Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is 150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is 185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canaps between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:31 am

Im so happy that i choose Hilton Canopy London City hotel instead of IC Park Lane for my trip to London after reading this review. They are clearly different category but Hilton seems to have much better value for money. Did you complain about the room and lack of proper upgrade? In my opinion room being spotlessly clean and all the hardware working in this price point is the bare minimum which you would expect.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
nicolas75 : did you eventually got your bottle opener ?
congratulations though on your birthday!
all the best from us all
a bit sloppy though of the hotel to forget a RA's birthday but as Atacama40 has said/observed and i have experienced insitu :
RA is the ugly stepchild here as all effort goes out on GCC
IC PLG seems to better balance the devotion to RA and ME guests avoiding disappointment for both parties
* note on staff service, i do get treated here well by all staff in a friendly way : a 1 coin as token is still much appreciated as is a smile with free compliment

Atacama40 : the cook book cafe had a sort of identity crisis,
shame the Mexican place didn't work out but that space could be jinxed....
smart to put Alex Webb there as with frou frou dining one can decorate it in any style from Louis XIV to Phillipe Stark and people are still glued to their plates

Theo's becoming the all day dinner ?
Eek!
i remember from the past it was lunch / dinner only on certain days of the week....
When the lounge was being refurb -Theo's was the temp breakfast place for club / suites- quite lavish with club staff

IC Parklane really needs to wake up as you've said, hotels around it have started to update/modernize and new competition is emerging across Wellington Arch....
The bently with its Qatari license plate *1 Q* that's always parked at the front entrance might go several yards further to the Penn
It is sad that since 2015 we still have the old junk rooms/suites and there is really no idea when the complete refurb is finally done .....
Mayfair rooms/suites rates now seem more like a cash grab to extend on an indefinete cycle....
4 out of 8 floors only done ...

Its been so bad ( rates Mayfair) that i have diverted all London stays to the Kimpton Fitzroy instead.
nicolas75 and Atacama40 like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jan 31, 2023 at 2:55 pm
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
My recent experience is that the hotel seems to operate the Mayfair collection rooms as a hotel within the hotel in that you book Mayfair room the upgrade path is Mayfair to Mayfair skipping all the non renovated rooms and the same if you book a non renovated category room.
HadesNL and Atacama40 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HadesNL
I am afraid not. 😞

Its been so bad ( rates Mayfair) that i have diverted all London stays to the Kimpton Fitzroy instead.
I will do the same. I definitely much prefer it over Park Lane.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Im so happy that i choose Hilton Canopy London City hotel instead of IC Park Lane for my trip to London after reading this review. They are clearly different category but Hilton seems to have much better value for money. Did you complain about the room and lack of proper upgrade? In my opinion room being spotlessly clean and all the hardware working in this price point is the bare minimum which you would expect.
Canopy is definitely not in the same league, but it is true sometimes that having a nice room at cheaper hotel is better than a bad room at expensive property.

I expressed my disappointment at the check-out in the club lounge (noting how much I appreciated the quality of service).

The person was understanding and offered me 30,000 points (which is nice, but I must confess that I prefer a nice room to points, which I very rarely use).

This is what my "Premium room" looked like

Avant-garde design

Efficient maintenance

Perfect cleanliness

Contemporary art in the bathroom

Rare antique

Bathtub in perfect condition

Arte Povera

Spitting image

Yes, it is not scratch but dirt

Covid fridge in 2023

It has not been cleaned because Charles X used it once
HadesNL and joorinainen like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by shoven
My recent experience is that the hotel seems to operate the Mayfair collection rooms as a hotel within the hotel in that you book Mayfair room the upgrade path is Mayfair to Mayfair skipping all the non renovated rooms and the same if you book a non renovated category room.
Is a very good way of explaining shoven
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am afraid not. 😞

I will do the same. I definitely much prefer it over Park Lane.
Will get one of the blue ones with the Faberge egg and 'I' on it later week and send it to you
nicolas75 and HadesNL like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:29 pm

congratulations though on your birthday!
all the best from us all
a bit sloppy though of the hotel to forget a RA's birthday but as Atacama40 has said/observed and i have experienced insitu :
RA is the ugly stepchild here as all effort goes out on GCC
IC PLG seems to better balance the devotion to RA and ME guests avoiding disappointment for both parties
* note on staff service, i do get treated here well by all staff in a friendly way : a 1 coin as token is still much appreciated as is a smile with free compliment

Atacama40 : the cook book cafe had a sort of identity crisis,
shame the Mexican place didn't work out but that space could be jinxed....
smart to put Alex Webb there as with frou frou dining one can decorate it in any style from Louis XIV to Phillipe Stark and people are still glued to their plates

Theo's becoming the all day dinner ?
Eek!
i remember from the past it was lunch / dinner only on certain days of the week....
When the lounge was being refurb -Theo's was the temp breakfast place for club / suites- quite lavish with club staff

IC Parklane really needs to wake up as you've said, hotels around it have started to update/modernize and new competition is emerging across Wellington Arch....
The bently with its Qatari license plate *1 Q* that's always parked at the front entrance might go several yards further to the Penn
It is sad that since 2015 we still have the old junk rooms/suites and there is really no idea when the complete refurb is finally done .....
Mayfair rooms/suites rates now seem more like a cash grab to extend on an indefinete cycle....
4 out of 8 floors only done ...

Yep, even as an ICPL Lifer I cannot argue with any of that Hades.

But apols my technical description of Theo's is not strictly accurate ... it's not actually an all day diner but has the feel of it now is a better way to express it. Was there a couple of weeks back and chose to have breakfast there instead of lounge and they opened the private dining areas for overflow breakfast. Nothing actually wrong with that but it sort of busted the mystery and special nature of it. Guess we all know that private dining rooms are just a fractionally better same design behind a sliding partition but to flaunt it like that feels a tad cheap. Maybe my problem rather than anything so significant.

I have no problem with the folks getting the top slots there in one sense, It would be like certainly you, and nearly me at the IC Amstel and the former CP Ams City Center But it does create a limited opportunity for the rest of us. And let's be honest, most reading and commenting here are RA's (think I'm right saying that) .... imagine how the others are treated.

Shoven's description of it being a hotel within a hotel is very much on the money. Have to confess I'd not thought of it like that but is correct. It has definitely diluted the overall effect.
HadesNL and shoven like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
If i read blogger/influencer WanderWisdom, the hotel seems to satisfy the most frugal
https://wanderwisdom.com/lodging/Int...tel-Experience

i'll skip untill all renovations are done ...
ninjalad, nicolas75 and marlin1978 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
If i read blogger/influencer WanderWisdom, the hotel seems to satisfy the most frugal
https://wanderwisdom.com/lodging/Int...tel-Experience

i'll skip untill all renovations are done ...
Wow that's a different review can't say I have eaten like that at PL before, not to say I have never had outside food to the room before at an IC but that's next level frugal.
turner32, HadesNL and ARR72 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
This is what my "Premium room" looked like

Avant-garde design

Efficient maintenance

Perfect cleanliness

Contemporary art in the bathroom

Rare antique

Bathtub in perfect condition

Arte Povera

Spitting image

Yes, it is not scratch but
Covid fridge in …2023

It has not been cleaned because Charles X used it once
nicolas75 : your running commentary cheered me up on a dreary rainy day in Amsterdam , thank you!

I am contemplating to satisfy my curiosity about IC Parklane, maybe even to go so far to book a Mayfair Hyde Park Suite,
Normally the Kimpton Fitzroy is now our prefered choice but it seems it does not make sense as it won't count for RA requalification.
We could all be wiped out by a meteorite hitting the earth but at least i have closure about the actual situation at IC Parklane ..... but OMG pricing is steep ! On every possible day untill 2024!

BUT i see even something more interesting on the hotel's website.....
https://parklane.intercontinental.co...estige-suites/
Mayfair Prestige Suite : scant information, not bookable via the app, yet seeming high enough in category to be offering inclusive Club Lounge access....
(more enigmatictic than "SkinWalker Ranch in Utah")

PS: i have given up on the signature suites as it seems really unbookable and no indication of availability & pricing so i bet those suites function as some GCC Royal timeshare appartments pied terre or as additional space to store the town's local crumpet...

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 5, 2023 at 9:04 am
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:22 am

Actually the reason i was swayed to recontemplate the IC Parklane is because of DonPedro 's review on tripadvisor ....
He has the updated scoop and reported approving the Mayfair Hyde Park room and just like nicolas75 & Atacama40 has experienced the improving trend upwards of the club lounge.

And i fully trust DonPedro's judgement with his approval and tip of avoiding the non-refurb old junk rooms
"This is my top choice for London stays" &
Room tip: Book a Mayfair room if you can, exceptional quality rooms. ​​​​​
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...n_England.html
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Ah thank you HadesNL

I do feel that this can be one of the best IC experiences in Europe. The Mayfair Suites and very high quality. The lounge too, and the general experience.

And, the prices are good. PLG used to be my weekend treat hotel but now mostly here and BCN.
HadesNL and Atacama40 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:09 pm

Well, i took the gamble... taking one for the team
Mrs. Clackett from Noises Off aka Carol Burnett doesn't know if it's going to be Christmas or Cleveland,
But i bet her sardines are here nor there over the place as in Spain or in Agony

I'm all booked for september for my 3rd honeymoon trip,
We picked dates that coincide with Alex Webb & Theo Randall restaurants open for dinner,
A mighty blow for the waistline as there is still Diamond's breakfast at Theo + RA's 3x F&B presentation at the club lounge to partake.
binman 's reports about breakfast makes me not want to skip it
My S/O needs to pull me on one leg back the elevator in if i'm passed out on the floor in a food coma and schlepp me back to the room = glad romance isn't dead and love never dies

Prepandemic we stayed in the old pre-refurb 1 bedroom deluxe suite Hyde park view which i think (thanks to DonPedro & Atacama40 & nicolas75 input) has the same footprint as our now booked Mayfair 1 bedroom KING Suite Hyde Park view.
I really appreciate IAMORGAN 's photos of the Mayfair Grand Suite ... hope an upgrade might be in the cards

As Mrs. Peacock from Clue exclaims: "i have absolutely no idea what we are doing here OR what i'm doing here or what this is all about....., but i'm determined to enjoy myself, .... very intrigued...! "

And just like in Soapdish's: "no turbans for Miss Talbert as they make me look like the Tweety-bird" i have emailed reservations in advance informing of my requests (four piece Chinese orchestra at midnight)

Let's hope if i can spot fellow furniture Atacama40 in the lounge for trip to memory lane!
Atacama40 likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 8, 2023 at 2:55 pm
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Oh Hades, Im not sure if you will be Myra or Myron for that trip 😂
Id love to be there but will be in Berlin, what a surprise 😉
HadesNL likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.