Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Petrus

bugger! Just about to fly out of Heathrow.
Also Perrier in the lounge as well Petrus, just had a week there and had way too much .... as you say a good change for the better. I was left a super little Park Lane IC note pad in my suite last stop. Really nice little item. Good for me as I prefer pencil and paper on the plane rather than struggling with laptops etc :-)

Getting busy and expensive there right now.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Also Perrier in the lounge as well Petrus, just had a week there and had way too much ....
For a moment I couldn’t believe that they offered Perrier in the lounge as well [as] Petrus! Then I realized Petrus was the username of the person to whom you were responding.

I do love IC Park Lane.

Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

For a moment I couldn’t believe that they offered Perrier in the lounge as well [as] Petrus! Then I realized Petrus was the username of the person to whom you were responding.

I do love IC Park Lane.

:-) .... suspect the room rate may go up by at least £6k per night if they did! Or embarrassingly more like £12k per night at my consumption rate

...... we can dream :-)
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Atacama40
:-) .... suspect the room rate may go up by at least £6k per night if they did! Or embarrassingly more like £12k per night at my consumption rate

...... we can dream :-)
If that were the case I would get on the next TG flight in F and spend a week in London, probably without leaving the hotel or the lounge for most of the time... it is a nice dream.

But Perrier & Jouet is already great to have on offer in the lounge, as well as for that RA mini bar benefit. I do hope to get RA satus some day, but for now am well treated even with regular Ambassador.
Atacama40 and thunderlounge like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

If that were the case I would get on the next TG flight in F and spend a week in London, probably without leaving the hotel or the lounge for most of the time... it is a nice dream.

But Perrier & Jouet is already great to have on offer in the lounge, as well as for that RA mini bar benefit. I do hope to get RA satus some day, but for now am well treated even with regular Ambassador.
Yeah P&J is good enough for me as well Mike ..... I'd settle for a top draw Malbec, suspect the Petrus would be a little wasted on me anyway
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Spire
Booked a paid junior suite here in October as an Ambassador for 1 night, with a mastercard free night cert for a second night. I received the below from the hotel this morning:

T
he rate for the junior suite is £535. £480 for an upgrade when I can get the same room for only £55 seems a little steep!

We are contacting you because, while updating your reservations, we have realized you have two reservations under different room types for October.Your have one reservation for a Studio Suite, which will be upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite as per your Ambassador status. However, the second reservation is made on points, and for this type of bookings, upgrades are not guaranteed.
If you would like to stay in the same room, we could offer you a supplement of £480.00 per night for the reservation on points to be upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite.

Do let us know if you would like to proceed with this arrangement or if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,Daria PetrovaReservations Associate
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by rknight20772
Booked a paid junior suite here in October as an Ambassador for 1 night, with a mastercard free night cert for a second night. I received the below from the hotel this morning:

T
he rate for the junior suite is £535. £480 for an upgrade when I can get the same room for only £55 seems a little steep!
The 1 B/R suites on 7 with balcony and view are a step up form Studio Suite ... from memory the pricing sounds right ... is a lot of cash.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by rknight20772

T
Ha! the want to give you £55 of value for a free night certificate. Depending on how much I wanted to stay in the same room, I would either ignore that email and see how it goes at check-in, i.e. negotiate upon arrival, or contact them and point out that is a ridiculous offer and negotiate something in advance.

Not responding to the email and waiting until check in gives you more leverage because it’s a last minute negotiation, obviously at the risk of having to move to another room type.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:40 am

There are suites with Balcony's here? Never had one...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Petrus
There are suites with Balcony's here? Never had one...
Yes and have to say they are nice layout and view. If you turn right out of the lounge and follow down the sign says 'London Suite' they are along the run on the first right. Have to say they are hard to spot from the outside but give a nice view across Hyde Park. Rooms big as well, lounge, bedroom, large bathroom and separate loo on the left walking in.

Had one as an upgrade couple weeks back. Have to say I didn't know that either and have been putting more than a few nights in there the last couple of years.

I spent a good while watching a lady feeding the pigeons from her tent off the small roundabout and then was more than a little shocked when I saw these strange looking pigeons running and taking food. After the ninth one I realised they were rats! I know you're never supposed to be more than x feet away from one etc but to see so many from on high was an eye brow raiser :-)

Last edited by Atacama40; Aug 23, 2018 at 10:27 am Reason: poor grammar
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:53 am

Balconies, huh? I also was unaware. Tempted to move a reservation from the O2 over, but I’m on quite a good rate for a city suite. A balcony would be quite nice though.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Balconies, huh? I also was unaware. Tempted to move a reservation from the O2 over, but I’m on quite a good rate for a city suite. A balcony would be quite nice though.
Don't misunderstand, it's not like the ones in the villas at Danang Sun Peninsular or Estoril sea facing ones with tables and chairs but in the Summer at least it's nice to get the gentle hum and light of the nicer side of the city when the patio doors are opened. It's certainly big and long enough for four or five folks to stand and look out with ease and comfort. Room itself is normal PL decor but with a full size settee, chair, table and work area.

I think the list rate is eye watering but if it comes your way grab it for sure. I forget the precise number of the room, more familiar hands on FT will know it I'm sure....71x I from memory. Don't know if others in that line have the same. I will definitely take again if comes my way.

Value curve at O2 for those nice Canary Wharf end suites (especially with RA upgrades) will be a lot better assuming U2 or whatshername Cyrus are not playing!!! :-) .... but the lounge service is significantly better at IC PL .... that said the O2 lounge folks seem to have zero objections to us grabbing bottles of fizz for the table from the fridge all night long even if they slow refilling glasses so should not complain.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

I originally booked Park Lane, but when I noticed the deal at O2 I couldn't resist. Thankfully it's flex, so I can cancel if I so decide.

I don't mind the O2 at all, but the focus for this particular trip would lend itself better to the Park Lane location.

I agree the O2 lounge staff can be hit or miss. Had a very nice guy that checked me in recently, and then an older guy over the weekend that was quite a snotty snob. Thanked the younger guy when he came back on the Monday, and mentioned the older guy. He said, "yeah, that's my boss." Ha! I also enjoy the Sky Bar as well. Anthony is really great, or has been for me.

Still going to have to think this one over, though I'm not sure it's worth double the rate.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I originally booked Park Lane, but when I noticed the deal at O2 I couldn't resist. Thankfully it's flex, so I can cancel if I so decide.

I don't mind the O2 at all, but the focus for this particular trip would lend itself better to the Park Lane location.

I agree the O2 lounge staff can be hit or miss. Had a very nice guy that checked me in recently, and then an older guy over the weekend that was quite a snotty snob. Thanked the younger guy when he came back on the Monday, and mentioned the older guy. He said, "yeah, that's my boss." Ha! I also enjoy the Sky Bar as well. Anthony is really great, or has been for me.

Still going to have to think this one over, though I'm not sure it's worth double the rate.
O2 is great value and rooms are still fresh and nicely designed. And if you don't mind the rough edges service wise it's a great hotel .... FOM (especially Sonia) staff are great, and F&B is pretty good in fact. And agree your point, if you don't get too bent out of shape on the polish of the service (mainly lounge), you can get good advantage out of that.

My wife sums it up pretty good ... she says it's ok for us being lucky enough work wise to live in this mad insular spoilt world of Intercontinental excess and get spoiled something rotten maybe 80-90 nights a year but if you where those folks going for an anniversary or trip of a lifetime etc, you would not find the service making you feel special. And that's a bit of shame. It could be so so good there. Anyway I still enjoy the O2 and definitely PL but for differing reasons

But for location it's hard find anything to whack IC PL over the head with .... I'd go as far to say it's the optimum location wise for going out in town ... at any price point. Better hotels? Sure ... better location .... I don't see one .... not for my purposes anyway. You will enjoy either but you will notice the difference.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:19 pm

That pretty much nails it. Focus on that trip will be Christmas markets. So easy access to Hyde Park would be nice. Either short tube or across the street. Tube from the O2 isn’t bad. One connection and you’re most places. It’s a tick longer riding in, but not enough to make it a bad spot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.