Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is Ł150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is Ł185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Old May 19, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Looked at multiple dates and there seems to be no rooms which include club access on sale on any day.

Website does mention refurbishment/upgrades are going on until May so could be a glitch on rooms for sale past this

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The one bedroom suites come with club access.
Studio and one bed now say they don't.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:55 pm

I was just wondering if this property caters to vampires based on the amount of blood I've seen on my sheets. Yet another horrendous stay at this terrible property. Definitely won't renew ambassador again and I'd like to know what fool pays 500+ quid for a room here. If they're reading this thread, you know where to find me. The guy who got driven out by construction noise and had an exec with so many stains on the sofa, drapes and floor you'd have to think some glorified hookers made their way through. No spire recognition... no note, no amenity until I said something. Moved from a 1 bed room to a 2 bed room. Declined a suite because they had no idea how much noise there would be with construction. Interesting my new "exec" looks EXACTLY like my superior from a previous stay. In both rooms tub does not drain. So 5 star to have ankle deep water. Safe didn't work in the first room. Called down about construction noise and said I was trying to take a nap and leave me a message in the message center. Of course 15 minutes later they call the room. Does this hotel do anything right? Save your points and go somewhere that isn't completely mismanaged. If you're paying a cash rate, I feel sorry for you. Even if you have that kind of money to spend, you'd be greatly offended by the unbelievable lack of care by this hotel. Now excuse me while I purell myself head to toe to get off all the blood I've been lying in. If you want worst in class on Park Lane, feel free to toss a coin between Hilton and IC. Four seasons it is next time.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
First ever stay here last weekend. Wonderful property, great staff. Everything was very slick. Used my credit card certificate and was upgraded to a Park Lane Suite even though I’m a mere Spire only. Overall a very nice stay and will definitely visit again!
Old May 31, 2019, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
First ever stay here last weekend. Wonderful property, great staff. Everything was very slick. Used my credit card certificate and was upgraded to a Park Lane Suite even though I’m a mere Spire only. Overall a very nice stay and will definitely visit again!
You got lucky. Good to know they treat me like a 2nd class citizen and you got a park lane suite on your first stay when using a cert. So glad I paid $200 USD for ambassador. Your story is either made up or you've gotten treatment no one else has.

Last edited by saaveraward; May 31, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by saaveraward
You got lucky. Good to know they treat me like a 2nd class citizen and you got a park lane suite on your first stay when using a cert. So glad I paid $200 USD for ambassador. Your story is either made up or you've gotten treatment no one else has.
meow
VaBeachGirl and ARR72 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:52 am

Hotel gave me back 1 night in points and agreed they started off bad and made things progressively worse. I was ready to walk out. I did not ask for compensation.

And still no note or contact from the GM. Not important enough apparently to warrant it. I even told them as such.

Also, be advised, as a policy, they do not notify you at check in you have a 15 pound property credit as spire ambassador. They assume you already know this. Nor do they print a page of your on-property benefits. So that's a sneaky way hoping you never use the credit.

My struggles above aren't even the full litany of problems. Like them repeatedly texting me in my name and another random guests name. And since they're basically auto texts, it's twice the hassle. When you tell them this, they still continue to do it. I finally blocked the number. Or that they were supposed to address the cleaning issue at a precise time and failed to show up putting me behind on my schedule. To their credit, at least a manager supervised the room so there would be clean sheets finally. The list is even longer.

It's time to try the Kimpton or indigo... or leave IHG all together. There are enough choices on Park Lane. I see no reason to stay at a hotel that lacks the basics, has tremendous, visible wear-and-tear and handles service recoveries in this manner.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I resent the suggestion I made up the details of my stay last week. Why the heck would I? You may have had a rotten experience but that wasn’t mine. Please choose your words more carefully in future, or maybe produce a speck of proof to back up such a frankly silly assertion...
turner32 and ARR72 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

I resent the suggestion I made up the details of my stay last week. Why the heck would I? You may have had a rotten experience but that wasn’t mine. Please choose your words more carefully in future, or maybe produce a speck of proof to back up such a frankly silly assertion...
Sometimes you do just get lucky on a short stay depending upon check in time and occupancy. It would be exceedingly unwise to expect similar treatment in future however. Many of us who are RA’s and reasonably regular guests no longer get suite upgrades on paid stays, when it used to be pretty regular for me. You were very lucky here.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:00 am

if you can find one existing report in this thread from the past five years of someone getting upgraded to a full one bedroom suite (4-5 categories), on their first stay no less, with a Chase cert, I will donate $100 to the charity of your choosing. Offer is good to BrightlyBob only.

And you're not ambassador and this was in a high occupancy period when they're running 90-100% occupancy according to the hotel.

I'm going to hazard a guess you were staying on 2, possibly 4.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jun 1, 2019 at 5:07 am
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:09 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

Sometimes you do just get lucky on a short stay depending upon check in time and occupancy. It would be exceedingly unwise to expect similar treatment in future however. Many of us who are RA’s and reasonably regular guests no longer get suite upgrades on paid stays, when it used to be pretty regular for me. You were very lucky here.
Oh, I don’t doubt I was lucky, Suite upgrades are a matter of luck in all the programs and my 10 year records indicate that IHG top-Tier Suite upgrades stand at about 5% whereas Bonvoy top-Tier Suite Upgrades are about 10%
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:14 am
In memoriam

if you can find one existing report in this thread from the past five years of someone getting upgraded to a full one bedroom suite (4-5 categories), on their first stay no less, with a Chase cert, I will donate $100 to the charity of your choosing. Offer is good to BrightlyBob only.

And you're not ambassador and this was in a high occupancy period when they're running 90-100% occupancy according to the hotel.

I'm going to hazard a guess you were staying on 2, possibly 4.
So your “proof” of your assertion I made this up is challenging me to investigate Suite upgrades at that property experienced by other non-Ambassadors.

With great respect, you called me out as a fantasist or a liar. The burden to prove your assertion lies with you, not I!

ARR72 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:07 pm
dk9

I was just wondering if this property caters to vampires based on the amount of blood I've seen on my sheets. Yet another horrendous stay at this terrible property. Definitely won't renew ambassador again and I'd like to know what fool pays 500+ quid for a room here. If they're reading this thread, you know where to find me. The guy who got driven out by construction noise and had an exec with so many stains on the sofa, drapes and floor you'd have to think some glorified hookers made their way through. No spire recognition... no note, no amenity until I said something. Moved from a 1 bed room to a 2 bed room. Declined a suite because they had no idea how much noise there would be with construction. Interesting my new "exec" looks EXACTLY like my superior from a previous stay. In both rooms tub does not drain. So 5 star to have ankle deep water. Safe didn't work in the first room. Called down about construction noise and said I was trying to take a nap and leave me a message in the message center. Of course 15 minutes later they call the room. Does this hotel do anything right? Save your points and go somewhere that isn't completely mismanaged. If you're paying a cash rate, I feel sorry for you. Even if you have that kind of money to spend, you'd be greatly offended by the unbelievable lack of care by this hotel. Now excuse me while I purell myself head to toe to get off all the blood I've been lying in. If you want worst in class on Park Lane, feel free to toss a coin between Hilton and IC. Four seasons it is next time.
I didn't expect anything better by this hotel.. It's also funny how you mention Four Seasons. Even within IHG I think there are better hotels in central London e.g. Crowne Plaza The City
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

Also, be advised, as a policy, they do not notify you at check in you have a 15 pound property credit as spire ambassador. They assume you already know this. Nor do they print a page of your on-property benefits. So that's a sneaky way hoping you never use the credit.
So what? This is a regular Ambassador benefit. Being a member of the programme you should be aware of this. As a matter of fact: I stay at this hotel on a weekly or at least bi-weekly basis and normally get a three category upgrade to one of the better one bedroom suites. And problems - and they had some with the renovations - are dealt with very decently (as they tried in your case). But sometimes be aware: "Wie man in den Wald rein ruft so kommt es raus"...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by dk9
I didn't expect anything better by this hotel.. It's also funny how you mention Four Seasons. Even within IHG I think there are better hotels in central London e.g. Crowne Plaza The City
No clue. It's just staring at me across the street. Regardless, the highest you can go at this hotel is someone in "guest experience." Senior management is walled off from guest interaction. Unless you're Qatari or a regular I presume.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
So what? This is a regular Ambassador benefit. Being a member of the programme you should be aware of this. As a matter of fact: I stay at this hotel on a weekly or at least bi-weekly basis and normally get a three category upgrade to one of the better one bedroom suites. And problems - and they had some with the renovations - are dealt with very decently (as they tried in your case). But sometimes be aware: "Wie man in den Wald rein ruft so kommt es raus"...
really? There shouldn't be a welcome letter with a printout of property-soecific benefits based on your status. Well perhaps they are saving paper since there are no property-specific benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.