12, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bartla View Post
Hi,

I'm currently staying at the InterContinental London Park Lane on a 'Sweet Dilemma' reward (two nights) Thanks to my Royal Ambassador status, I've been upgraded from a classic room to a Studio Suite. Nice!

Video: http://travel.bart.la/2011/05/26/int...-studio-suite/
As an Ambassador, I was upgraded from an Executive Room to a Studio Suite, which was identical, apart from the view, as the one on the link.

Slightly abusing the term 'suite' IMHO, but a nice room anyway. TV was in the middle of the narrow room, so you do not get the best view from either the bed or the sofa.

Nice bathroom and comfortable for the weekend stay.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 23, 12 at 1:59 am Reason: typo.
Old Jan 22, 12, 1:38 pm

Programs: ICH Spire/Amb HH Dia, LCAH Plat, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently View Post
As an Ambassador, I was upgraded from an Executive Room to a Studio Suite, which was identical, apart from the view, as the one on the link.

Slightly abusing the term 'suite' IMHO, but a nice room anyway. TV was in the middle of the narrow room, so you do not great the best view from either the bed or the sofa.

Nice bathroom and comfortable for the weekend stay.
The TV thing really irritated me when I got one. In future, I've asked to be given an exec room in preference to the studio suites as they're basically the same, with an extra couple of feet between TV and bed! Since we wanted to watch the grand prix, we moved the bed ourselves so we could see it properly. Nicer bathroom in the 'suite' but I didn't plan on spening a whole load of time in there!
Old Mar 7, 12, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
It looks like the one bedroom suite is available under the BOGO for 655GBP. I'm paying 200GBP for a classic room right now as a RA. Tempted to spring for the one bedroom but do they upgrade beyond that?
Old Mar 7, 12, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by silver-tls View Post
It looks like the one bedroom suite is available under the BOGO for 655GBP. I'm paying 200GBP for a classic room right now as a RA. Tempted to spring for the one bedroom but do they upgrade beyond that?
Yes they do upgrade beyond that. Next category up is a Deluxe Suite then a Luxury Suite and then the signature suites. Generally when I have booked a 1 bed suite I get a 2 level upgrade to the Luxury Suite.

Only problem is you are not permitted to use a BOGO with a suite. Better off booking an Exec room if its available (getting lounge access) then you should hopefully get an upgrade to a 1 bed suite.
Old Mar 9, 12, 10:50 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
we are looking at staying here on a bogo in september on a friday/sat night. we have RA status. if we dont get club access with an upgrade, does anyone know how much they charge for club access as an add on...

I'm weighing up the option of booking an exec room that has club access so that we would end up in a suite, but it adds a couple of extra hundred $ in our currency at the end of our month long holiday... is it worth it... the suite would be nice as my partner and I dont actually sleep very well together so handy to have a space to retreat to if necessary.
Old Mar 10, 12, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Note that the definition of suite is quite loosely used here and you do not necessarily get 2 separate rooms, esp with a Studio Suite
Old Mar 31, 12, 11:40 am
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Can anyone provide insight into the room refurbishment programme at the IC Park Lane? Pictures seem to show either modern contemporary (nice!) or old english country style (not so nice!) Thanks.

No? OK, well it appears that only certain rooms are done in a contemporary style & the rest are....not. I assume it will stay that way as there appears to be no on-going work being done to align decor. Shame.

Last edited by NoY; Apr 5, 12 at 12:00 am
Old Apr 7, 12, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Just arrived at the IC after a stay at the Heathrow CP (visiting Chessington World of Adventure). Booked an Executive room on a BOGO voucher and (I have Ambassador status) have been upgraded to a suite (a proper one rather than a studio/junior one), which is very nice.

The effect was, unfortunately, somewhat spoiled when I found that an "Executive" room no longer gives you Club Lounge access, with or without a suite upgrade, and I had to pay £65 to get in. Apparently you have to book a superior executive room to get it included.

The suite overlooking Buckingham Palace back garden is still nice though, and with breakfast I am sure that we will have our £65 worth (suspect we have already to be fair).
lrdahlberg likes this.

Last edited by dmahon; Apr 7, 12 at 11:53 am Reason: Clarity
Old Apr 7, 12, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dmahon View Post
The effect was, unfortunately, somewhat spoiled when I found that an "Executive" room no longer gives you Club Lounge access, with or without a suite upgrade, and I had to pay £65 to get in. Apparently you have to book a superior executive room to get it included.
Yes , they have added a 'London' Executive which gives lounge access...standard Executive no longer offers lounge. The only reason I would imagine adding the extra category is to satisfy RA benefits but in fairness this hotel has always treated me very well as an RA.
Old Apr 7, 12, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Trying to stay here next week, but can't get any rate less than 200 GBP. IS this common here?
Old Apr 7, 12, 4:25 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Yes, although Friends & Family rate can occasionally be lower.
Old Apr 7, 12, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA/CO, IC RA
Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
I just stayed two weeks ago on the F&F rate for that very reason. Good rate (no request for any F&F proof), received full RA benefits (though no lounge), upgraded to new "London" room with view of the park. I took a downgrade from a suite of some kind because I checked in at 9am and that was what was available. For a 2-night stay that involved full days of meetings, I could have taken a bunk bed.
Old Apr 8, 12, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
Yeah, but that doesn't earn a qualifying night or pts.
Old Apr 23, 12, 2:21 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
... ..always thought the 40k p n wouldn't last .Just booked it for a night this week and will evaluate whether its worth the extra 10k , by upgrade offered online.Otherwise will cancel & slum it chez moi via the Jubilee line

Search this Thread
Search Engine: